New CocoCay Cabanas

cruisinfromtampa

Hello All,

We recently returned from the 10/13 Majesty OTS sailing. It was our first time visiting CocoCay, and we were able to snag a cabana for our visit. It is my understanding that they have been moved from their original location.

Their new location affords direct beach access, via a private beach, a private buffet, and a private bar. In addition to those who booked cabanas, suite guests were also allowed access to the buffet and bar.

I have added some pictures below. We were in Cabana #1, the last cabana in the back row. It was the perfect location for us. We were secluded and away from the noise. After lunch, we settled down for a nap until time to hear back to the ship. The experience was definitely worth every penny to us, and as we weren't extremely happy with the cruise overall, this saved the trip.

The whole area:

3686f1b8cd8542ef00ade634e0846294.jpg

Beach:

ffa14e6f57e1ed76673c27459b9514cf.jpgffa14e6f57e1ed76673c27459b9514cf.jpg

Our cabana:

eee2d9f87107857baef74607ae4c55c4.jpg

Our view:

0e5118622ef50349d9773123ab3fe8b1.jpg

Total relaxation.

9f1509d320bccc01cf5f973daf89a169.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were there last month, and the only fault I could see was the lack of bathrooms in the cabana area. The old cabanas had bathrooms inside the cabana area, with these you have to walk a bit to get to the bathrooms. When we talked with some of the officers about plans to build bathrooms there, they were unsure if the cabanas would stay there.

Looks heavenly!

What didn't you like about the cruise itself?

We weren't fans of the ship. Found it difficult to navigate. I know that would change if we sailed on her again, but elevators not going to every deck, and remembering which decks each visited, was frustrating. The room was ok...it was our first time in anything less than a balcony. We had a superior ocean view on deck 9, the last room aft on the port side. It was quiet, and we did have easy access to the elevators at that end.

The staff was less than stellar when compared to what we're used to on RC. We rarely saw our room attendant. He didn't do the evening service the first night. Trash wasn't emptied more than once. Our waiters were less than stellar. The food was ok...not as good as other ships, but not terrible.

The bar staff was absolutely horrible. No sense of who was next in line, no personality, measuring liquor and not filling the jigger up fully, slow service, etc.

We also weren't fans of the clientele. Too many crazy people drunk at all hours. Not really our speed.

A cruise is still a cruise, and it won't deter us, but we probably won't sail on Majesty again, unless the price is too good to pass up.

Those look nice but too pricey for me. I just checked my cruise planner and $353 is a lot for just two of us. Beach bungalow is $293, Beach bed $149 and Beach lounger $51.

Looks like a couple of chairs in the shade for us.:D

We snagged it for $192. They were running a cruise planner sale.

Thank you for the pictures of the cabana area! We have reserved two cabanas for our group on a November sailing. But I am now concerned about access to bathrooms. How far away were they?

They weren't exactly a long walk, but they weren't right next door. We only needed them once, and we didn't feel inconvenienced.

Thank you for the new cabana info cruisinfromtampa!! This is exactly what I've been waiting for. This has me looking forward to our June sailing even more now!

With regard to the pricing, I was kind of surprised to see how much variation there was in cabana prices. We booked one for $219. Then a few months later we booked a second one because there would be more people in our group sailing with us. The second one cost $294. Kind of a bummer but at least we got it. They are now sold out for our sailing.

Thank you for the new cabana info cruisinfromtampa!! This is exactly what I've been waiting for. This has me looking forward to our June sailing even more now!

With regard to the pricing' date=' I was kind of surprised to see how much variation there was in cabana prices. We booked one for $219. Then a few months later we booked a second one because there would be more people in our group sailing with us. The second one cost $294. Kind of a bummer but at least we got it. They are now sold out for our sailing.

Glad it was helpful!

Bummer about the price increase. I want to say the we're going for almost $400 by the week before our sailing.

Can I ask when and where you were able to select Cabana #1? Was it upon embarkation at the shore excursions desk or when you arrived at CocoCay?

There was an envelope in our room when we arrived with the shore excursion ticket and a note to stop by guest services to select a cabana. They asked us to be there by 7:00pm he first night. I missed it' date=' and didn't go down until the afternoon of Day 2. It was one of the last ones left, and originally I was disappointed we didn't get one in the front row. In the end, I would take our same cabana in a heartbeat. Being in the front was not needed, and being on the end afforded us a great view.

Off the side.

[img']https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171023/42adb697b53190d39e13e0143214b77a.jpg[/img]

There was an envelope in our room when we arrived with the shore excursion ticket and a note to stop by guest services to select a cabana. They asked us to be there by 7:00pm he first night. I missed it, and didn't go down until the afternoon of Day 2. It was one of the last ones left, and originally I was disappointed we didn't get one in the front row. In the end, I would take our same cabana in a heartbeat. Being in the front was not needed, and being on the end afforded us a great view.

Off the side.

42adb697b53190d39e13e0143214b77a.jpg

Ok great. Thank you for the info. Cabana #1 looks perfect.

Hello All,

We recently returned from the 10/13 Majesty OTS sailing. It was our first time visiting CocoCay, and we were able to snag a cabana for our visit. It is my understanding that they have been moved from their original location.

Their new location affords direct beach access, via a private beach, a private buffet, and a private bar. In addition to those who booked cabanas, suite guests were also allowed access to the buffet and bar.

I have added some pictures below. We were in Cabana #1, the last cabana in the back row. It was the perfect location for us. We were secluded and away from the noise. After lunch, we settled down for a nap until time to hear back to the ship. The experience was definitely worth every penny to us, and as we weren't extremely happy with the cruise overall, this saved the trip.

Thanks for the great pictures! :D

Ok great. Thank you for the info. Cabana #1 looks perfect.

It was for us! If we ever go back' date=' it's the one we'll request.

Since you have two, I'd suggest #1 if you can get it, and then either the one next to it (#2?) or the one in front. Depends on if you want to be next to each other, or having both ends will give you a great view, lots of quiet, beach access, and seclusion.

• 3 weeks later...