MSC Seaside Yacht Club Review and Pics!

eroller

But isn’t Oceana Riviera a LOT more expensive than Yacht Club?

Depends on the sailing I supposed. I took a 7-day Caribbean cruise on Oceania's Riviera out of Miami and it might have even been less than the YC, but I can't remember. Of course no alcohol was included. Anyway I recall we got a great deal and it didn't break the bank.

Wherever he goes I'm sure he will be successful. If he leaves MSC then they have lost a great asset.

I could see Arthur at an ultra-premium or luxury line such as Oceania and Silversea. He brings a lot of experience and finesse to the table.

I had long talks with the future cruise girl on MSC Divina last year. I highly recommended her to the cruise directer and learned some interesting things about her on the last day. She sounds much like the "Arthur", you all have met.

She had worked in top London Hotels for 15 years and now this was her first cruise contract. It had just ended and she was flying back to London, for her break.

She had just been hired at Crystal for triple MSC's salary!

• Like 1

That may be true in the US but not in Eastern Europe or Eastern Asia where almost 50% of all males smoke.

Which is why....

"By region, the highest lung cancer mortality rates (per 100,000) in 2012 were in Central and Eastern Europe (47.6) and Eastern Asia (44.8) among males" - World Health Organization

I'm glad you enjoyed the review!

I have also sailed on Oceania's RIVIERA and quite enjoyed it. I'll let you know up front the experience on MSC will be quite different even in the Yacht Club. In general Oceania is much more sedate than MSC. Service is more polished I would say and overall the ship has a much more elegant feel. It's an ultra-premium experience where MSC is mass-market. Mind you there are many aspects of the Yacht Club that are ultra-premium but just keep in mind that the rest of the ship is mass-market, which means a much more busy, crowded, loud, and activity filled experience. I'll also mention that cuisine on RIVIERA was probably the best I've experience at sea, and in no way does MSC's compare even in the Yacht Club. That is just my personal opinion. So my best advice is go with an open mind and enjoy the experience for what it is, and try not to compare everything to past cruises.

I do believe you can take advantage of any new promotions or rate reductions prior to final payment time. At least that is the way it works in the US. Deposits here are generally refundable, so worse case scenario you can always cancel and rebook with no penalty. I know it's different in other countries and I'm not sure where you're from. I know in the UK deposits are generally not refundable so different circumstances and rules there.

Hope this helps!

Hello again! Thank you for your insights and opinions!! I really appreciate your experience on so many cruiselines.

Having two, young grandsons (13 and 15) and our daughters (and son-in-law) in their early 30’s and 40’s, there wasn’t a thought to cruise with them on Oceania as that clientele is much older (mostly retirees) AND it would be pretty pricey! I’ll save the Riviera or Mariner for another, future cruise for the two of us! I LOVE OCEANIA!

I was however wondering if you had cruised Celebrity or Royal Carribean? I’m sure whatever we end up sailing on will be a wonderful cruise but what I’m trying to do is find a ship (line) that will pretty much satisfy everyone. I’d like to sail on a ship where there is entertainment options for the boys (not overwhelmingly so) AND the adults? The Oasis of the Seas offers a cruise for the western med. area that would work but it is HUGE! It might be too many bells and whistles so that might be over-doing it as far as entertainment for our grandsons, especially with our port-extensive itinerary. I’d be interested to know how the food rates on RCL (more important for us adults than for the boys).

I’m also looking at Celebrity’s, The Edge. Again, I’d be curious to know how the food rates on Celebrity. Just trying to find something that ‘fits’ our group.

MSC’s Divina (YC) is still a contender!!

I have been on Celebrity Millennium, Summit, and Equinox - I can say quite definitively that Celebrity is not geared towards kids. Not much at all for them. The clientele is mostly 50's and up, my guess. The food is very good. The Edge does look beautiful, but again not sure what will be on board for kids. Sometimes the itinerary itself makes the trip.

Hello again! Thank you for your insights and opinions!! I really appreciate your experience on so many cruiselines.

Having two, young grandsons (13 and 15) and our daughters (and son-in-law) in their early 30’s and 40’s, there wasn’t a thought to cruise with them on Oceania as that clientele is much older (mostly retirees) AND it would be pretty pricey! I’ll save the Riviera or Mariner for another, future cruise for the two of us! I LOVE OCEANIA!

