Rotterdam 11 days in the Med trip review w/photos

Lisah101

• 4 months later...

Hi Lisah101

I am really trying together info on HA bathroom.Did you have any problem with it.It looks like the toilet is in the shower stall .Were you able to stand and take a normal shower.Was there an issue with standing water.We will be going on the Zuiderdam next Feb.DH cannot get in a tub.Enjoying your review.Thank You

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lisah, your photos were fantastic. Please, go on another trip and do another review. Thanks.

We just did another cruise and I'm getting ready to do the trip report today but it was Celebrity (wanted to try all cruise lies to compare).

HAL is definitely my favorite!

Hi Lisah101

I am really trying together info on HA bathroom.Did you have any problem with it.It looks like the toilet is in the shower stall .Were you able to stand and take a normal shower.Was there an issue with standing water.We will be going on the Zuiderdam next Feb.DH cannot get in a tub.Enjoying your review.Thank You

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The toilet was separate, but the shower did have a fold down seat. THe entire bathroom was a "wet room", more like European bathrooms. We did not have any trouble with standing water. THere was a large drain about 2 inches wide that ran from one end of the shower to the other, and another one that ran across the door threshold so it drained very well! It reminded me of the floor grates in commercial kitchens. I loved the handicap bathroom, it was so large and I will always offer to take those cabins if they are not needed!

Lisa, thank you for your wonderful photos and review. We are cruising the Mediterranean on the Zuiderdam in 2015 and I am now even more excited.

Loved your purses. Did you buy them from the leather merchant?

The purses are a funny story..... when we were in Florence I wanted to buy purses but DH wanted to explore first. We walked away from the Duomo to get out of the touristy areas to find a quick snack and of course got lost. The streets are not straight and not connected as you would think. We barely made it back to our tour group in time to leave.

I bought the purses the 3 days we stayed in Rome after the cruise. They were all purchased from independent leather merchants in the Trastevere neighborhood. I spend a lot of time looking first to see which ones were mass produced for tourists and am glad I did. This aren't famous labels, but just seem to be nice leather. The middle sized one is commercial, but I just liked the look.

Edited by Lisah101

Thank you so much for your review and your pictures. I see you follow my pattern -- when in doubt, post food:) Your husband's Italian haircut reminded me of the (expensive) one my DH got in Copenhagen. No language barrier there, but I've always wanted the nerve to get my hair cut in Paris.

Thank you so much for your review and your pictures. I see you follow my pattern -- when in doubt, post food:) Your husband's Italian haircut reminded me of the (expensive) one my DH got in Copenhagen. No language barrier there, but I've always wanted the nerve to get my hair cut in Paris.

I know, I often think I have more pictures of food than of the sites or the ship!

• 1 month later...