Edge Sky Suites - What's the Scoop?

vtcruising

I just don't see the window in the balconies on 12, but we will see if that is true. I put another view below that doesn't seem to show a window on 12.

If you measure the size of the cabins on 11 and 12 on the deck plans, 12 looks a bit bigger, but not sure if they are accurately depicted (although it could be true since there may be more space without the insides on the back walls). I agree that not having the inside on your back wall nor the adjacent connecting concierge and being just down the hall from Luminae may make up for not having the window.

We will have to compare our S3's on the cabin crawl. I will have my measuring tape so will compare size as well. :D

enhance

This pic really gives a great perspective. X would never take the revenue loss ( esp for a suite) but it would have been a great idea to have a mini lounge or nook on all those areas surrounded by the MC end pieces...

This pic really gives a great perspective. X would never take the revenue loss ( esp for a suite) but it would have been a great idea to have a mini lounge or nook on all those areas surrounded by the MC end pieces...

What a great idea! If too many people complain about the S3's, maybe they will do something like that on one of the later models. They could always make some of them a for fee venue (arts and crafts classes, gelateria, etc. and have some of the usuals such as the card room, small library/reading area and internet cafe and then maybe a concierge lounge and a complimentary lounge for all with coffee/tea/iced tea and lemonade) .

hcat, if Celebrity reads this and uses the idea, they should give you a free cruise (in the Iconic Suite)!! :D

Love the idea of craft rooms etc.. would also like vending machines, coffee/tea...ice machines like they have in hotels.

If we ever had the iconic suite...we'd throw one heck of a party!

Nice fantasy...but for some lucky people it will be their reality!

We will have to compare our S3's on the cabin crawl. I will have my measuring tape so will compare size as well. :D

I’m running the Cabin Crawl on our 15 May trip. That’s a fantastic idea about the measuring tape!

Bonus: someone on our Roll Call volunteered their Iconic Suite for the Crawl! I may just stowaway in there! LOL

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’m running the Cabin Crawl on our 15 May trip. That’s a fantastic idea about the measuring tape!

Bonus: someone on our Roll Call volunteered their Iconic Suite for the Crawl! I may just stowaway in there! LOL

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's great that you have an Iconic for your cabin crawl! Hope we will get to see one!

• 4 weeks later...

Lloyd had some new pictures on his thread. One was very interesting for those of us with aft cabins. It appears that they all can be connected to the cabin next door, either by a door (with those with a firewall between cabins) or by folding back part of the partition between cabins (with non-firewall partitions). Here is a close up - you can see doors open between in the upper deck and the lower right and a partially folded back partition in the lower left cabin. These will likely be like other X cabins in that the doors will be able to be locked on both sides and the folding partitions needing to be unlocked by the cabin attendant, so will be opened only when when traveling with friends/family.

enhance

• 1 month later...

There has been a lot of talk on other threads about the poles on the balconies of 50% of the non-aft S1's and S2's. Here is a link to a thread about that issue so people will have a heads up on what it looks like and which suites are affected.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=57005235&posted=1#post57005235

Based on the pictures available today, it looks like there are poles on half of the S3s too.
Looks like the center two have poles and the outer two have the thick railing plus a side "window". No side window on the top couple decks, as near as I can tell. Still waiting to find out which S3 will have the bed facing the window. In thinking it will be the two end ones, given the configuration of the connected rooms. Does anyone know?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Regarding side windows - If you compare locations of cabins on decks 11 and 12, the cabins adjacent to the MC on 12 are pushed outward toward the edge of the ship to allow for the pool depth from the deck above in the center of the ship. The S3s appear to be the same size on 11 and 12, but the push doesn't leave room for side windows along the MC track on 12.

• 2 weeks later...

So what is the concensus about the S3 (other than Deck 12). For example, between 6188 and 6184. I can't make my mind

For 6184 (or equivalent on other floor)

Pro's I see

- Window on the side

- No column in the middle of balcony

Con's

- Door from the connected room (6182)

For 6188(or equivalent on other floor)

Pro's

- No orange column in View

- No door to connected cabin

Which one would you go for if you had a chance? I am totally lost, and keep going back and forth...

So what is the concensus about the S3 (other than Deck 12). For example, between 6188 and 6184. I can't make my mind

Pro's I see

- Window on the side

Con's

Pro's

Which one would you go for if you had a chance? I am totally lost, and keep going back and forth...

All S3s have connecting rooms. The beds in the end suites will probably face the ocean, while the two center suites probably won't, given the placement of the connecting doors. We've never had any issues with connecting doors. Lucky or poor hearing? Will be great when we get specific info from inaugural cruisers.

All S3s have connecting rooms. The beds in the end suites will probably face the ocean, while the two center suites probably won't, given the placement of the connecting doors. We've never had any issues with connecting doors. Lucky or poor hearing? Will be great when we get specific info from inaugural cruisers.