I was however wondering if you had cruised Celebrity or Royal Carribean? I’m sure whatever we end up sailing on will be a wonderful cruise but what I’m trying to do is find a ship (line) that will pretty much satisfy everyone. I’d like to sail on a ship where there is entertainment options for the boys (not overwhelmingly so) AND the adults? The Oasis of the Seas offers a cruise for the western med. area that would work but it is HUGE! It might be too many bells and whistles so that might be over-doing it as far as entertainment for our grandsons, especially with our port-extensive itinerary. I’d be interested to know how the food rates on RCL (more important for us adults than for the boys).

I’m also looking at Celebrity’s, The Edge. Again, I’d be curious to know how the food rates on Celebrity. Just trying to find something that ‘fits’ our group.

MSC’s Divina (YC) is still a contender!!

Personally I love Celebrity. They are probably my favorite large ship cruise line. This being said, they are not the best choice for kids. Yes they have kids activities and centers for the kids, but it's mostly an adult cruise line (one reason I like it). You won't find the water parks, ice skating rinks, rock climbing walls, zip lines, etc. on Celebrity. It's much more subdued (not as much as Oceania) and low key. I think food on Celebrity is very good. Not as good as Oceania but much better than MSC, even in the YC.

I would highly recommend the Oasis Class. I've sailed on all three multiple times and I really love these ships. They are designed incredibly well with "neighborhoods" and I find them to feel less crowded than many ships half their size. There is truly something for everyone onboard. Now I've only sailed them on Caribbean cruises which they are really suited for, so I can't comment on how they would be on a port intensive European itinerary. Usually for those types of cruises I like smaller ships mainly for the ease of getting on and off the ship, and shore excursions with less people. For your 13 and 15 year old grand kids though I can't think of a better ship. They will be blown away and probably won't want to sail on anything else. Even your daughters in their 30's and 40's will probably love it. Regarding the food, well it varies. The MDR food is nothing to write home about but I would still say it's better than MSC. The best roast beef sandwich I've ever had is at the Park Cafe onboard, and it's included. Great place to enjoy lunch. The speciality restaurants are quite good, and you could literally dine in one every night (I've done it). 150 Central Park is on par with what you would find on Oceania (gourmet), and there are many others worth trying (steak, Asian, Italian, etc). Usually Royal will offer a couple dining packages which actually make them more affordable. The best thing about the Oasis Class is choice. Something for everything and tons to do. Yes you can get away from it all as well if you want to.

Here is a link to one of my photo albums from Oasis. You can get a good idea of what to expect on the ship from it.

Personally I love Celebrity. They are probably my favorite large ship cruise line. This being said, they are not the best choice for kids. Yes they have kids activities and centers for the kids, but it's mostly an adult cruise line (one reason I like it). You won't find the water parks, ice skating rinks, rock climbing walls, zip lines, etc. on Celebrity. It's much more subdued (not as much as Oceania) and low key. I think food on Celebrity is very good. Not as good as Oceania but much better than MSC, even in the YC.

I would highly recommend the Oasis Class. I've sailed on all three multiple times and I really love these ships. They are designed incredibly well with "neighborhoods" and I find them to feel less crowded than many ships half their size. There is truly something for everyone onboard. Now I've only sailed them on Caribbean cruises which they are really suited for, so I can't comment on how they would be on a port intensive European itinerary. Usually for those types of cruises I like smaller ships mainly for the ease of getting on and off the ship, and shore excursions with less people. For your 13 and 15 year old grand kids though I can't think of a better ship. They will be blown away and probably won't want to sail on anything else. Even your daughters in their 30's and 40's will probably love it. Regarding the food, well it varies. The MDR food is nothing to write home about but I would still say it's better than MSC. The best roast beef sandwich I've ever had is at the Park Cafe onboard, and it's included. Great place to enjoy lunch. The speciality restaurants are quite good, and you could literally dine in one every night (I've done it). 150 Central Park is on par with what you would find on Oceania (gourmet), and there are many others worth trying (steak, Asian, Italian, etc). Usually Royal will offer a couple dining packages which actually make them more affordable. The best thing about the Oasis Class is choice. Something for everything and tons to do. Yes you can get away from it all as well if you want to.

Here is a link to one of my photo albums from Oasis. You can get a good idea of what to expect on the ship from it.

You are so kind to include your experiences and photos! Again,....thank you!

