Roll Call: Legend 11/11 Crossing from Lisbon to FLL

JaneBP

Happy New Year, Jane!

I've got a deposit down...hopefully I'll be boarding in Lisbon for my first E>W crossing!

(The price of two r/t airfares for the April & Nov. crossings makes it hard to turn down!)

We shall see....:eek::D

Paul ;)

Hi Jane and all other transatlantic 11/11 cruisers.We are almost certainly coming on this voyage. We have paid our deposit and are looking forward to meeting fellow c/c members on Legend in Lisbon in November. This will be our first T/A so we will be newbies amongst you veteran T/Acrossers.Although it is a long way ahead we are both exited about the crossing having read so many informative reviews on both Pride and Legend previos voyages. We just hope that the weather will be kind to us .Cheers for now

Best Regards

Woldsman.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I got a call from my TA that this cruise will be a Virtuoso Voyager Club sailing. All sorts of goodies. Choice of shore events, on board credit or credit toward pre or post packages. However nothing about improving the stock market.

Lefty Bob

That's good news. One thing about the Virtuoso excursions, the meals are divine. Worth going just for that. If there is a lot of walking, I just catch a taxi to the luncheon venue if it's not too far and take the bus back.

I also got great news that my dear friends are joining the cruise from Rome to FLL as well. But they don't do Trivia but do play cards. That will take up most of my day, allowing time for my laziness.

Any curry fans? Will have to do a luncheon, they are the best!

Dee, I am not sure but if you have taken a cruise that you booked through a Travel Agent who is a member of the Virtuoso association - then you are a member of the club. I may be incorrect and would welcome anybody that knows for sure.

Lefty Bob

Jane, my wife is a big bridge and trivia player. Tell your friends that they can do both. LB

They don't play bridge, but another game called 'Hand and Foot. It's easy, fun, and one can chatter away while playing cards. Am looking forward to a CC Trivia Team.

Dee, Bob is right, that you need to have booked your cruise with a Virtuoso agent, then you are eligible for the on board activities which usually include a cocktail party and a special onshore event. Not all cruises have these Virtuoso events however.

Lefty Bob and Jane - thanks for explaining about Virtuoso Voyager Club sailings.

Bahama Boy - will be great to sail with you again and I'm sure you will enjoy Seabourn. It will be interesting to see how you think Seabourn compares to Crystal!

Woldsman and curiousx - good to have you on board! This will be only our second TA on Seabourn. We had a wonderful crossing the first time and I expect this trip to be just as much fun.

Cheers!

Dee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for rectifying the roll call site for me. We did a QM2 T/A from NY to England a couple of years ago - but this will be our 1st east to west on a "small" ship. We did the Legend Iberian Odessey last May so this will be our second visit to Lisbon - a GREAT city. We will be doing 4 days in Paris (wife's birthday) - then fly to Lisbon a couple of days prior to embarkation. Can hardly wait for our daily serving of caviar and champagne in the Sky Bar. :D

• 1 month later...

Thought I would bump this up and mention that I have dropped the crossing in favor of the Odyssey in the Carribbean in December. I planned the crossing when I was very sick and figured all I had to do was get to Trivia. Thankfully, I am in remission and have decided that I will do the Rome to Lisbon cruise and then stay in Portugal a bit and then visit where I used to live in Germany.

This is TMI, for sure. I shall miss the Tug of War and all those sunny days, but the price and allure of the Odyssey seemed to call like the Loreli.

Archived