How Is The Edge Fueled???

Bo1953

Hopefully not by oars manned by non-suite guest.:hearteyes:

LOL, if so, I have a few potential non-suite guests I can contribute for the propulsion!

bon voyage

as the drummer tells the oarsmen, I have good news & bad news. Good news, we aren't going into battle today.... Bad news, The captain wants to water ski.

LOL - forget the Captain, some passengers want to water ski!

bon voayge

Found a German website saying "more energy efficient than in older ships". What does that mean? Black smoke only visible within one mile distance? :confused:

I guess EDGE will not be THE number 1 environmental protector out there. Carnival is just building the first big LNG powered cruise ship for Aida Cruises not far away from me at Meyer Shipbuilding. And I supposed Virgin´s Scarlet Lady might bring up some future technology.

We will see.

Found a German website saying "more energy efficient than in older ships". What does that mean? Black smoke only visible within one mile distance? :confused:

I guess EDGE will not be THE number 1 environmental protector out there. Carnival is just building the first big LNG powered cruise ship for Aida Cruises not far away from me at Meyer Shipbuilding. And I supposed Virgin´s Scarlet Lady might bring up some future technology.

We will see.

Since Celebrity has been a leader in environmental and social issues, I believe your sarcastic comments will probably not come true.

i was on equinox (i think?) about 5 years ago and attended a talk by one of the ship's chief engineers that covered the engines. i recall diesel and solar. i very much enjoyed this talk and was disappointed my next cruise (summit over holidays) offered no such presentations.

I originally posted this on another thread about Class sep on EDGE but realize it and the 2 posts on that thread there preceding this one actually are better placed here ..maybe our moderator can move them ???

We and many others were suddenly blasted with oily black soot at the Sunset bar on Silhouette.( one time out of several sailings on her.) It lasted a few seconds. Everyone and everything were completely covered. Celeb handled it very well...med issues cleanup, laundering of clothes , free replacement drinks, etc.. We would not want to experience that again. We were told someone put the wrong mixture in, whatever that means.

Do you think there will be soot prone or vulnerable areas on Edge? Specificall, Sunset Bar, Rooftop Grill, Sunset Veranda and other aft csbin??