***Live from the Legend Athens-Mumbai***

Seabourntraveller

We boarded today the Legend in Athens and there were no line ups what so ever. Boarding actually started at 1:00pm instead of the announced and published 2:00pm time in Seabourn's literature. We arrived at the port of Pireaus just around 2:00pm and were the only ones in the terminal. We were graciously greated and checked-in very quickly and ushured onboard in no time.

The weather here in Athens today was 17C or 64F and sunny. We took everyones advice and ordered a quick meal from Room Service. Carlos the Room Service attendant from Peru told us over the phone it would all be delivered in 20 minutes time or "it was free"!..LOL Sure enough the little bugger did show up right on-time within the 20 minutes with all items ordered and hot as well.

One dissappointment was that Seabourn had taken the decision on Dec 1st to cancel the port of Port Said, Egypt and no one advised us from shoreside or from our TA as we had booked an independant tour to go into Cairo although we have been to Cairo countless times. Instead on Sunday Dec 4th, we will be calling onto the island of Rhodes from 8:00am until 5:00pm.

The crew onboard is extremely friendly and our cabin stweard Carine from South Africa insists on calling us by our last names even though we will be with her for well over a month...she said she would ask her supervisor to call us by our first names as we requested.:)

Jan is the Cruise Director from Las Vegas and the Band onboard is Seabreeze. Captain Andrew Pedder is in command if anyone knows him from previous cruises.

I have to say I am very impressed by the upkeep of the ships common areas and the cleanliness as well thru out the ship. Tonight we will be going to Restaurant 2 "Surf and Turf" theme night to try something more casual after travelling to get to Athens yesterday. The ships internet speed is fast for shipboard standards. The ship from Athens to Dubai portion is only a little more than half full which will make this sailing even more intimate in getting to know fellow passengers.

Tomorrow we are calling on Agios Nikolaos from 10:00am-6:00pm and they are calling for very calm and smooth seas and the same weather as we had today in Athens.

Movie night tonight for us with popcorn and they are showing the movie "Monte Carlo".

Will report more as the evening progresses here onboard our home away from home on the Legend!

I'm so glad that you are having a wonderful time on Legend. She is a favorite of mine!

Host Dan

Thanks Dan!

We really like the "little sister" albeit small but enjoy the attentive staff and people that truly care about giving great service. As a side note what a deal to get unlimited internet for 32 days at the $399.00 rate since we booked this cruise as 1 voyage and not two seperate voyages.

I am anxious to try Restaurant 2 on the first night and I hope we will be able to go more than once or twice. Does anyone know if there is a set limit of visits one can visit Restaurant 2?

We are on deck 6 forward cabin #303 and got upgraded to a CAT A3 and we do not feel the ship moving at all....almost like being in my living room....LOL...with a little more luxury and service!

Thank you ever so much for sharing your voyage with us! So looking forward to following all your adventures on the Legend cruise ~

Please ask Captain Pedder to play his guitar some evening up in the Observation Lounge. He's a classical guitarist ~played for a dinner party I hosted last March TA. We certainly enjoyed his music. He's most personable and fun ~around and about the ship!

Grrreat Jan ~please tell her The "Texas Cowgirl" sends big hugs to her. Hope her sweet husband, Dan is aboard also.

Again, thank you for posting:D

Martita B.

Thank you ever so much for sharing your voyage with us! So looking forward to following all your adventures on the Legend cruise ~

Please ask Captain Pedder to play his guitar some evening up in the Observation Lounge. He's a classical guitarist ~played for a dinner party I hosted last March TA. We certainly enjoyed his music. He's most personable and fun ~around and about the ship!

Grrreat Jan ~please tell her The "Texas Cowgirl" sends big hugs to her. Hope her sweet husband, Dan is aboard also.

Again, thank you for posting:D

Martita B.

Will be on the lookout for a "guitar playing Captain" and will give Jan bigs hugs from you all in Texas!

Hmmmm deciding wether to race down to the library and stock up on some DVD's or wait until the morning? Is there is usually a big rush on taking out movies on Embarkation Day?

