HMC buried Treasures!

Ziggy7

We will be at HMC on Nov 2 and hoping to participate! Is #11 the only one with treasure so far? We are platinum and have high hopes of picking a cabana in the 9-12 range.
So far we only know of #11, but word has it that some of the other ships may be burying treasures too! Also Princess & Holland America ships also visit this port, and maybe burying treasures and hiding rocks!

I am going to try and get the turquoise cabana (1-21-18) for personal reasons and so hope I am able to find a rock & treasure! I have collected rocks from everywhere I visit for many many years, but have never found a painted one! Also hoping our itinerary doesn't change due to hurricane damage to our ports!

Thanks! It looks like they are there, maybe a little off on location, someone else made this map, I will be sure to let him know! Thanks!

No worries! We always get Cabana 12, nice and quiet, but not too far from the restroom. :)

We take Ziploc or the disposable plastic containers with lids that lunch meat comes in, and then fill them at the buffet and take them back to the Cabana to eat :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

No worries! We always get Cabana 12, nice and quiet, but not too far from the restroom. :)

We take Ziploc or the disposable plastic containers with lids that lunch meat comes in, and then fill them at the buffet and take them back to the Cabana to eat :)

hahaha at first I thought you were going to say something else after Ziploc or the disposable plastic containers since we were talking about bathrooms hehehe. This is actually a really good idea! That way we can nibble on it all day and no flies!

Hi again! (I'm the same person that responds to your hammock question)

Yes' date=' as far as I know #11 is the only one so far. So glad you have decided to play along!

Also, if you're wondering, #11 was perfect for us. It's at the relatively quiet end of the beach, close to restrooms, and the deck was shaded by the surrounding trees well into the afternoon. Whichever cabana you choose, it's sure to be a wonderful day. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome! I'm going to ask for 11 :) We picked up a party pack of pirate eye patches, looking fwd to finding other treasure gifts in the next couple of weeks!

Awesome! I'm going to ask for 11 :) We picked up a party pack of pirate eye patches, looking fwd to finding other treasure gifts in the next couple of weeks!
YaY! If you don't get #11, please be sure to bury your eye patches at the cabana you get and come back here and tell us which number you got!!! :)

Great tip, thanks!!

YaY! If you don't get #11, please be sure to bury your eye patches at the cabana you get and come back here and tell us which number you got!!! :)

I definitely will! My friends are getting one of the 2 story cabanas, and they plan to play along also, so will let you know which one they get!

• 2 weeks later...
We have a large group coming along so we did reserve one of the large Beach Villas.... not the cabanas. Looking forward to it. Hoping we can get one further down the beach away from the crowds. Have several kids in the bunch so this will be fun for them. Now just hoping the island doesn't get to battered within the next few days by Irma. I'll make sure to post some pics if we find anything.
How was your cruise??? Were you able to get to HMC??? Or were you on the revised itinerary???

We will be at HMC on Nov 2 and hoping to participate! Is #11 the only one with treasure so far? We are platinum and have high hopes of picking a cabana in the 9-12 range.
You are there today hopefully and will come back and tell us how it was!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I buried my treasure at cabana #11 :D Looking at the cabana, it is on the left side of the stairs. I will post a couple of photos in the next couple of days of X marks the spot !! I hope someone finds it and posts here :D

I buried my treasure at cabana #11 :D Looking at the cabana, it is on the left side of the stairs. I will post a couple of photos in the next couple of days of X marks the spot !! I hope someone finds it and posts here :D

That’s great news! Thanks for playing along!

Did you happen to find another treasure at #11?

We buried one in what sounds like the same exact spot in August. At the time, it was right beneath some rocks that were each about the size of a dinner plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There were two rocks there but I didn't look under them. It was a little hard to dig. I didn't bring anything to dig with so I used

a fork and the sand kept falling back in the hole. I didn't remember which cabanas had treasure buried at them.

X marks the spot between the two rocks. It is not buried very deep. Good luck! Please come back and tell me if you find it !!

DSCF1775_zps85klaeuj.jpg

DSCF1776_zpskuj3fj0s.jpg

Edited by reno3

X marks the spot between the two rocks. It is not buried very deep. Good luck! Please come back and tell me if you find it !!

DSCF1775_zps85klaeuj.jpg

DSCF1776_zpskuj3fj0s.jpg

YaY! Thanks very much!!! I will try and find it hehehe, Did you have a nice time and nice weather???