Looks like No Coffee Table for a Room Service Tray in Infinity Cabins

caroak

In the renderings there's no coffee table in front of the couch for a room service tray only the very small table on the veranda. Can't imagine two people dining on that and certainly would not want the only other option to be the dresser/desk that would have a lot of our belongings. Also, surprised here are no cubbies over the desk area.:(

Carole

In the renderings there's no coffee table in front of the couch for a room service tray only the very small table on the veranda. Can't imagine two people dining on that and certainly would not want the only other option to be the dresser/desk that would have a lot of our belongings. Also, surprised here are no cubbies over the desk area.:(

Carole

Carole:

I'm not sure if you read Pantheral's post in another thread. He wrote "Having a degree in architectural design I would caution everyone to temper your concerns about the look and functionality of storage spaces until there are real photos of those areas. Usually when creating drawings and renderings of spaces specific details of these areas are not included both to minimize the time needed to complete the renderings and also to not detract from the overall design visuals."

Possibly they want to make the cabins look as big as possible so leave out the coffee table in the renderings. There may or may not be cubbies by the dresser/vanity in the completed cabins - I remember RCI had some cubbies in the closet on some ships, which was very handy too. Hopefully, they thought of all this and more - can't wait to find out! :D

Another example of minimalist renderings - they didn't even show a flat screen TV in the representation below. Let's think positive thoughts that all those little necessities for a happy cruise are included in the final cabin (like hoping the little table in infinite balcony actually has a larger diameter to properly support the room service breakfast tray!) 7288af19a42b6e06a70ca7aa5a26be99.jpg

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

We will just have to wait to hear all about it...VT, you are our direct line, but I want you to enjoy your cruises too!

I will hopefully be posting many pictures of drawers, cubbies, coffee tables, shelf space, bathroom storage, electric outlets and electronic charging capability. Let’s hope they got it right! [emoji2]

I looked a little closer and in some renditions there is a coffee table. The one shown is a small round table. It's not a bad idea, IMO, since the bigger coffee table seems to be in the way a lot of the time and we seem to only use it for the room service tray (and bring dishes out to the balcony table). Looking at the picture of it below, it could be tucked away to the side of the couch and possibly is big enough to hold a room service tray. If not, there is quite a bit of space to put it down on top of the dresser or vanity with section that pulls out. The small coffee table would be big enough for a couple of drinks, if sitting on the couch.

enhance

This is what it looks like (though this is a sky suite, but looks the same on the SS rendition as the IV):

enhance

Edited by vtcruising

I looked a little closer and in some renditions there is a coffee table. The one shown is a small round table. It's not a bad idea, IMO, since the bigger coffee table seems to be in the way a lot of the time and we seem to only use it for the room service tray (and bring dishes out to the balcony table). Looking at the picture of it below, it could be tucked away to the side of the couch and possibly is big enough to hold a room service tray. If not, there is quite a bit of space to put it down on top of the dresser or vanity with section that pulls out. The small coffee table would be big enough for a couple of drinks, if sitting on the couch.

enhance

This is what it looks like (though this is a sky suite, but looks the same on the SS rendition as the IV):

enhance

Wow, what a small table!! Lucky if you could rest your feet on that!:rolleyes: We've always used the coffee table, even though they haven't been large, for paperwork, daily itineraries, etc. and just remove them when we have room service. The desk/vanity always has a lot of other stuff on top. Of course the veranda is an option as long as the weather permits.

Carole

Modern Luxury supplanted by Minimalist Decor..!

We have concluded that with our bed by balc in AQ class, we will leave the doors to the Inf balc open most of the time. More space and options, like the little table

:')

I think the side table shown on the Infinite Verandah is supposed to work dual purpose either indoors or outdoors .....

The television is located to the right in the Infinite Verandah photo on The Celebrity Edge stateroom website. The tv is mounted on the wall to saved space.

I hope that decorative piece of coral sitting on the curved shelf is removable. We'll definitely need that space for stuff.

Carole

Doubt they will include that...too fragile and organic...

we always chose the bed by the bathroom for this reason, so we could take the coffee table by the sofa and move it along the balcony doors, tucked away next to the sofa. there was just enough room for it to fit and it made the stateroom feel much more roomy, and we still were able to use the table to place things like afternoon snacks and champagne on it.

we always chose the bed by the bathroom for this reason, so we could take the coffee table by the sofa and move it along the balcony doors, tucked away next to the sofa. there was just enough room for it to fit and it made the stateroom feel much more roomy, and we still were able to use the table to place things like afternoon snacks and champagne on it.

Ditto!

Plus if you invite friends for a pre-dinner glass of wine, there is room for 5 or 6 with the veranda door open and nobody has to sit on your bed!!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the link to that video. I learned a lot. The balcony seems small and I don't like the balcony chairs. They do not look comfortable. The color plan is soothing. The bathroom seems very nice. Glad the shower head is removable unlike on Solstice ships.

Hope AQ class still has the enhanced shower panel with various spray options,,,

Most of the seating/ furniture shown for EDGE does not look comfy or plush...more like dorm lobby and lounge. But only sitting in it will be the true test.

This might help:

Thanks for the video tour... bathroom is nice...prefer the large basin sink to the splashy bowl style on S class

good view of bed by balc with infinite veranda .. photos of that config are hard to come by.

I think with the Inf balc, bed by balc will be okay...The balc is not that open like a standard balc.. ..just the big window that can open and close...They probably should have called it a sunroom or Fla room rather balcony

.............I think with the Inf balc, bed by balc will be okay...The balc is not that open like a standard balc.. ..just the big window that can open and close...They probably should have called it a sunroom or Fla room rather balcony

I live in Fla and that isn’t a sunroom or Fla room unless I had a room where one whole wall was a ‘window’ that rolled down in half, coming down to the level of the existing balconies.

Den