My packing list. Would you add anything?

bbtbear

An observation: Anyone who doesn't think it's worthwhile to carry travel-sized toilet paper rolls obviously hasn't been to China (or a host of other countries).

hahaha right? I was kind of surprised by the push back there. A little TP is never a bad thing in a foreign country (and even in the US sometimes!)

I normally sail RC or Celebrity so cannot say for certain about Carnival. However, every cruise ship I have sailed has an small outlet in the bathroom for electric razors only. Outlet does not accept a regular plug.

I would not take any kind of power strip or extension cord on a ship. They are incredibly picky (and I totally agree) because of the fire danger. Even when traveling with cabin mates we were just careful about plugging stuff in and removing when charged so that everything got charged. There are usually two outlets on the desk area. Too many reports of supposedly allowed power strips/cords bring confiscated to make it worthwhile.

If you need an extension cord for medical reasons, CPAP for example, ship will provide.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback on this.

hahaha right? I was kind of surprised by the push back there. A little TP is never a bad thing in a foreign country (and even in the US sometimes!)

Ugh. Don't you hate being in a bathroom without TP. Remember that episode of Seinfeld when the woman in the next stall wouldn't give Elaine any?

Anyway, I always carry a pocket pack of Kleenex in my purse, somehow, carrying 'facial tissue' is less of an issue than carrying 'toilet tissue'. :)

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Ugh. Don't you hate being in a bathroom without TP. Remember that episode of Seinfeld when the woman in the next stall wouldn't give Elaine any?

Anyway, I always carry a pocket pack of Kleenex in my purse, somehow, carrying 'facial tissue' is less of an issue than carrying 'toilet tissue'. :)

hahaha I DO remember that Seinfeld. I guess I should carry some facial, definitely not for my hiney tissue and then I'll be totally good! ;P

I would not take any kind of power strip or extension cord on a ship. They are incredibly picky (and I totally agree) because of the fire danger. Even Too many reports of supposedly allowed power strips/cords bring confiscated to make it worthwhile.

regular splitters are fine. Surge protectors are NOT fine. We brought one like this:

41p5asBvsnL._AC_US218_.jpg

having lived in New Orleans (locals say Nawlens) be prepared for heavy humidity no matter the temperature. Be sure to have a strong hangover relieve. The best restaurants, even those uptown (e.g. Commander's Palace), may be fully reserved by Krewe members already but try the Court of Two Sisters now for Mardi Gras.

Have a great time!!

Glenn:cool::cool: clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

having lived in New Orleans (locals say Nawlens) be prepared for heavy humidity no matter the temperature. Be sure to have a strong hangover relieve. The best restaurants, even those uptown (e.g. Commander's Palace), may be fully reserved by Krewe members already but try the Court of Two Sisters now for Mardi Gras.

Have a great time!!

Glenn:cool::cool: clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

Awesome! I will do that. We're staying at Hotel Provincial in the FQ. Looks like court of Two Sisters is less than 1/2 a mile away! :)

Y'all do realize that you can always take some tp from your stateroom and tuck it in your bag? I have learned from a friend … when the tp roll in your stateroom is almost done, go ahead and change it out for a new one, drop the almost-empty one in your excursion bag and you're good to go … so to speak …

Y'all do realize that you can always take some tp from your stateroom and tuck it in your bag? I have learned from a friend … when the tp roll in your stateroom is almost done, go ahead and change it out for a new one, drop the almost-empty one in your excursion bag and you're good to go … so to speak …

Fair call. I would have done that if I didn't already have this roll of travel TP from some hiking supplies. I'll bring the travel roll since it doesn't have a cardboard hollow tube in the middle, so it takes up less space, but thanks for the idea! :)

It also helps to have an actual toilet. Always opt for the handicapped stall in many Asian locations.

regular splitters are fine. Surge protectors are NOT fine. We brought one like this:

41p5asBvsnL._AC_US218_.jpg

Most of what we take charges from USB so we just take a multiport USB travel charger like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerPort-Charger-Charge-PowerIQ/dp/B01N2HIR9R/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1531944311&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=anker+usb+travel+wall+charger&dpPl=1&dpID=41TQcQxAv8L&ref=plSrch

The ships we have taken have one European 220 outlet and one US 110 outlet. We take an adapter so we can use both. The USB charger and most other modern electronics work fine with either voltage. Heating appliances (e.g. hair dryers) usually only work with one so don't plug them into the other outlet with an adapter.

You can get a universal adapter that even includes a couple of USB ports. I like to have USB ports that support at least 2 Amps like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Worldwide-AC100-240v-Protected-International/dp/B01FOHBZ8E/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1531945013&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=outlet+adapter+universal&dpPl=1&dpID=41YjwlakJOL&ref=plSrch

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

I don't take an alarm clock as my phone provides that just fine & I can choose my preferred wake up sound.

