Norwegian GETAWAY Are Bar Drink Lines Really as long as described CC reviews?

Daddyoo

First time cruising on Norwegian Getaway Western Caribbean tour. Have the Unlimited Beverages along with 90% of the other 4K people onboard. I read TON reviews of pissed off passengers waiting for drinks in long lines on deliberately understaffed staffed bars on Getaway. Want to know if that was true everywhere onboard or just at the Pool Deck? Just to be clear , I have absolutely NO intent of going to the pool bar at all. There are 14 other bars on this ship... Are they waiting 3 deep also? Is it possible to sit at a bar with wife for a couple hours and enjoy a few drinks? Or is it "take away" at most bars.? I am asking this because I am thinking of paying for Vibe passes so we can sit to enjoy a drink. Let me know if there are any slower bars on board (smoke free) that may be less attended to sit. Really I do not want to pay for Vibe just to sit at bar unless I have to. ANY ADVICE would be appreciated (such as give the bartender a $20 so he remembers me) Thanks

First time cruising on Norwegian Getaway Western Caribbean tour. Have the Unlimited Beverages along with 90% of the other 4K people onboard. I read TON reviews of pissed off passengers waiting for drinks in long lines on deliberately understaffed staffed bars on Getaway. Want to know if that was true everywhere onboard or just at the Pool Deck? Just to be clear , I have absolutely NO intent of going to the pool bar at all. There are 14 other bars on this ship... Are they waiting 3 deep also? Is it possible to sit at a bar with wife for a couple hours and enjoy a few drinks? Or is it "take away" at most bars.? I am asking this because I am thinking of paying for Vibe passes so we can sit to enjoy a drink. Let me know if there are any slower bars on board (smoke free) that may be less attended to sit. Really I do not want to pay for Vibe just to sit at bar unless I have to. ANY ADVICE would be appreciated (such as give the bartender a $20 so he remembers me) Thanks

We only had an issue at the pool bar, and even then it wasn't more than a 10 - 15 minute wait.

Great!! So Glad to hear all your responses... and the lack of problems getting a drinks. Thanks Much. Never been on a MEGA ship with over 5K people and crew so do not know what to expect. Got spooked from reading all the CC reviews with the common thread of elbow to elbow bar patrons and understaffed bars. So thought about Vibe as alternative... we are not sun worshipers (wife is Irish) and Vibe looks secluded and way out of the way just for drinks. Much rather participate in events and people watch . Thanks Again! See you on board!

Great!! So Glad to hear all your responses... and the lack of problems getting a drinks. Thanks Much. Never been on a MEGA ship with over 5K people and crew so do not know what to expect. Got spooked from reading all the CC reviews with the common thread of elbow to elbow bar patrons and understaffed bars. So thought about Vibe as alternative... we are not sun worshipers (wife is Irish) and Vibe looks secluded and way out of the way just for drinks. Much rather participate in events and people watch . Thanks Again! See you on board!

It all depends on your expectation. If you expect a bartender to be standing there waiting for you then you may be disappointed. Busier times and bars you may have to wait a few seconds to 2-3 minutes to be served. There are plenty of other bars on board if you don’t want to wait.

The main pool bar and O’Sheehan’s are probably the worst. The Mojito Bar can be a bit of a wait too, but only because the drinks take FOREVER to make (they’re well worth it, though).

It all depends on your expectation. If you expect a bartender to be standing there waiting for you then you may be disappointed. Busier times and bars you may have to wait a few seconds to 2-3 minutes to be served. There are plenty of other bars on board if you don’t want to wait.

The main pool bar and O’Sheehan’s are probably the worst. The Mojito Bar can be a bit of a wait too, but only because the drinks take FOREVER to make (they’re well worth it, though).

Agreed! The outside Mojito Bar MAY possibly be quicker. It depends. I was amazed (January 2018) how well the Atrium bartenders did with millions of customers at busy times. Yes, there was a wait, but c'mon - they were busting ther a##es off!

The only day I had an issue was the first day at the mojito bar. The best bar at night is the one in the aft next to Cagneys. They also carry higher end liquors like Johnny Walker Blue. Never a wait and plenty of seating.

I've cruised Getaway twice. The pool bar can get busy. Just find the bar you'll spend most of your time at and establish a relationship with the staff. Just like back home they take care of you. Many times I'm waiting patiently and a bartender will see me and just make me a drink while making another round for people. Then pick up my card while walking by to ring it up. Then again I usually drink beer or a one liquor drink so I keep it simple too.

We were on the Getaway in May, no issues. Occasionally had a few minutes wait at Mixx bar around dinner time, but that would be expected. We don't like all the energy around the pool, so we spent our sea days at Spice H20. The bar there was a little crowded, so we got drinks at the Margaritaville bar, which is right next door, and almost always empty.

The only day I had an issue was the first day at the mojito bar. The best bar at night is the one in the aft next to Cagneys. They also carry higher end liquors like Johnny Walker Blue. Never a wait and plenty of seating.

Yes, we loved the one between Cagney's & Moderno for our pre-dinner drinks! We were usually the only ones there!

No issues getting drinks end of May at all. For some reason, the Getaway never felt crowded period that week. Except for the atrium during popular events, but even then we went upstairs and enjoyed the “balcony” view in O’Sheehans.