Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

Hi Folks!

The "other" thread became a bit dated, and I thought its time to bring the "off topic" thread up-to-date... ;)

Remember, this is a thread for "fun" posts only, and member to member communication.. Only "positive" comments allowed! :D

Have fun!

Host Dan

Has anyone heard from Martita? It's been well over a month since she posted.... I'm getting very concerned! :(

Hi Matt!

I know Martha would go to Norway to celebrate Toenis T.'s birthday!

So don't worry, she is in good hands!

Marja

Thanks everyone! I hope she's have a nice time, I hope to visit Norway one day however no captain has invited me yet! :D

I spent some lovely winter nights...'er, hum...I mean days in a little town on a little fjord in Norway with a constant grey, cold, drizzle. I was even blessed with food poisoning from my final meal there. Wanna go with me???:confused: :D

Sorry to change the topic, but I need a little assistance.

I need to contact the Boutique on the Legend about a watch I purchased. The Legend is in Monte Carlo for the week. The receipt for the watch has an e-mail contact but I can't make it out...........something like Customer-Service @_aen____.com

Can anyone help? Thanks Jack

Sailor's,

I was indeed in the Southern part of Norway celebrating Captain T.T. Sorensen's birthday ~~also attending Norway's big May 17th 3 day party! Those Norge Vikings know how to celebrate!!!:D (almost killed 1 Texas Cowgirl~~but didn't) We surely made many wonderful memories. I'm now R&Ring in West Texas. Toenis, back aboard the Spirit. Pride in Amsterdam today.....wish I had remained in Amsterdam an extra 2 days and boarded ~~I could have surprised Queen A. during her lunch!

While in Oslo (21st) I did visit by phone with Pam ~~She was holding a Senior Officers Conference in Genoa for a few days ~~viewing/checking out the Odyssey. I know they all enjoyed seeing the beautiful new vessel.

Have a great weekend!:p

Martita B.

Seabourn Scalawag

Paul,

Yes, we all had a marvelous birthday party and Norway's May 17th

celebration! The weather had been warm and beautiful but on Friday, the 16th it turned bitter cold ~~was snowing in Oslo! The wind blew a gale and cold ice/rain! Coldest in 50 yrs. on May 17th. I was totally unprepared! Finally borrowed a black "hotel blanket" and made a long billowy cape~~I

probably looked like a freezin' Zorro! But, a marvelous time was had by all ~~Captain Toenis even rented a "vooden" yacht on Sun. afternoon, for us to cruise the river ~~gorgeous scenery. Folks were soooo very hospitable to me. If you've not been to beautiful Norway, do make plans to go ~~~(take lots of money:confused: )

Thank you for your "welcome back" note!:p Hope to sail with you soon!

Martita B.

Martha,

Anywhere in Europe you need to take "lots of money".:(

Mrs. Jack and I took a crew member to lunch in Marsailles last week and the bill came to 240 euros.:eek:

13 euros for a cup of cappaccino (sp?).:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

We actually found Monte Carlo a little less expensive.

Jack

Jack,

WOW!:eek: I know the Crew member appreciated your thoughtfulness.

I enjoy giving a "love envelope" to my Stewardess for her lunch ashore....usually enough for her to invite her roomie or boyfriend.

I have friends that just returned from Paris and they ordered Martini's in their hotel lobbybar ~~ a mere $22 per drink!:confused:

While JB and I invited our Lisboa driver, Miguel, to lunch at the Albatroz Hotel in Cascias our lunch (with wine) was outrageous! And we sat out on the patio ~~not even in their formal restaurant!

I found Norway terribly expensive! But, of course, worth every cent.:D

Have a happy and safe Memorial day!

Martita B.

Sailor's,

While in Oslo (21st) I did visit by phone with Pam ~~She was holding a Senior Officers Conference in Genoa for a few days ~~viewing/checking out the Odyssey. Martita B.

Seabourn Scalawag

Glad to know that Martita B. is back now and fully accountable for her time. Did Pam give you any insights on what the levels of booking are doing for the Odyssey and the other three Seabourn ships for the next year or two? Given the economy, fuel costs, airlines hassles, etc., has Seabourn started to see much actual impact? Will Seabourn be getting more aggressive in any "specials" to help improve their bookings, etc.?

OSLO? We will be there July 26 (in just two months) for our first cruise in the Baltics. Any special tips or suggestions for this Norway capital (other than avoiding the snow)? What did you love most in Oslo (other than the company with the Captain)? Sorry to hear the land prices in Europe are really biting so hard in the wallets. Any other words of wisdom for the Baltics? THANKS! Terry in Ohio

Terry,

Is your cruise July 24th-Aug. 2nd? Copenhagen-Copenhagen on the Pride? This is the marvelous Norwegian voyage that I almost booked. As I only flew in and out of Oslo I can not give you any helpful hints. I took the train from city centre down to the Southern part of Norway ~~scenery was spectacular! Then returned on the "speed bus" to the Oslo Raddison Hotel for my flight to Amsterdam. Colorful flowers were breathtaking all over Norway. And I loved the bright colors of their homes. Oh, by the way, on Krooozcams there is a great webcam that shows the pier where the Pride docks in Oslo.....before you leave tell your family/friends to "see you" in Oslo! Fun:D

Pam and I really haven't discussed the booking levels as to the Odyssey or the Sisters. I have a feeling in 2009, first year of the Odyssey, many will opt to try "her"......and the small Yachts will offer good/reasonable rates. (my opinion) I've found the last couple of years if I don't book the voyage I want very early, I can not

"get on!":cool:

MB

I have been asking around since it was brought to my attention, that Seabourn has stopped using Barbados as a base port and is using Ft Lauderdale more, along with a bit of St Thomas and St Martin. Any speculation as to why? For me on the East Coast, it's a lot easier for me to get to FLL, however.

I have been asking around since it was brought to my attention, that Seabourn has stopped using Barbados as a base port and is using Ft Lauderdale more, along with a bit of St Thomas and St Martin. Any speculation as to why? For me on the East Coast, it's a lot easier for me to get to FLL, however.

Probably so US cruisers can avoid customs/immigration/passport hassle. I do`nt blame them. Flying sucks. I wonder why ???

I don't know about SB..but we stopped taking trips to or from Barbados..as it was not easy flight wise. I would suspicion that others found this to be true as well. Lola

Hello, Lola, I hope you and Don are well.:)

It's easy for us Brits to fly to Barbados though and we will certainly miss the Seabourn Caribbean cruises out of Barbados, having done one on Seabourn in December every year for the past 3 years.

Sue

For me, in Philly, I have said that the easiest way for me to get to Barbados is to fly to London and then take a direct flight back to BGI. But that seemed like overkill. Too bad that Seabourn can't use the Tampa port, that's really nice and convenient, with low traffic.

Hello, Lola, I hope you and Don are well.:)

It's easy for us Brits to fly to Barbados though and we will certainly miss the Seabourn Caribbean cruises out of Barbados, having done one on Seabourn in December every year for the past 3 years.

Sue

Hi Sue..we are enjoying the sunshine..and trying to sell our home... a busy time for us...the real-estate mkt in the US is in poor condition right now. And how are the Bunnies faring? Hope you are enjoying your travels. I liked Jane's answer..that the easiest way to Barbados from Philly is through London. :eek: I can see where that would be lovely for you. Lola

Terry,

Is your cruise July 24th-Aug. 2nd? Copenhagen-Copenhagen on the Pride?

Pam and I really haven't discussed the booking levels as to the Odyssey or the Sisters. I have a feeling in 2009, first year of the Odyssey, many will opt to try "her"......and the small Yachts will offer good/reasonable rates. (my opinion) I've found the last couple of years if I don't book the voyage I want very early, I can not

"get on!":cool:

MB

THANKS, Johnny, for the Oslo tips and suggestions!

Sorry, Martita B., we're not doing Seabourn on this trip. We loved our 2006 first cruise in the Greek Isles/Turkish Coast and Seabourn was totally wonderful. BUT, as we looked at costs and other factors/options, doing Crystal for this Baltics adventure worked out better for us. PLUS, we wanted to try a little larger ship, but still have the top service and quality. From all feed-back, both Seabourn and Crystal are excellent. Terry in Ohio