Guarantee accessible cabin

1980dory

Using normal channels, not that I'm aware of.

We have waitlisted HA cabins on 2 different cruise lines, unsuccessfully both times. One situation really irritated me. We were waitlisted for almost 18 months. The day before final payment, when it still hadn't opened up, I had the TA cancel the reservation (I had to book a cabin of the same category then waitlist to move to the HA). The day after final payment, 2 of the 4 balcony HAs on the ship were "available," meaning that people had booked them and then canceled their reservations. The cruise line would be happy to sell me one of the cabins, but at the "then" rate which was $1000 more than our original reservation. They would not reinstate the previous rate. I told them where to get off.

That said, on one cruise line, gty rates come out after final payment date. My TA is one of their biggest sellers. He has been able to go thru back door channels and get me an HA cabin IF one is available and they have the gty available in that category. I can't do it on line or any other way that I know of. Basically, the agent calls their "behind the scenes" number and tells them that we need it....and it happens.

I honestly don't know if another agent could do this--he, of course, would like me to believe that it is because he is consistently either first or second in the US for sales with this line.

Another note on this--if Princess is doing a 3 for free or other special that includes a cabin upgrade, you can't get the upgrade if you need an HA cabin. At least that's what we encountered when we booked under the special.

Edited by moki'smommy

• 3 weeks later...

Names of TA can't be mentioned on CC

Do google search for top Princess agents.

I have several upcoming cruise with accessible cabins. One was booked on 3 for free sale and we were given a obstructed view cabin instead of inside cabin. - In this case I already had an inside booked but phoned when the new sale was on and was given the upgrade instead of original cabin.