Starbucks in Alaska?

tlovesdis

I collect the SB You Are Here mugs and would love to get one or two in Alaska.

I see there are two in Juneau, one at a Safeway and one at Fred Meyer. In Ketchikan there is one at Carr's. Has anyone actually been to any of these? Can I take an Uber or a cab to get there from the ship? And do they even have the mugs?

Any info would be appreciated!!!

Can’t help you but i also collect the mugs and actually just bought one off eBay on our last trip and didn’t open it until we came back. :). Less stressful and similar price to in the store. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Available on Amazon at.

https://www.amazon.com/Alaska-Starbucks-Here-Collectors-Ounce/dp/B00BW6IB2A.

I see there are two in Juneau, one at a Safeway and one at Fred Meyer. In Ketchikan there is one at Carr's. Has anyone actually been to any of these? Can I take an Uber or a cab to get there from the ship? And do they even have the mugs?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Are those your only two stops in Alaska? I’m not sure about Ketchikan, but in Juneau both the stores you listed are pretty far from the cruise ship. I’m sure you’d spend more than $40 there and back in a taxi.

I live in Anchorage and they do have the “you are here mugs” at all the grocery store Starbucks as far as I can tell. If you’re flying they have em at the airport location too.

If it were me id save the taxi fare and instead find a local pottery shop and get yourself a mug made in Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Call them and ask. Telephones are still the best way of getting a quick answer to a question.

DON

We were in Ketchikan in mid-May and saw both You are Here Mugs and the new Been There Mugs in a souvenir shop window. They were priced at $15 each. I suspect when Starbucks announced they would discontinue the You Are Here series, someone bought a number of the mugs for their shop (marking up the price of course!) to see if they would sell. If your first stop is Ketchikan, you may wish to take a look - I don't recall the name of the shop, but by looking at a map, I believe it was on Mission Street, the same side of the street as the movie theater.

If you strike out in Ketchikan, your next shot is Juneau - depending on what your plans are, you may find one there. Especially if you are renting a car and heading out to the Mendenhall Glacier. There is a Starbucks at the Fred Meyer and by the Safeway. Neither of these are anywhere close to where the cruise ships dock, you would need to rent a car, take a cab, or a city bus to get there.

There are Starbucks locations in Anchorage as well - google says there is one near/at the airport, but my guess any stock of the You Are Here series this location may have had is long gone.

Good Luck!

We were also hunting for a mug on our Princess cruise a few weeks ago. Before we got on a bus or taxi to the Safeway in Ketchikan, we found a souvenir shop (Orca Corn) that was selling both the old and new versions. They charged about $5 more than Starbucks, but it was worth it to us to avoid the taxi or bus fare and not waste time, as we only had about 5 hours in port.

We were also hunting for a mug on our Princess cruise a few weeks ago. Before we got on a bus or taxi to the Safeway in Ketchikan, we found a souvenir shop (Orca Corn) that was selling both the old and new versions. They charged about $5 more than Starbucks, but it was worth it to us to avoid the taxi or bus fare and not waste time, as we only had about 5 hours in port.

This is fantastic news! Thanks!