I’ve been scanning all I can about Oasis of the Seas. There are a lot of comments about how ‘tired’ and ‘in need of upgrading’ this ship requires. One article I found mentioned it will go into dry dock in 2019 but no details as to what they plan on doing. I’d sure like to know RCL plans concerning Oasis of the Seas before I’d make any reservations! It would be a real bummer if all this planning (and thousands of dollars) was marred by a cruising on a ship that was in dire need of some TLC. :0(

Great review. I had the YC inner cabin on the Meraviglia on 19th february. I recognize all the experiences you had on the Seaside. It was a wonderfull time. I would chose a YC inner cabin over a regular balcony any time. My cabin was very close to the YC elevator and the Top Sail lounge was reached in no time. It was my "private" balcony. :)

The MSC experience is not over yet. On 31th March starts my 28-day cruise on the Splendida from Dubai to Japan. It is my first MSC Grand Voyage.

You are so kind to include your experiences and photos! Again,....thank you!

I’ve been scanning all I can about Oasis of the Seas. There are a lot of comments about how ‘tired’ and ‘in need of upgrading’ this ship requires. One article I found mentioned it will go into dry dock in 2019 but no details as to what they plan on doing. I’d sure like to know RCL plans concerning Oasis of the Seas before I’d make any reservations! It would be a real bummer if all this planning (and thousands of dollars) was marred by a cruising on a ship that was in dire need of some TLC. :0(

Personally I can't imagine that Oasis is looking shabby, and honestly even a little shabby this ship is far superior to pretty much any other mass-market ship.

Keep researching but do take the comments and reviews with a grain of salt. Everyones desires, expectations, and perceptions are different.

Great review. I had the YC inner cabin on the Meraviglia on 19th february. I recognize all the experiences you had on the Seaside. It was a wonderfull time. I would chose a YC inner cabin over a regular balcony any time. My cabin was very close to the YC elevator and the Top Sail lounge was reached in no time. It was my "private" balcony. :)

The MSC experience is not over yet. On 31th March starts my 28-day cruise on the Splendida from Dubai to Japan. It is my first MSC Grand Voyage.

Glad you enjoyed it! And Bon Voyage on the Splendida!

I'm planning to sail on Meraviglia when she arrives in Miami. I love to try out new ship designs.

This is the BEST review I've ever read and the pics are just fantastic. Thank you for sharing; we'll be sailing the end of Nov in the YC. THANKS again

Why thank you! That is super nice. I'm glad you enjoyed it and Bon Voyage in November!

Wherever he goes I'm sure he will be successful. If he leaves MSC then they have lost a great asset.

I could see Arthur at an ultra-premium or luxury line such as Oceania and Silversea. He brings a lot of experience and finesse to the table.

At dinner last night he assured us he was renewing his contract on Seaside MSC and we'd see him on our March 2019 B2B.

Unbelievable waiter, now we are returning home and will have to decide what to eat (yes, he knows you so well he rarely misses; and he openly steers you away from something he doesn't believe is up to standard or expectation). Also, actually a very good wine adviser also.

• 4 weeks later...
At dinner last night he assured us he was renewing his contract on Seaside MSC and we'd see him on our March 2019 B2B.

Unbelievable waiter, now we are returning home and will have to decide what to eat (yes, he knows you so well he rarely misses; and he openly steers you away from something he doesn't believe is up to standard or expectation). Also, actually a very good wine adviser also.

Do you know when Arthur is going on vacation? I will be on seaside June 30 2018 for a b2b and would like to experience his service. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Do you know when Arthur is going on vacation? I will be on seaside June 30 2018 for a b2b and would like to experience his service. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If Arthur is not on your sailing, request Alessandra. She has been absolutely magnificent. All of her recommendations have been spot on, for food and wine. She brings extra plates of food out too. It has been incredible.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

If Arthur is not on your sailing, request Alessandra. She has been absolutely magnificent. All of her recommendations have been spot on, for food and wine. She brings extra plates of food out too. It has been incredible.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the recommendation. I have read on here that she is also great. Have also read that William is alsoa rock star.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Thanks for the recommendation. I have read on here that she is also great. Have also read that William is alsoa rock star.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

We had Anastasia the week of March 3rd, and she was excellent, as were her assistants. Amazed at her fluency in Italian, French, Spanish, and English!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry! Fat fingers on a small keyboard! I meant our servers was Allesandra! She is on the starboard side and has quite a few two-tops with great views.

JAGR;55807109]We had Anastasia the week of March 3rd, and she was excellent, as were her assistants. Amazed at her fluency in Italian, French, Spanish, and English!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk