MDR Oosterdam

The staff is wonderful in the MDR, I’m on the Oosterdam right now.

I would be forever grateful if you could look up a main dining room server named Alfin and let him know that Mr Robert sends best wishes. He is supposed to return to Indonesia on the 10th of January - I wish him a safe trip.

Thank you so much.

I would be forever grateful if you could look up a main dining room server named Alfin and let him know that Mr Robert sends best wishes. He is supposed to return to Indonesia on the 10th of January - I wish him a safe trip.

Thank you so much.

I had him twice this week, he was great [emoji1303].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
The staff is wonderful in the MDR, I’m on the Oosterdam right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are planning on a Med & TA passage in October and I've seen so many mixed reviews about the Oosterdam. We like the itinerary but are concerned with the reviews on this site. "cold on the ship, food is luke warm, ragged carpet, cabins in need of cleaning and repair.........We also were considering the Koningsdam (Med & TA). We were just on her for a 11 day southern and LOVED it. I realize we are comparing a new ship to old and that's fine its more the reviews I am concerned about. We previously have been on the Zuiderdam and Noordam. What are your thoughts?

We are planning on a Med & TA passage in October and I've seen so many mixed reviews about the Oosterdam. We like the itinerary but are concerned with the reviews on this site. "cold on the ship, food is luke warm, ragged carpet, cabins in need of cleaning and repair.........We also were considering the Koningsdam (Med & TA). We were just on her for a 11 day southern and LOVED it. I realize we are comparing a new ship to old and that's fine its more the reviews I am concerned about. We previously have been on the Zuiderdam and Noordam. What are your thoughts?

FYI - Oostie is on the way to her Freeport dry-dock via the Panama Canal as we speak! Saw her in San Diego yesterday

Cruising in Feb to Mexico, we have "open dining" have found conflicting answers on which level of MDR we will be seated in.(not that it really matters) just curious

Our last two sailings on Oosterdam (latest one was in October) we were Fixed and on Deck 3. Open Seating was Deck 2. Enjoy! She's a wonderful Ship with a wonderful Crew! :)

We sailed the Oostie in October for the PC Transit and the year before for a Med Cruise (shortly after the remodel). We loved this Ship and would book her again in a heartbeat. We had excellent Service in the MDR, Lounges, etc. We found the food to be very good overall in the MDR and the Pinnacle and Sel de Mer Pop-Up was excellent! We had no issues at all with Maintenance problems and the Ship was spotless as was our Room (both Cruises).

We have also sailed the Kdam twice and really enjoy that Ship, too, especially the Dutch Café and the Specialty Restaurants. What we do like better about the Oosterdam is because of the different layout on Music Walk there was Music in Billboard every night at 7 pm. On Kdam it doesn't start up until later because of the location opposite Lincoln Center. Since we do Late Seating we would often go there for a pre-dinner drink. We noticed, too, that some who did Early Seating would go to BB before the 8 pm Show.

Whatever Ship you decide have a great Cruise!

Our last two sailings on Oosterdam (latest one was in October) we were Fixed and on Deck 3. Open Seating was Deck 2. Enjoy! She's a wonderful Ship with a wonderful Crew! :)

We sailed the Oostie in October for the PC Transit and the year before for a Med Cruise (shortly after the remodel). We loved this Ship and would book her again in a heartbeat. We had excellent Service in the MDR, Lounges, etc. We found the food to be very good overall in the MDR and the Pinnacle and Sel de Mer Pop-Up was excellent! We had no issues at all with Maintenance problems and the Ship was spotless as was our Room (both Cruises).

We have also sailed the Kdam twice and really enjoy that Ship, too, especially the Dutch Café and the Specialty Restaurants. What we do like better about the Oosterdam is because of the different layout on Music Walk there was Music in Billboard every night at 7 pm. On Kdam it doesn't start up until later because of the location opposite Lincoln Center. Since we do Late Seating we would often go there for a pre-dinner drink. We noticed, too, that some who did Early Seating would go to BB before the 8 pm Show.

Whatever Ship you decide have a great Cruise!

Thanks so much Eileen, I really appreciate your comparison's of both ships and have set my mind at ease now! We placed our deposit on the Oosterdam 3 weeks ago (26 Day Med & Passage to America) but unfortunately there are no Signature Suites left so had to book a Verandah but location is close to the elevator!! We wanted midship and that's the closes the PCC could get! So hoping something else opens up??Just concerned on TA crossing. It doesn't appear by looking at pics that the Verandah's have been upgraded hence why we wanted a Signature Suite. I could be wrong though. Gosh I have learned you need to book really early!!! I'm new to Cruise Critic (never posted before) I have learned so much!!

Thanks again!

Donna

Thanks so much Eileen, I really appreciate your comparison's of both ships and have set my mind at ease now! We placed our deposit on the Oosterdam 3 weeks ago (26 Day Med & Passage to America) but unfortunately there are no Signature Suites left so had to book a Verandah but location is close to the elevator!! We wanted midship and that's the closes the PCC could get! So hoping something else opens up??Just concerned on TA crossing. It doesn't appear by looking at pics that the Verandah's have been upgraded hence why we wanted a Signature Suite. I could be wrong though. Gosh I have learned you need to book really early!!! I'm new to Cruise Critic (never posted before) I have learned so much!!

Thanks again!

Donna

You're welcome, Donna, and Welcome to Cruise Critic! Our friends were in a Verandah on both Cruises. We had a Signature Suite. They did have some upgrades in the Verandah's with USB's and additional outlets but not sure how many. I know they had a USB by one of the nightstands and I believe the desk area, too. If you are close to the Glass Elevators, that's a great location! Those Elevators are like having a Private one and are the one thing we missed on Kdam! Fingers crossed a Signature opens up for you!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!