I like to keep my phone by my bed and there isn't always an outlet there. Also, I don't trust the USB outlets sometimes provided in a lamp or bedside table as some are old ones that don't provide enough power.

So, I take a couple of external batteries. One for using at my bedside that I charge during the day and one for use during the day in case my phone runs low.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-Compact-High-speed-Technology/dp/B0194WDVHI/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1531945384&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=anker+portable+charger&dpPl=1&dpID=31B5rBNP%2B8L&ref=plSrch

Thanks so much! I wonder if I couldn't plug one power strip into the other and increase the # of available outlets if the bathroom outlet doesn't lend itself to supporting a power strip.

I'm not sure you'd really need that many outlets:confused: I would think hair products would only need plugged in while using (and one of you can possibly use the gym shower for more space - not sure about outlets there), and chargers could be unplugged for that time.

We usually take a 6 port USB charger and that covers all of our charging needs, leaving a plug open for my curling iron.

If you need a fan, one of the splitters shown above might be helpful.

That is a quite extensive list, but take what you feel you will need. The only advice I would have is remember that you may have to carry your carry on around ( before you sail) some times, most of the time, you can’t get into your cabin right away and you will have to drag it around with you until you can get into the room.

Most of what we take charges from USB so we just take a multiport USB travel charger like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerPort-Charger-Charge-PowerIQ/dp/B01N2HIR9R/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1531944311&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=anker+usb+travel+wall+charger&dpPl=1&dpID=41TQcQxAv8L&ref=plSrch

The ships we have taken have one European 220 outlet and one US 110 outlet. We take an adapter so we can use both. The USB charger and most other modern electronics work fine with either voltage. Heating appliances (e.g. hair dryers) usually only work with one so don't plug them into the other outlet with an adapter.

You can get a universal adapter that even includes a couple of USB ports. I like to have USB ports that support at least 2 Amps like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Worldwide-AC100-240v-Protected-International/dp/B01FOHBZ8E/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1531945013&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=outlet+adapter+universal&dpPl=1&dpID=41YjwlakJOL&ref=plSrch

Cool! Thanks for the links!

I don't take an alarm clock as my phone provides that just fine & I can choose my preferred wake up sound.

I like to keep my phone by my bed and there isn't always an outlet there. Also, I don't trust the USB outlets sometimes provided in a lamp or bedside table as some are old ones that don't provide enough power.

So, I take a couple of external batteries. One for using at my bedside that I charge during the day and one for use during the day in case my phone runs low.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-Compact-High-speed-Technology/dp/B0194WDVHI/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1531945384&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=anker+portable+charger&dpPl=1&dpID=31B5rBNP%2B8L&ref=plSrch

Yeah, I'll be bringing one or 2 mobile chargers too!

I'm not sure you'd really need that many outlets:confused: I would think hair products would only need plugged in while using (and one of you can possibly use the gym shower for more space - not sure about outlets there), and chargers could be unplugged for that time.

We usually take a 6 port USB charger and that covers all of our charging needs, leaving a plug open for my curling iron.

If you need a fan, one of the splitters shown above might be helpful.

Maybe not. The strips have 3 outlets and 3 USB ports each.

That is a quite extensive list, but take what you feel you will need. The only advice I would have is remember that you may have to carry your carry on around ( before you sail) some times, most of the time, you can’t get into your cabin right away and you will have to drag it around with you until you can get into the room.

Well, we got Faster to the Fun, so we shouldn't have any trouble going right to the room, dropping the bags, and taking whatever we want out onto the ship. :)

Well, we got Faster to the Fun, so we shouldn't have any trouble going right to the room, dropping the bags, and taking whatever we want out onto the ship. :)

I'm glad you were able to get FTTF, especially for this cruise. It is admittedly a splurge, but very nice to minimize hassles. We loved being able to take luggage to the room right away and the expedited guest services line.

I'm glad you were able to get FTTF, especially for this cruise. It is admittedly a splurge, but very nice to minimize hassles. We loved being able to take luggage to the room right away and the expedited guest services line.

Yeah, I'm excited, too. It seems really decadent to pay $90 just to avoid waiting for things, but we went for it. I've never really traveled like this before. This is a "no expense barred" vacation and that is not my usual speed, but it sure is fun to plan! I fear it will spoil me forever, but I can learn to live with that! lol!

I've really enjoyed reading your packing list. It's nice to know I'm not the only one that obsesses over the planning and packing for trips. My OCD gets the best of me and I always have spreadsheets for our itinerary (hourly and color coded by activity), spending (including any savings), packing lists, and print outs of every flight confirmation, rental car confirmations, addresses, important phone numbers, etc. All of the information for any given trip is filed away in its own folder on my cloud drive, along with the photos from the trip. This satisfies my obsessiveness and makes it easy to refer back to the trip later.

I have yet to begin my lists and spreadsheets for my December cruise, but I think your list has given me the motivation I need to get started!

You have my sympathies for your loss.

I hope you both make a lot of happy memories on your cruise!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk