Best suite you’ve ever been in

Haven on Norwegian- 2 bd 2 ba. The master bathroom is past fabulous! First, it’s huge. Secondly, it has a large window over the jacuzzi tub and a long window in the shower. Cruising the morning we saw the Mendenhall Glacier in that shower with that blue, blue water and ice chunks was the best shower EVER! It was also steps away from a private pool and jacuzzi, as well as a short flight of stairs to a private deck at the very top of the ship. Simply amazing overall!

• Like 2

Penthouse suite on Norwegian is the best so far. Butler that I kept running night and day! Big room with huge balcony on the front of the ship. Loved that. In 12 days I will be in a Haven room on the Bliss. I will post if that turns out to be the best......

• 1 month later...

On Holland America Zuiderdam, Neptune Suite 7093 is an SB category, but the suite is located aft where the deck curves out, and the balcony lets you look forward along the ship. It was a large room, and a great balcony, with a table and 2 chairs, plus 2 loungers.

7088 would be the same on the port side. There are 2 similarly located cabins on the Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, and maybe others.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 6:56 PM, 2Beeze said:

Haven on Norwegian- 2 bd 2 ba. The master bathroom is past fabulous! First, it’s huge. Secondly, it has a large window over the jacuzzi tub and a long window in the shower. Cruising the morning we saw the Mendenhall Glacier in that shower with that blue, blue water and ice chunks was the best shower EVER! It was also steps away from a private pool and jacuzzi, as well as a short flight of stairs to a private deck at the very top of the ship. Simply amazing overall!

I am surprised to read you can see the Mendenhall glacier from the ship.  I thought it was too far inland.  Learned something new (again).  Haha

Anyway, nice description of what sounds like an amazing suite experience.   

9 hours ago, ldubs said:

I am surprised to read you can see the Mendenhall glacier from the ship.  I thought it was too far inland.  Learned something new (again).  Haha

Anyway, nice description of what sounds like an amazing suite experience.   

That was part of the joy of the Jewel, that it was lovely and small - so it could get down into that long arm while larger ships cannot. I have to tell you that the morning drifting down the Endicott arm, showering looking out at the ice floating by in water like Tiffany blue, and being on the top most deck with blankets, hot chocolate, and the very slow spin at the glacier is something that I will never forget.  As you can see since I have described it twice 🙀😹 I will post a couple of pictures here, but I have very recently  put together some videos of the suite and this trip and a couple of other recent ones (it’s not something that I advertise, I am not trying for social media star 🙌🏼 ), but i decided to make these videos for our use and to share with those who would appreciate them. If you would like to see them, they are at my new and very small YouTube home under channel 2BEEZE. I hope you will enjoy them and also hope you will make the same journey!

Lynn

(The top image with the long view of the glacier is from the Haven Suite)

CFE4B2F2-01A2-4F57-A1EA-294AF98C476E.jpeg

A72493D0-636B-47F6-B5EC-4CE148A6E322.jpeg

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

That was part of the joy of the Jewel, that it was lovely and small - so it could get down into that long arm while larger ships cannot. I have to tell you that the morning drifting down the Endicott arm, showering looking out at the ice floating by in water like Tiffany blue, and being on the top most deck with blankets, hot chocolate, and the very slow spin at the glacier is something that I will never forget.  As you can see since I have described it twice 🙀😹 I will post a couple of pictures here, but I have very recently  put together some videos of the suite and this trip and a couple of other recent ones (it’s not something that I advertise, I am not trying for social media star 🙌🏼 ), but i decided to make these videos for our use and to share with those who would appreciate them. If you would like to see them, they are at my new and very small YouTube home under channel 2BEEZE. I hope you will enjoy them and also hope you will make the same journey!

Lynn

Beautiful -- thanks for posting.  

• Like 1

I can also highly recommend the Owner’s Suite on the Oasis size ships, like Allure. It’s a huge room with a huge balcony- more storage than you could ever use and a bathroom that beats most luxury hotels. I have a video of the one we had last month on the Allure at YouTube - but someone has uploaded a video of most every suite out there, just do a search at YouTube (be prepared, some are by a cruise’s 9 yo, but at least you get a good idea of one before booking). Try one, but once you do it’s hard to go back!

Happy Sailing!

Lynn

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 9:56 AM, 2Beeze said:

Wow. Thanks for sharing. Must put this on the list.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 12:41 AM, 2Beeze said:

Lynn

(The top image with the long view of the glacier is from the Haven Suite)

CFE4B2F2-01A2-4F57-A1EA-294AF98C476E.jpeg

A72493D0-636B-47F6-B5EC-4CE148A6E322.jpeg

Wow. Really amazing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wonderland1 said:

Wow. Thanks for sharing. Must put this on the list.

Please let me know if you do and if you enjoyed it!  We will be back in a haven 2b2b in a few weeks, but we’re going to the Caribbean and there’s just not going to be that kind of vistas that you get in Alaska. Just amazing !  But, I’m sure it will be fabulous too and we’re excited to be sailing once again 😁

Lynn

• 1 month later...

