Need info on a hotel

dep

The most important thing about this hotel for a tourist is that it is relatively difficult to get to. It has the ferry across the river to Canary Riverside, from which you can either change to another ferry to get upriver or downriver, or walk to Westferry DLR (under 10 minutes walk) to get into the DLR and Tube system, or walk to the main part of Canary Wharf to get the Tube (Jubilee Line). Alternatively, you can do the slightly complicated walk from the hotel to Canada Water for the Tube or the London Overground, or take a bus.

It does have fabulous views of Canary Wharf, though, particularly on a sunny evening.

It's a very nice hotel with excellent pricing. Yes it is out of the centre of town but the Clipper service (reached by the hotel's private river boat) is pretty good. Westminster and Tower are easily accessible. Canary Wharf has an excellent selection of shops and restaurants. There is a nice walk along the river to Limehouse where there is an excellent pub - The Grapes - and further into Shadwell basin and Wapping to visit even more old pubs if you are feeling particularly energetic. It's a part of London that tourists mostly miss as its a bit further out.

Why were our previous posts deleted - was it purely the fact it was a double post?

... (reached by the hotel's private river boat) ...
I didn't see a duplicate thread, so it sounds like it was gone before I saw this one at all. The OP did post the same question in the first-timer thread as well.

For clarity, the ferry across the river to Canary Riverside is operated by Thames Clippers as part of its timetabled service (it's the RB4). The frequency is generally every 15 minutes, but every 10 minutes during the peaks. The main Thames Clippers ferry generally runs from Canary Riverside once every 20 minutes (or every 30 minutes at weekends). If you don't mind the waiting time, then these can be pleasant journeys - but cumulatively they will eat into sightseeing time if the real destination is central London sights.

While I'm thinking about the ferries, it's worth noting that these can be paid for using pre-paid Oysters or contactless bank cards. However, they are not integrated into the TfL zonal fare system, so the TfL daily and weekly caps do not apply. In addition, Thames Clippers fares do not themselves cap, either - if you're going to use the ferries a lot on any one day, then I think that you have to make a decision in advance as to whether to buy a River Roamer.

• 2 months later...
Free for hotel guests but their validations seems limited (I’ve been using it to get there to check in and just flashed the Hilton app!)
A friend who we met there a few weeks back said showing their room key was enough.

Sadly, it sounds like promising to buy a drink in the bar isn't ... ;)