Sapphire Princess - quiet spaces?

Scorpio41

Are there places on board where you can go and sit for some quiet time to just sit, read and relax?

Used to like Skywalkers lounge for this when we cruised on her a few years back. Getting to cruise on her again in a couple of months so will confirm it's still the case!.

Edited by dides

Sailing on Saturday. :)

I’ve only just thought about it as I realised there is no crows nest.

Have a wonderful time! Skywalkers is as close to a crows nest as you will get during the day (was on Oriana last weekend):)

Skywalker's, all windows with nice views. The Conservatory above the indoor pool is a popular location. If you want outside Horizon Terrace area, most locations on the promenade (I think there are still chairs there). If you want to spend some money The Sanctuary offers luxury lounge chairs and some extra amenities.

Check out the Wake View Bar located on deck 6. Access is gained by a spiral stairway located in the back corner, port side of the deck 7 Club Fusion. It is out of the way and few people ever go there. The bar is usually not manned so you may want to take a drink with you. I have spent a total of 49 days aboard the Sapphire Princess and found this to be the most comfortable and quiet place to sit and read. If you like to people watch, this is not the place to sit.

Check out the Wake View Bar located on deck 6. Access is gained by a spiral stairway located in the back corner, port side of the deck 7 Club Fusion. It is out of the way and few people ever go there. The bar is usually not manned so you may want to take a drink with you. I have spent a total of 49 days aboard the Sapphire Princess and found this to be the most comfortable and quiet place to sit and read. If you like to people watch, this is not the place to sit.

You beat me to it!!

Great place to be alone...no one seems to know it's there.

Will there be refreshments at the meet and greet. Celebrity always lay on champagne.

I have no idea. No one has mentioned anything about drinks on the roll call. I’d assume the bar would be open.

Princess provides a bartender to take your orders and stale bar snacks. That's it.

The M&G organizer should have gotten an explanation of this in the email that's sent to verify the time/place for the meeting.

Just back from the Sapphire Princess and found plenty of places to sit quietly - depending on the day, it may just mean looking around and not relying on the same place each day! Great ship. Enjoy!

Edited by RFMW
spelling!

Will there be refreshments at the meet and greet. Celebrity always lay on champagne.

Princess doesn't supply any kind of refreshments. They may have someone at the bar if you want to buy drinks.

Was just discussing this with DH. I have done Meet and Greets on RCI, NCL, Cunard, Princess and MSC. RCI and NCL have provided fruit, danish, cookies, punch, water, juice...

MSC does it up right! Free drinks and snacks, canapés and even a cake!

Princess, Cunard...nothing! And if you want to use a microphone at the Princess M&G to talk to the crowd or have the officers talk to the group you have to RENT a microphone from them for $10!!! :rolleyes:;p Pretty surprising.

I like sitting on the Promenade Deck - Deck 7. There are nice teak lounges out there but you are outside and a view of the ocean. I think the aft pools are often quiet on European cruises. If the aft pool isn't quiet, there is one above it also.

It's also not a place to see the wake. I was surprised to find there were just a couple of portholes in the space. And they are set rather high for this short person. But yes, super quiet and big comfy chairs.

They used the Wake View bar on our Sapphire cruise on 3 (or 4?) different nights for about 3-4 hours in the evening for the Escape Room game.

Coral,

Which dining room was open for lunch on embarkation?

Thanks,

Gail

Coral,

Which dining room was open for lunch on embarkation?

Thanks,

Gail

International Dining room. Deck 6, aft. When I went, some guy was stopping people at the elevator telling them it was for private functions only. I still went and there was no private function and was seated right away.

Have a great cruise! I hope you can still read this.

Sign up for the Escape Room. It was in the Patter on the first sea day (tomorrow) for you. It was difficult to see. You just sign up for a later date.

Sign up for the Escape Room. It was in the Patter on the first sea day (tomorrow) for you. It was difficult to see. You just sign up for a later date.

Escape room!! That’s amazing!! How often do they do this? How is it run? How many people can sign up? We’re taking our first (and second) Princess cruises in January, back to back on the Diamond and the Sapphire! And we LOVE escape rooms!