Private Prearranged Transfer From Heathrow to Tower Bridge

We will be sailing on Silversea On Aug 1, 2018. We are interested in a private prearranged transfer from Terminal 3 at Heathrow Airport to the pier at Tower Bridge in London where the Silver Wind will be docked.

I know you can take the tube but we are in our 70's and will have lots of luggage since SS still has Formal nights. I also know that cabs, etc are pricey in London.

Can anyone recommend a reputable company? Also has anyone had experience with using Uber for such transport?

We just returned from a British Isles cruise, and used Blackberry Cars for our trip from LHR to our rental flat in downtown London. Very easy to get a quote and book on their website and I elected to prepay, no hidden charges but we gave our driver a cash tip. Very responsive company, I even got a text from them while standing in line at customs and immigration. I would highly recommend. I’m of the same mind as you, we are 60’s and 70’s and no longer wish to do public transportation while schlepping our luggage!

We used Uber for short trips while in London but did not use at Heathrow, preferred to line up something in advance. Driver was waiting for us inside terminal after baggage claim with a sign.

Whatever you elect to do, do not use a taxi or black cab as they are called. London has a lot of traffic and you will pay for waiting time in a taxi, whereas private companies quote a firm price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Thanks so much sunset beach gal! I really like your advice. Always good coming from a fellow North Carolinian!

Will check out Blackberry Cabs.

Sorry about the double posts. I posted and then something came up and said there was a problem so I should try again later. So I went back in and edited my post and tried again. It went that time but obviously went before too! I tried to cancel one but it would not let me do that either.