Thalassotherapy Pool on the Edge?

vtcruising

I was looking through my cruise planner for one of my Edge cruises and found an option to buy a pass for the thermal suite and thalassotherapy pool. Did I miss something? I don't remember a thalassotherapy pool in the reveal and don't remember seeing it in the cruise planner, but I could have missed it.

It is described as "Submerge yourself in deep relaxation with this 7-day pass to our Thermal Suite and our Thalassotherapy Pool, an oasis complete with grottos, chaise lounges, and a natural bubbling salt-water spring that will wash your cares away."

From the cruise planner:

It is weird that they are selling a 14 day pass for a 7 day cruise, but must have been added by mistake.

For one person it is $219 for 7 days and for a couple $399.

enhance

Could it be in the circled area below or is that something else?

enhance

That listing in the planner looks like a mistake to me. The area of the spa you circled includes some of the eight different spaces they have already revealed as part of the Thermal Suite. There was never any mention of a t-pool. That would have been a pretty big deal.

Would love a real T pool, but the big news is that the passes may be purchased on line...heading to our cruise planner asap..

Thanks for the heads up..

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it would not let me book it at this time. Maybe call Captain's Club and see if it is real and see if can pre-book? Also, I wonder if they have day passes?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it would not let me book it at this time. Maybe call Captain's Club and see if it is real and see if can pre-book? Also, I wonder if they have day passes?

Right and keep in mind that they have had different T pools over the years going back to the best T pool which was on the Century. Hope they’re bringing that one back.

So I won't have access to the t-pool unless I buy a pass? Even if I am in an Aqua class room? Anyone knows? Thanks

No one knows very much at this point...just heard about T pool today from Vt

We' ll have to wait for news...which has been very slow on part of X and spa provider !

We do get Thermal suite access and I have my spa appts booked already for Jan cruise...easy to do on the online cruise planner .they had the port pricing posted for the port days.

No one knows very much at this point...just heard about T pool today from Vt

We' ll have to wait for news...which has been very slow on part of X and spa provider !

We do get Thermal suite access and I have my spa appts booked already for Jan cruise...easy to do on the online cruise planner .they had the port pricing posted for the port days.

I just got off the phone with an excellent Captain's Club person who spent a lot of time trying to figure this out. I was on hold for 20 minutes and then she called me back an hour later after talking to various people. She still hadn't gotten to the bottom of this and said she would call me back with more details when she had them (likely not today).

She said that there wasn't anything about the T pool in their info and at first wondered if it was the salt cave part of the thermal suites, but I pointed out the paragraph on the website: "Submerge yourself in deep relaxation with this 7-day pass to our Thermal Suite and our Thalassotherapy Pool, an oasis complete with grottos, chaise lounges, and a natural bubbling salt-water spring that will wash your cares away."

She talked to more people and they wondered if, because of that specific wording online about the grottos, loungers, etc., it possibly could be something that will be announced for the Edge and was just placed on the website too soon. She said that she would work to track it down and get back to me.

Her gut feeling was that it would be included in AQ, but she wasn't sure so would check that as well. She said that she couldn't find anything about day passes, but that didn't mean that they wouldn't eventually be offered.

So, no real new info, but she was leaning toward this being real with details to be announced (of course, maybe they are announcing it soon and she just couldn't say anything). Either way, she sounded very interested in getting to the bottom of this, so we have a Captain's Club detective at work. :D

I was looking through my cruise planner for one of my Edge cruises and found an option to buy a pass for the thermal suite and thalassotherapy pool. Did I miss something? I don't remember a thalassotherapy pool in the reveal and don't remember seeing it in the cruise planner, but I could have missed it.

It is described as "Submerge yourself in deep relaxation with this 7-day pass to our Thermal Suite and our Thalassotherapy Pool, an oasis complete with grottos, chaise lounges, and a natural bubbling salt-water spring that will wash your cares away."

From the cruise planner:

It is weird that they are selling a 14 day pass for a 7 day cruise, but must have been added by mistake.

For one person it is $219 for 7 days and for a couple $399.

enhance

Anyone notice the time limit?

15 Minutes ? Is that per day?

Anyone notice the time limit?