With a ship just a little more than half full it actually feels like a private yatch!

Capt. Pedder might need a little nudging ~but I really think he enjoys playing for his Guests ~perhaps for a small pre-dinner cocktail group. I think he is a professional guitarist.

Yes, the Legend is your very own beautiful Castle Yacht that floats.:p Sailing a'long with wonderful Staff, Crew and Guests.

Have a continued fun sailing adventure.

Martita B

Hello Seabourntraveller,

What a treat to have Jan as your CD, we sailed with her on the Sojourn World Cruise this year and found her to be one of the best CD's we have ever had.

Not sailed on the "Little Sisters" only her Larger Sisters, all three of them infact.

Please enjoy your cruise and thanks for the postings, please keep them coming.

Rex

Hello Seabourntraveller,

What a treat to have Jan as your CD, we sailed with her on the Sojourn World Cruise this year and found her to be one of the best CD's we have ever had.

Not sailed on the "Little Sisters" only her Larger Sisters, all three of them infact.

Please enjoy your cruise and thanks for the postings, please keep them coming.

Rex

For us it's the opposite we have never been on the Big Sisters and only on the little sisters!:)

We just came back from Restaurant 2 and it was half full. The food was amazing or maybe we were starving who knows?? Had the Shrimp Cocktail, followed by a Ceasar Salad and then the 8 ounce Filet Mignon with Lobster Tail, Sliced Potato Spears and Green Beens with a wonderful bernaise sauce on the side. To top it all off had the Blueberry Cheesecake and a Long Black Coffee....boy so stuffed that we couldn't even roll ourselves in the Lounge for tonights movie. Plan B then kicked in and went to the Library to rent "The Devil Wears Prada" and will watch in our Suite and stay in tonight.

The seas are extremely calm and a clear night whereby it's a little crisp outside with a light breeze. The ship tonight is mostly a ghost town as I suspect a lot of people are tired from long flights arriving today or the day prior.

Tomorrow monring we will try the Verandah Cafe for breakfast and if weather permits sit outside. The forecast is looking to be a really nice day in Agios Nikolaos.

On another note, a lot of people are malcontent with the cancellation of Port Said, Egypt and a moaning and groaning seems to be the mood of the evening.:rolleyes:

More to come before I pass out for the night hopefully.

Good Morning from the Seabourn Legend. We are about to arrive in Agios Nikolaos in 2 hours time. The seas are calm and slilght winds accross the bow of the ship. No movement last night, then again after all that we drank last I wouldn't of felt much anyway!

This morning the ship is very quiet as I suspect a lot of people are still sleeping in after flying long distances. I am about to go to the Verandah Cafe for a full breakfast and some coffeee.

One thing that I noticed is that there is virtually no noise between cabins and in our case we do have people next door to us. I don't believe the walls are sound proof but they seem to be quite good and better than on some other cruiselines.

We will be getting off the ship to explore this new port. We have been to Greece countless times but and in Crete as well but never in this port.

More to come later today...stay tuned!;)

Just came back from the Verandah Cafe and have to say the selection of fresh fruits such as papaya, mango, fresh sliced pineapple, kiwi and figs not to mention the museli and fresh yogurt and fruit compotes.

Long black coffee and an egg white omlette were served to perfection. We mostly saw people using the Verandah Cafe for an imformal and quick bite before going ashore.

It's 10:30am local time here in Crete and most shops are closed. The ship's pier is docked right in the city whereby most shops, cafes and restaurants are within a short walking distance.

Today in the Verandah Cafe for lunch they are serving an early lunch from 11:30am-2:00pm Seafood Lunch or you may choose the Restaurant from 12:00 noon to 1:30pm. We will be going to the Verandah Cafe most likely and sitting outside as it is a gorgeous sunny and warm day here in Crete.

Capt. Pedder might need a little nudging ~but I really think he enjoys playing for his Guests ~perhaps for a small pre-dinner cocktail group. I think he is a professional guitarist.