The middle one seems to have an additional corridor like the connecting S-Class ship... Might be wrong tho...

Pro's I see

- Window on the side

Con's

Pro's

I think that the outside ones may have inside doors and the inside ones likely are connected with a private corridor (like S1's and cabins next door on S Class).

If it were me, I would take one on deck 8-9, if available. When the Magic Carpet is on 5 (probably just a few hours/day), it will be obstructive of the S3's on deck 6 and when on 14, it will cast shade on those on 11 and 12. Those things may not be important to you, but would be a deciding factor for us, if deck 8&9 were available.

If I had an end one, I would take the aft end, since there may be a wind issue with the forward balcony window when moving (though maybe the windows can be closed?).

I had one booked, but ended up canceling that cruise because I added on cruises in the other direction (and really was looking forward to trying an S3), but I chose 9204 for the above reasons and I really wanted one with the window. I knew there was likely an inside connecting door, but had a fine experience with a suite with a connecting door on X - there was minimal noise. I was hoping for the best.

I think there is no way to know about the bed placement until someone can get some pictures, but we all have our guesses. :D

If deck 6 is the only one available, you will need to decide whether you would be okay with the MC in front of your balcony for a few hours a day when it is on 5 and attached to Raw on 5. The hours will be in the dailies so you could plan around it. Any of those S3's will be amazing for many reasons, but there will be some issues most likely with some shade, obstructions and noise due to the Magic Carpet (the extent of which is TBD). I think you just need to go in with open eyes for possible issues and enjoy the central location, large balcony, a front row seat to the MC and all the suite benefits. :D

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, chicagomelinda said:

We’re new to Celebrity. We love the Thermal Spas, but it looks like they’re only available to Aqua Class guests (not Sky Suite). Am I reading this correctly? Is there an equivalent for Suite guests? Thanks in advance!

AQ has free access. But everyone can purchase a day pass or a week pass. There is not a promotion or discount for suites. Elite and above, do get one free day pass on a port day only. The  Day passes are not available online in the cruise planner but a week pass  is for an individual or couple. It is pricey at $399 plus 18% gratuity for a 7 day couple pass. We booked it because we were worried it might sell out given the Spa is new and has so much to offer. 

On 7/8/2018 at 7:23 PM, Lastdance said:

I keep thinking about my S1 corner aft on deck 11, along with all the walking back and forth to and from meals, Retreat and everything else. I may take a backpack with me! I do not mind all the exercise, but on a 15 day TA, the backpack is looking pretty good. Otherwise I need to meet a great friend whose cabin is near yours on my cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

l - If you will move up to an Iconic Suite, I would be more than happy to tag along to carry your backpack back and forth... LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 1

This picture finally has the furniture on the midship S1's and S2's. At first look, it appears that they don't have the nice padded furniture shown in the renditions, but if you look closely at the top deck shown and go all the way to the right you can see a thick pad on that chair. The others may just not have the pads on them until guests are in the cabins.

image.thumb.png.5ee2d02ecc5e7df32130974bbda9a298.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

This picture finally has the furniture on the midship S1's and S2's. At first look, it appears that they don't have the nice padded furniture shown in the renditions, but if you look closely at the top deck shown and go all the way to the right you can see a thick pad on that chair. The others may just not have the pads on them until guests are in the cabins.

Looks good to me.  Can't wait to sink my buns into that cushion! :classic_smile:

14 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Based on this angle this appears to be starboard side looking back towards the MC, so the cabins shown at the top closest to us would be Celebrity Suites. The deck below that would be S2s. If you notice the balconies appear bigger and the chairs look a little different plus the table looks bigger.

Edited by WonderMan3

8 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Based on this angle this appears to be starboard side looking back towards the MC, so the cabins shown at the top closest to us would be Celebrity Suites. The deck below that would be S2s.

You are right, those are the CS's on 11. Sorry, I was looking at the plans backwards. The sky suites had better have the nice padded chairs seen in the renditions.  :classic_unsure:

image.thumb.png.68e73bfebdefdc6f407e047fd50e87c1.png

6 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

You are right, those are the CS's on 11. Sorry, I was looking at the plans backwards. The sky suites had better have the nice padded chairs seen in the renditions.  :classic_unsure:

image.thumb.png.68e73bfebdefdc6f407e047fd50e87c1.png

Doesn’t look like they will. The chairs in the Sky Suites in that image you shared further up look like the chairs in this image.

7C9285E5-CAEB-45EE-BDC2-536A8368105D.jpeg

7 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Doesn’t look like they will. The chairs in the Sky Suites in that image you shared further up look like the chairs in this image.

7C9285E5-CAEB-45EE-BDC2-536A8368105D.jpeg

We'll see - maybe the crew has brought some of the ubiquitous IV chairs out on the balconies to keep the real furniture clean/dry. We can only hope!  I don't think that people who have paid $12000 to book those suites will be happy with those seats....

I'll let you know on the 27th.

Edited by vtcruising