15 Minutes ? Is that per day?

I saw that too. I wondered if they had to put in an amount of time like they do for all the spa treatments and just put in the minimum.

I wouldn't want to pay that amount for 15 min/day. :D

Vt

Thanks for calling...and spending so much time on this issue.

hope you hear back soon..would even be happy at this pt if we could book the Thermal suite ahead of our Nov cruise...no doubt will be pricey for a 9 night cruise,, Have only planned one spa treatment ( other than specials) if we can get the pass for both of us,

15 min for the T pool seems a short time...stab in the dark here...maybe a limit like that suggested for hot tubs due to elevated blood pressure

The real pools had alot of salts..great for arthritis, muscle soreness and other ailments, very strong jets..you could hold onto stations and also do a small circuit,

So this is a bit of a mystery for us to have fun with: Doesn’t show the T-pool on the deck plans or in the videos even on the one specifically for the Edge Spa; it lists avail for 15min a day; it cost $219 for 7 days and $438 for 14 days - boy what a deal - let me calculate the ‘deal’ you get for taking it for 14 days instead of 7....none. OK, I’ll look at the cost of daily use: $219 for 7 days is $31 per day. Not bad I guess, but for 15min?? That’s $125/hr! I’m obviously in the wrong business....oops I forget, I’m retired.

Yes, I’ll bet the 15min is the usual ‘only use the hot tub for 15min’ type idea. But it’s fun to joke they will charge us at $125/hr userate for that baby!

The one nice thing for me, is we are doing a B2B, so can always take a look at it and then try it out on 2nd leg. But I never really do the spas on M or S-Class. Certainly did the T-Pool on M-Class - I thought it was the best pool afloat! Loved it. But don’t know about a smaller enclosed T-pool inside the spa area.

But of course, we will get all the lowdown from vtcruising making all the calls, and then seeing all the reviews prior to my March 2019 cruise.

Den

I just got off the phone with an excellent Captain's Club person who spent a lot of time trying to figure this out. I was on hold for 20 minutes and then she called me back an hour later after talking to various people. She still hadn't gotten to the bottom of this and said she would call me back with more details when she had them (likely not today).

She said that there wasn't anything about the T pool in their info and at first wondered if it was the salt cave part of the thermal suites, but I pointed out the paragraph on the website: "Submerge yourself in deep relaxation with this 7-day pass to our Thermal Suite and our Thalassotherapy Pool, an oasis complete with grottos, chaise lounges, and a natural bubbling salt-water spring that will wash your cares away."

She talked to more people and they wondered if, because of that specific wording online about the grottos, loungers, etc., it possibly could be something that will be announced for the Edge and was just placed on the website too soon. She said that she would work to track it down and get back to me.

Her gut feeling was that it would be included in AQ, but she wasn't sure so would check that as well. She said that she couldn't find anything about day passes, but that didn't mean that they wouldn't eventually be offered.

So, no real new info, but she was leaning toward this being real with details to be announced (of course, maybe they are announcing it soon and she just couldn't say anything). Either way, she sounded very interested in getting to the bottom of this, so we have a Captain's Club detective at work. :D

Thanks VT for doing the detective work! This is my first Aqua cabin and probably only time I will book it (unless I get pricing close to reg verandas) and I want to make sure I don't miss a thing!

So this is a bit of a mystery for us to have fun with: Doesn’t show the T-pool on the deck plans or in the videos even on the one specifically for the Edge Spa; it lists avail for 15min a day; it cost $219 for 7 days and $438 for 14 days - boy what a deal - let me calculate the ‘deal’ you get for taking it for 14 days instead of 7....none. OK, I’ll look at the cost of daily use: $219 for 7 days is $31 per day. Not bad I guess, but for 15min?? That’s $125/hr! I’m obviously in the wrong business....oops I forget, I’m retired.

Yes, I’ll bet the 15min is the usual ‘only use the hot tub for 15min’ type idea. But it’s fun to joke they will charge us at $125/hr userate for that baby!