Yes, the Legend is your very own beautiful Castle Yacht that floats.:p Sailing a'long with wonderful Staff, Crew and Guests.

Have a continued fun sailing adventure.

Martita B

Will try and coax him at some point Matita B....:)

Have to agree that the Legend is our "Floating Castle Yacht"...the crew is fabulous and Carine our cabin stewardess is fantastic!

Just came back from the Verandah Cafe from our Seafood Luncheon and the food was superb...fresh seafood salads, a variety of other salads, cheeses, lobster cocktail and jumbo shrimps and a homemade paella with seafood, shrrimp, lobster, mussels and scallops.

Free flowing wine at lunch was nice as well but we passed on the "fine wines" for this time around. They were serving a zinfendel and other table wines. Still people onboard are moaning and groaning about missing Port Said....seems to be the topic of the day eyt again onboard the Legend.

Going back ashore now for a long walk to burn off the chocolate tart with cereme fresh that I had.:D

once or twice? Also, I hear it requires 48 hours notice. How do you go there on the first or second night? I am glad you are having a great time.

Caroldoll....we simply called the Pursers Desk to make reservation once we boarded yesterday since it was published in the Herald that Restaurant 2 was open for dinner from 7pm to 9:30pm on Embarkation day. It seems because the ship is only half full they really are being accomodating about going going more than twice since the Restaurant 2 is NEVER full. Tonight we plan on doing an En-Suite Dining. "Asiate" is the theme menu in Restaurant 2.

First Course:

Sashimi of Seared Hamachi

Parma Ham with Asparagus

Pan Sauteed Crab Cakes

Caramelized Onion Consomme

Roasted ****ake Mushorrom Soup

Tossed Red Oak Lettuce Salad

Braised & Raw Endives

Main Course:

Pan Sauteed Orange Roughy olive oil laced fingerling potatoes

Butter Poached Jumbo Prawns, squash and mascarpone risotto cake, arugula, saffron vanilla beurre blanc

Truffle Roasted Crispy Chicken, truffle twice baked potato, wilted escarol, bacon bits

Roasted Venison Loin, mashed butternut squash and foie gras jus

Vegetarian-Soy Glazed ****akes & Gingered Greens, crunchy vidalia onions and onion soubise

Can just imagine what's for dessert!

I'm laughing at all those xxxxake mushrooms! Enjoy your cruise. As you go along I certainly would appreciate it if you mention the staff you come across. When you run into Joel in Restaurant 2 tell him that Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt said bonjour.

Jose the waiter in Restaurant 2 is amazing as well as Eddie the Assistant Maitre'd and also Michael. Wait staff in the Verandah Samira and Claudia are also excellent. A lot of South African staff currently onboard the Legend...almost like a "little mafia"....LOL

Will pass along the message Mr. Cruise and Mr. Pitt to Joel!;)

Stop posting those menus. You're making me hungry! LOL

Actually, I will be on the Legend in March and April. Unfortunately, I believe Jan will be off by then. She is fabulous---one of the few top CDs still left; a consummate professional. If you get a chance before you get off, can you find out who will be next? Keeping fingers crossed for David E Greene.

Enjoying your posts. Keep them coming.

A lot of South African staff currently onboard the Legend...almost like a "little mafia"....LOL

Will pass along the message Mr. Cruise and Mr. Pitt to Joel!;)

Many thanks in advance for passing on the message.

Claudia is very sweet and Bromley and Justin (in the main Restaurant) add to the S.A. brigade. We miss them all!

Thank you so much for your wonderful live feed!! I am just 4 weeks off of the Legend and still suffering from the post vacation blues. The yogurt parfaits were one of my favorite memories from the cruise. Is Boro still working breakfast at the Cafe? He is always "Fan-tas-teek". I loved his daily greeting. I have a copy of the Surf and Turf menu actually sitting on my desk here and am envious as can be! Enjoy, and thanks for the posts!

i-GSCDTgD-S.jpg

My favorite breakfast! You can't get yogurt like this in San Diego!!

Archived