What have you ever forgotten?

Copper_beeches

• 2 weeks later...

On a past cruise sitting on plane about to leave home for Ft Lauderdale and realized that I forgot 2 suitcases at home - one of which had all the formal stuff and most of my wife's clothes. Thank god it was a Friday and we lived about a mile from the Fed Ex depot. Our son overnighted the luggage and we got it in time to board on Sat! My wife didn't even get upset - she just said she would have to do more shopping if we didn't get the luggage!:)

On my 1st cruise I forgot my strapless bra which was crucial because many of my dresses were strapless. I was horrified because my size is not the easiest to find in the best of situations. However, me and my bestie made it our mission to find one on our 1st stop in Puerto Rico. It was an adventure to say the least, but we finally found one that was like 2 sizes too small but better than nothing. When we look at the pictures from that cruise we just crack up!:p Needless to say, I keep a strapless in every suitcase now. lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well this wasn't on a cruise but..... family of 6 and the uber prepared mom I am had everything packed loaded into the car for post christmas trip to visit family and ski. Baby boucer. Bottles, diapers, ski clothes pretty much the kitchen sink and the plumbing to go with it! After 15 hours, while unloading realize I had left MY SUITCASE. ...at home. Did I mention the baby was 3 weeks old?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

I typed up and printed out a very comprehensive packing list for myself and my boyfriend, split up into categories—check the box next to each item as you pack it, then check the box next to the category heading after you have double-checked that every item in that category was packed. I was quite proud of myself, for I had made something completely idiot-proof.

Anyway, bf forgot his pants.

He had his khaki shorts and jeans, but he somehow forgot to pack his dress pants for formal nights. We went to the customer service desk and asked if they had any loaner pants...turns out we were in luck! Sort of. My boyfriend is a skinny guy, and these borrowed pants were clearly made for a rotund gentleman—they could have fit two of him easily. He had to fold the waistband over and safety pin it, but the legs and...well, every part were cartoonishly baggy. Not gonna lie, it was a sight for sore eyes. I feel like at that point just wearing jeans would have looked better.

Thankfully we were tucked away in the corner of the dining room, and no one could tell once he was sitting down anyway. At least when he got full there was no need to let loose a couple notches on his belt :P

Well this wasn't on a cruise but..... family of 6 and the uber prepared mom I am had everything packed loaded into the car for post christmas trip to visit family and ski. Baby boucer. Bottles, diapers, ski clothes pretty much the kitchen sink and the plumbing to go with it! After 15 hours, while unloading realize I had left MY SUITCASE. ...at home. Did I mention the baby was 3 weeks old?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

I don't understand why people each have a case. We always split clothes across all the cases that way if one goes missing we all (4 of us) have 3/4 of our clothes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

I don't understand why people each have a case. We always split clothes across all the cases that way if one goes missing we all (4 of us) have 3/4 of our clothes.

I want 100% of my stuff to come with me. I can trust myself to ensure that 100% of my stuff is packed. My boyfriend, although I love him dearly, is less thorough, so he is responsible for his stuff and his suitcase only.

I want 100% of my stuff to come with me. I can trust myself to ensure that 100% of my stuff is packed. My boyfriend, although I love him dearly, is less thorough, so he is responsible for his stuff and his suitcase only.

Everyone is responsible for getting their stuff together but I pack everything so that I can check whether teenager have enough underwear etc. Takes no time to sort things into 4 piles. If you have ever had a case arrive late (3 days on a business when I was travelling alone) or had half the contents stolen you would appreciate the advantage of splitting.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

True, but a key difference is that this is my boyfriend and not my son. Packing his suitcase for him is not something I feel is my responsibility. Plus, since he's prone to forgetting things he needs to learn to be self-reliant when packing. Gotta push the baby bird out of the nest, right?

When my wife and I went to Bermuda, I conveniently "forgot" to pack a bunch of jackets, slacks and shirts....I had to go buy a bunch of new clothes in port....a plan never worked so well!

I forgot my water shoes and had to buy new ones at the Ron Jon surf shop in Port Canaveral. It wasn't deliberate, but ended up being a very happy accident since they were waaay better than my old ones.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think I have ever forgotten anything of consequence going on vacation. I tend to over pack. I did forget on the last night of one cruise to leave out a pair of socks before turning in our luggage. No way I was traveling all day back home in sneakers w/o socks. Hunted down a pair in the gift shop that night before they closed. Most $$ I have ever paid for socks,,but every time I wear them and see the little Mickey's I remember a great trip!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We ALWAYS split our clothes across luggage (family of four). Last year we went on a two week Disney holiday then Freedom of the seas for 1 week Western Caribbean from Port Canaveral. Took our hire car from disney to port, parked it up then waited for the shuttle bus to take us to ship. Got on bus, got to embarkation and DD (16) looked horrified and said she had left her phone and purse in the back of the hire car, in the seat pocket.

A very very kind shuttle bus driver took us back to the car drop off, a very very kind employee took us to the car as it hadn't yet been valeted and there was her stuff.

We got another shuttle bus back to the ship and the holiday started, we felt very fortunate.

What have I forgotten? A few years ago when I was still working, we decided to take the New Zealand- Australia cruise on Celebrity. I packed my stuff after several days of work and I thought I didn’t forget anything since we have taken some 15 cruises already by that time. When we finally got to the ship, I discovered I forgot my underwear. I had to borrow my husband’s underwear for a few days until we got to the next port which happened to have only one department store. Fortunately, they had my size. From that time on, I pack my underwear first. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...