The 2Br2B Haven suites are great.  The master bath with shower and tub window views is beautiful and spacious!  The second BR is very small.  But, we were blessed to stay in the Haven 3Br4B Garden Villa and it is hands down the most fantastic suite with Baby grand piano, private hot tub and sauna, private courtyard and sun deck, huge living room, dining area and large bedrooms.  The bathroom has a garden tub overlooking private courtyard where the hotub overlooks the perfect viewing spot.  The suite is over 4000sf and the outside area over 1600sf.  We loved both the 2 and 3 BR suites and would be happy with either one!  First four pics are 3Br and last three are the 2Br.

87F49DE3-78A8-47F6-BBA0-67CD7EAE58BB.jpeg

9D3CFFCA-9FCA-4313-9BA6-4B1CA2CEA6FF.jpeg

CF00965F-9652-466A-8D92-D5650B879422.jpeg

DBCB72E2-4C8C-406A-BAFC-FAC66DB6334B.jpeg

E876C79E-FDC5-4DEF-BCA1-6655FD4B7B31.jpeg

571247A4-BAE5-4B2B-AC57-2E8E1DBA748B.jpeg

651E9F45-ABD4-4FD1-B649-25C4F80DACB1.jpeg

Edited by mrstmath
Add pics

• 4 weeks later...

This upcoming trip will be our first actual suite... been in.a Jr. Suite before.  Booked a Neptune Suite for my wife and I coming up in May, close to the Concierge Lounge.  Heard good things about HAL / Neptune, so crossing fingers.  

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Loft Suite on ALLURE OF THE SEAS.

1524 sf suite with 843 sf balcony. 2 levels with floor to ceiling windows..2 bedrooms..2 bathrooms..baby grand piano..library full of books..huge jacuzzi on the balcony..wet bar with sink and fridge on the balcony..binocular stand on balcony..dining room with seating for 8..master bedroom upstairs overlooks living room below, and has walk in closet which can be accessed from either side of bed. controls operate curtains and projection tv screen..master bathroom with floor to ceiling windows, toilet, bidet,shower for 2 (or more)with hand wands and rainfall overhead, bathtub for 2, double sinks. And with all this you have the services of a Genie. They will make all your reservations at shows and restaurants (no charge for any restaurant) free laundry..free wifi..you will never wait in any line. your luggage comes onboard the ship with you.

it makes for an incredible week.

• 4 months later...
On 8/20/2018 at 9:06 PM, torrestakethewakes said:

Hello,

We’ve never sailed anything above balcony and want to experience a suite. What’s line has your favorite suite and why!?

NCL Escape Haven Courtyard Suite was by far my favorite.  First experience in a suite on 7/7/2019 was a bid upgrade which was wonderful on such a large ship 🚢.  All the perks that comes with a Haven suite is worth every penny!!!  Once you go Haven you don’t want to go back...it’s like a gated community...a ship within a ship.  My next cruise will be in a Haven Foward-Facing Suite on NCL Breakaway next year...would have reserved NCL Encore Haven but the price is too high right now.  Plan to try out different suites on different ships 🛳 to see which one I prefer.  Good luck😎

• 1 month later...

Hmmmmmmm...so many cruises...so many great suites.  The Penthouse on Celebrity Century, 33 days in the Royal Suite on the RCI Jewel Of The Seas.  And recently in the Yacht Club on MSC Divina in cabin 12001 which was bigger than their Royal Suite...had a fantastic view overlooking the bow of the ship with floor to ceiling windows.  Our favorite was the Divina Yacht Club.

• 3 weeks later...

We have always had a penthouse suite.  Been several times on Regent, Oceania & Azamara.  All wonderful cruise lines.  BUT, the nicest Penthouse suites were on PRINCESS!  Sailed the Grand & a couple weeks ago; the Regal Princess.  Those PH suites are really 2 rooms w/a huge beautiful marble bathroom, 3 sinks, deep soaking tub, full oval glass shower that was big enough for a shower chair.  Toilet & single sink have doors for privacy.  As you enter the suite, there is a "living room" with sofa, 2 chairs, coffee table, mini fridge, bar & beautiful 55" LG TV's ( 2, one in the bedroom one in sitting area).  There are 2 sliding doors to the balcony which is quite large.  Princess ships are much larger then we like; but can't beat those PH's!  Food was o.k but not as good as Oceania.  Azamara was probably the most fun w/the white nights celebration.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:06 PM, torrestakethewakes said:

Hello,

We’ve never sailed anything above balcony and want to experience a suite. What’s line has your favorite suite and why!?

I have two.  On Royal Caribbean, Oasis class ships, Crown loft suite.  So much storage- two bathrooms and Unbelievable two story views!  On Celebrity we loved the Royal Suite, beautiful suite, great service- even monogrammed bathrobes for my husband and I to take home- also two bathrooms.  I felt like a queen with the level of service we received.