Other Cruise lines with great suites???

fiftyguy

Silversea, Regent, Seabourn, Sea Dream (though not so much for the cabins but for everything else). BTW often the luxury lines are no more expensive than the Haven, and sometimes even less expensive for a much nicer experience.

Disney has very nice suites and most of the same perks. However, even though their concierge level is a separate level, it does not require its own keycard to access, so there is more traffic than on the Haven deck.

Quite a bit more expensive too and no separate restaurant. For five in a one bedroom suite on the 7 night Mediterranean, DCL is coming in at $20,000, approx twice the price of Haven for a similar itinerary.

We've yet to experience MSC or the Yacht Club, but that is closest to NCL's Haven with the private restaurant, pool, and sun deck. Royal Caribbean's Oasis & Quantum class ships have good suite perks with a dedicated restaurant, sun deck, and some of their categories include "Genies", which are basically butler and concierge in one - vastly more expensive than The Haven for those Star-class suites, though. Celebrity has great suite class offerings.

Basically everyone except Carnival :-)

I really appreciate the feedback. We've only sailed NCL and might want to try another line. We have only sailed in suites over the last few years and are spoiled. I will say we like the smaller ships which makes our search a little more restrictive.

Again, thank you for the replies.

I really appreciate the feedback. We've only sailed NCL and might want to try another line. We have only sailed in suites over the last few years and are spoiled. I will say we like the smaller ships which makes our search a little more restrictive.

Penthouse suites and above on Oceania come with a butler. Ships are more adult oriented. Food is better. No special dining room for suites or special area other than an executive lounge. Dining in the specialties is included in the fare (as are port fees). The entire ship is more sedate and upscale (padded loungers at the pool,etc.) so no need for a special area.

Water and specialty coffees are included. Beverage packages are reasonably priced (gratuities included). Country club casual for dining rooms and no set dining. Buffet is casual, but has many of the same offerings as the MDR and a grill for things like lobster, lamb chops and steaks each night. Entertainment is much more limited than NCL.

The industry is definitely moving towards larger (4,000+ passenger) ships, so NCL is probably still going to be your best bet.

The smaller luxury lines definitely have what you’re looking for but the nightlife and entertainment are vastly different from NCL.

If you are talking about non haven suites, Holland America has the Neptune suite which are similar. No butler but larger rooms, larger balcony and a conceirge lounge. No dedicated restaurant but specialty restaurant for breakfast. We rent a cabana onboard for the private sun deck.

We have also been looking at azamara, they seem to have upgraded service but not as expensive as the luxury lines.

To us it depends on the itinerary. Always want a suite but not always available for the itinerary we want to take.

Celebrity has great suites. The Royal and Penthouse Suite (as well as Signature and Reflection suites) come with great amenities and inclusions. Drink Package, Wifi for 2 devices, included prepaid grats, dining at all the specialty restaurants, and onboard credit. There is a very nice private dining room - Luminai, and a private club - Michael's Club. There are no added charges (like on NCL) for the dining and drink package. The lesser suites (Sky and Celebrity) do not all the inclusions.

We love Celebrity suites. We also like NCL Haven but there is a much quieter and refined atmosphere on Celebrity.

I have done Haven on NCL, Yacht Club on MSC and a suite on Celebrity. This is my take. Celebrity suite restaurant best food. Butler about the same as NCL. Private lounge but not in an area you are dying to go to. (We were in the Summit). No private sun deck but in this cruise because it is a smaller ship we liked being where the “action” is! Great priority boarding and disembarking. We got a good price that came with bottle water and unlimited WiFi. Definitely cheaper than Haven.

MSC is a great price but I thought the food was the worst I have had in over 20 cruises. Private sundeck was great but no shade. Butler was good. It does have a different feel than the other cruise lines I have been on. I would do it again because of price but it wasn’t my favorite because of the food.

Haven is my favorite but it is expensive! So I can’t do it every year so that’s why I switch it up. Food very good but a notch below Celebrity. One butler we had was awesome and one was terrible. Love the sundeck and pool area. NCL rest of ship to me is more fun than Celebrity or MSC.

On Royal Caribbean the Grand Suites and above in Sky Class or the premium Star class suites which are mostly lofts and aft facing Aquatheater suites on Oasis and Quantum Class generally are cheaper. Basic perks across both classes are 3 meals in private dining room, free wifi, private beach area, reserved theater seating for all shows, concierge lounge access with hot/cold snacks, free wine, soda, beer throughout the day and nightly happy hour without needing drink packages. Star class gets you free truly unlimited specialty dining for all lunch and dinners and of course a Genie (Butler/Concierge rolled into one that take care of all requests). I find that the Grand Suites are cheaper than the Haven but offer more space than most Haven suites. The only thing lacking is a private pool and "courtyard" but you do get enough similar perks that make up for that if you are not a pool user.

I still like the Haven rooms but the RCL options are cheaper and worth trying out.

22 cruises and counting... while NCL has been the majority of them it is a good change of pace to sail on other lines from time to time.

If I like the suites (and perks) on NCL, which other cruise line comes closest if one wanted to try another cruise line?

Thanks for any input.

Great topic and question, one that I was wondering myself. We loved our NCL Haven experience but the current departure ports and itineraries are not the best choices for us. Thanks everyone for the information and opinions!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app