If you have ACTUALLY STAYED at a hotel in SJ SINCE Oct 1...please list here

skiiergirl

There are lots of threads about PR hotels and SPECULATION of who is open...who will be open...who is cancelling reservations due to FEMA, etc....so let's PLEASE keep this thread at "actual, factual" "reports" from folks who have actually visited the hotels in San Juan since October 1.

If you have actually stayed in a San Juan area hotel since Oct 1....

Please tell us:

1. Date you stayed

2. Name of hotel

3. Powered by electricity or generator?

4. Restaurants, drug/grocery stores nearby...open/closed?

5. Areas of hotel that were open/closed, etc.

6. Any other helpful information regarding your actual stay at the hotel

Thanks to all for your "factual reports". Future cruisers are appreciative!

This was posted on another thread last night.

The ac Marriott honored our reservation today thankfully, although they’ve called at least twice in the last several weeks to make sure we were coming. They are up and running although presumably on a generator. There is ac and internet, yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Following. Have reservations at AC Marriott on 11/17. I called on Tuesday they couldn’t find reservation - eventually found told all set. I called again last night to reconfirm. Told me to call the front desk 3 days before arriving.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was posted on another thread....

Just got back from the 10/14/17 Adventure sailing...here is a summary of our logistics to get on and off the ship...

We were at the Pan Am Terminal at 10:30 and boarded the ship just after 11. We had stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night. Used taxis to the hotel and cruise port without a problem. At the end of the cruise, we had a 1:00 flight. We were out of our cabin by 8, had a nice breakfast in the MDR and were done and in a taxi by 9 ish. At the cruise pier USE THE PORTERS. At the airport, USE THE PORTERS. They either take you to the front of the line or go in a separate quicker line. We were lucky enough to have first class tickets and TSA pre check. From the time we left the ship to get through immigration, taxi, agriculture inspection, check in and security took a total of one hour. Friends on Southwest didn't have as good luck and took them about two hours. Either way we were both at our gates about two hours ahead of departure. Taxis are plentiful. I hope you all enjoy your cruises as much as we did.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This was posted on another thread also....

Cruise finished - Disembark

Following the instructions that Royal gave us on the last night, we had our bags out in the hall by 11PM. In the morning, you have to be out of the room by 8:00AM. Our assigned waiting area was the Main Dining Room, with an approximate disembark call at 8:00. That time is different for every group. We ate breakfast, cleared the room, and got to the MDR by just before 8:00. Shortly (maybe 5-10 min) the call came for us to Disembark. We left the ship. In the cruise terminal, you enter the luggage hall. There were a handful (maybe 10 or so) porters in the hall just as you entered. I had read on these boards that if you have one of them help, it expedites the customs process. In this case, I also figured they would be glad to have the work and a tip. So, I engaged one of the porters. The bags were spread out in the room well and it only took a few minutes to find ours. He grabbed them. There was a separate customs line for porters and nobody was in it. The "help yourself" line was about 20 feet long, still not bad. Customs was another few minutes, and almost before you knew it we were heading outside. The whole process was as quick and painless as it gets. Thanks Royal. There were a bunch of taxis outside and the taxi agent lined us up with one. Off we go! About 10minutes to Old San Juan.

Casablanca Hotel

We checked in. I guess that I was a little surprised to see lights on inside. What, electricity? The porter helped with the bags. Four floors of stairs

At the room, we received the big surprise as he informed us they are running on generator power and the AC is "kinda off and on". But the great salesmanship kicked in, when he said "luckily you guys have a balcony room - just open the doors". The room was beautifully decorated. Everything worked, including wifi, water, toilet (don't laugh), shower, and satellite TV. We went out to explore Old San Juan for the day. When we got back, the AC was on in the lobby, but not in our room. We slept with the balcony doors open. It was pretty muggy, but otherwise all was good.

Dan

AC Hotel just sent us an email canceling our reservation for 10/27.

Is this a Marriott hotel, I'm not sure what AC is.. sorry? Did they give you a reason for the cancellation? What are your plans going forward? I'm sorry you have to go through this so close to your upcoming trip. I"m so afraid we will face this same situation in Nov.

Love this idea! Really want to see someone who has stayed at the Best Western Plus - I have seen Trip Advisor reviews since Oct 1st and replies from the manager, but still want more confirmation.

once you receive confirmation can you let me know. I am sailing December 12 cruise and booked Best Western Plus also. Please let me know if they are open receiving guests? fletcherbf@yahoo.com

I am sailing on Dec 9. Booked at Coral Princess since last April...called to be sure today & was told it was cancelled. Hotels.com originally told me it was still confirmed but I should email to check. What? They found me a room (generator power only) at Holiday Inn Express down street from Coral and cheaper. Just needed a bed at that point! Just happy we got one!

Here is a copy of the email....

Dear Fredricka,

Due to the extensive damage caused by Hurricane Maria, we have no electricity in the hotel and have been told it could take months for it to come back. Due to this, we are only providing accommodations for FEMA, soldiers and federal employees. It is with great regret that we have to cancel all upcoming reservations until further notice.

It seems like your reservation was made through Expedia, so we advise you to contact them to cancel your reservation penalty free.

Thank you for your understanding and we hope to have you as our guests in the near future.

Warm regards,

Margarita Bermúdez

Front Desk Agent

Is this a Marriott hotel, I'm not sure what AC is.. sorry? Did they give you a reason for the cancellation? What are your plans going forward? I'm sorry you have to go through this so close to your upcoming trip. I"m so afraid we will face this same situation in Nov.

Yes, it's a Marriott hotel. I have a backup reservation at the Comfort Inn. If they cancel on us I'll try to book something on airbnb.