Taxi availability in Fredrikstad

kruiserkatie

I am glad to hear things are progressing with recovery for the island. We arrive for a port visit on Saturday 11-11 and would like to take a taxi from the port to Christiansted to shop at Sonya Ltd. for bracelets.

Are the taxis readily available in both locations? I tried searching on the web but there does not seem to be a lot of information and I am sure the storm impacted some of the drivers/taxis.

There is a new option through the cruise line that provides 1 hour shopping in Christiansted but I prefer to not be on. 5 hour tour on our final day. I would rather spend that money locally, if possible.

Any insights are greatly appreciated!

I can't say for certain, but the island residents are very aware that your ship will be in port that day. It will be the first ship to arrive on the island post-Maria. They are already planning special cleanups in f'sted before you arrive. So I would take a very confident guess that there will be plenty of taxis to take you into Christiansted. And there is a taxi stand at the fort end of King St. In Christiansted where you can easily get one back.

Be sure to pop in as many shops as possible in your travels. Sonya's is a great shop but there's also From the Gecko, Cache from the Sea, Mitchell Larsen glass works, Aisha, ib designs, and Adorn on Company Street. I love the clothing at Hot Heads on Queen Cross Street as well As Molly's on the same street (some great tshirts here). If you are looking for artwork or handcrafts, see if Many Hands is open in the Pan Am Pavilion.

Enjoy!!

• 3 weeks later...