The one nice thing for me, is we are doing a B2B, so can always take a look at it and then try it out on 2nd leg. But I never really do the spas on M or S-Class. Certainly did the T-Pool on M-Class - I thought it was the best pool afloat! Loved it. But don’t know about a smaller enclosed T-pool inside the spa area.

But of course, we will get all the lowdown from vtcruising making all the calls, and then seeing all the reviews prior to my March 2019 cruise.

Den

T pool on M Class was fun with the spouts etc but not a real T pool...which is more therapy oriented with salts minerals, etc. We await word back from VT about the costs etc.

If it is really too expensive for us, we will just take the Thermal Suite pass if we can for our non AQ cruise..that's a 9 day trip. And hope T pool included is with out AQ cruise or maybe add the t pool.

AQ class is very popular... and getting pricier !

I am mad at myself for not buying the thermal couples pass for my 7 day when it was $249 or whatever. I think $399 is way too much money. Like with the dinning packages, I think everything is going to continue to increase. Still hopefully X will offer a discount on drink packages for my preview cruise on 12/6, but if not, I will be forced to pay full pop.

We tried to order the pass for our 9 day cruise in Nov 2019...but it said not available at this time.

They listed a 7 day couples pass for thermal suite/ T pool at $399 per couple, and higher for a 14 day pass.. but had nothing for a 9 day pass...

I will contact Cap Club to see what's up for our specific sailing. New ship, new spa...work in progress!

I am encouraged that it seems to be a combined option in the pricing...so I am hopeful that on our AQ cruise in Jan we will have full access with no extra charge. It may be one of the relaxation options within the thermal suites..( that's how it was in QM 2 under Canyon Ranch,,)

??????

Wow, the first spa hydropool on Celebrity since the Century.:)

Good news.

Just want to know what it really is.

WJa7Qso7gqo [/quote

Thanks..best T pool we had was on Mercury...it had it all including the water, healing minerals salts, spa environment, healing music..Century had it too...was removed to enlarge the spa and add a barbershop...too bad!

Qm 2 was also very nice..esp the spa rooms

Hope EDGE is tops!

Good Morning! Has the Captain's Club person called you back? I am so interested to find out about this. Again, kicking myself for not buying the package before the price increase but maybe its a mistake, given it says 14 days. Its weird that if there was a thalassotherapy pool, separate from the pool in the solarium, it would not have been included in the Spa reveal. Something is a little odd about this. lol lets hope X is not going to try and charge us for the solarium now.

My cruise planner person did not call back yet l..I am surprised b/c she is very responsive re our two booked cruises on EDGE..

I will try again Mon and also try the Cap Club and Concierge # I was given...

From the pricing I saw on my onlune Cruise Planner for 7 and 14 days it was a price for the Persian Garden now called thermal suites and the description included the T pool..

We could not book it b/c it said not aavailable to book...our non AQ cruise is 9 nights..so no option to price or book was listed..

I'll keep trying

Good Morning! Has the Captain's Club person called you back? I am so interested to find out about this. Again, kicking myself for not buying the package before the price increase but maybe its a mistake, given it says 14 days. Its weird that if there was a thalassotherapy pool, separate from the pool in the solarium, it would not have been included in the Spa reveal. Something is a little odd about this. lol lets hope X is not going to try and charge us for the solarium now.

No she hasn’t called back. I wonder if it is real - if it is, maybe they will announce it in the reveal Monday or at a later reveal (and she couldn’t say more until that time). She promised to call and leave a message, if I didn’t answer. Maybe she will have some news one way or another on Monday. I am not totally convinced this is real, but hope it is!!

Thank you! Wish my cruise planner still had the price for the Persian Gardens. It is now $399 for two up from $249. That is a significant increase. I will now be waiting to see if there will be any discounts onboard because the prices have increased so much.

My cruise planner person did not call back yet l..I am surprised b/c she is very responsive re our two booked cruises on EDGE..

I will try again Mon and also try the Cap Club and Concierge # I was given...

From the pricing I saw on my onlune Cruise Planner for 7 and 14 days it was a price for the Persian Garden now called thermal suites and the description included the T pool..

We could not book it b/c it said not aavailable to book...our non AQ cruise is 9 nights..so no option to price or book was listed..

I'll keep trying