South Padre Island New Port of Call?

Wanderlust18

Here's the latest news on South Padre Island becoming a new Port of Call 😕

What do you all think?

How many of you would be happy to have South Padre Island as a new port of call?

http://m.valleymorningstar.com/news/local_news/future-port-of-call-project-to-attract-cruise-ship-to/article_915bb34e-f5c3-11e7-bf49-7b0f8556c249.html?mode=jqm

Why not if there are nice things to do and see in port on a short stay. More ports of call choices, the better for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good to know you'd be happy! 😊Hopefully, it helps bring more things to SPI and build it back to how it was a handful a years ago. The "Closed" and "For Sale" signs everywhere are depressing!

I can’t see Padre becoming a port of call. I especially can’t imagine such a small economy generating the necessary revenue to build a port facility. The closest airport is Harlingen and those flights have always been expensive. We love the beach there and the fishing is excellent but I can’t see 3000 passengers ascending on the place. For my part, I would absolutely go there as a port of call if for no other reason than it’s an 8 or 9 hour drive to that amazing fishing.

My feelings exactly!

Who do you fish with? My father was one of the original fishing guides on SPI and a lot of my family are captains. The fishing is great!

I can’t see Padre becoming a port of call. I especially can’t imagine such a small economy generating the necessary revenue to build a port facility. The closest airport is Harlingen and those flights have always been expensive. We love the beach there and the fishing is excellent but I can’t see 3000 passengers ascending on the place. For my part, I would absolutely go there as a port of call if for no other reason than it’s an 8 or 9 hour drive to that amazing fishing.

I have a guide that I go out with for Reds in the Laguna Madre. He provides whatever bait is effective and available at that time. My son and I were down in September and got limits both days along with a few specs. I really loved it when we could fly down for $150 round trip. That drive is so long but we always break it up with lunch at Kings Inn in Rivera. Just fried up a mess of Reds a couple of days ago. Yum!