Breakaway food

blueyes1227

Hi all!

We are traveling on the 10/16 Breakaway for our honeymoon. We booked 9 specialty dining reservations and I'm a little concerned about the food in Le Bistro. Does anyone know what they offer or have a picture of the menu? Overall how is the food on the ship?

TIA!!

Hi all!

We are traveling on the 10/16 Breakaway for our honeymoon. We booked 9 specialty dining reservations and I'm a little concerned about the food in Le Bistro. Does anyone know what they offer or have a picture of the menu? Overall how is the food on the ship?

TIA!!

Just curious what your concern is?

Just Google "NCL LeBistro Menu". The menu is the same fleet wide.

Food opinions are obviously subjective but you will have no problems finding venues that you will enjoy eating at. Tons of dining options.

Enjoy.

I'm a little bit of a picky eater, and can't handle anything with spice, not that i'm aware of French food being spicy, but I like to know what I'm walking in to.. I was hoping to find a thread here with menus, but no such luck. I'll try the google search also.

i love the escargot at LeBistro and the lamb chops. none of it is spicy. in fact, ive never encountered anything on any NCL ship that was too spicy (although i LOVE spicy food so my tolerance level is high).

9 specialties is alot. We find the MDR food to be quite good. I personally would cancel LaCucina if you booked it, that's our least fave and not worth the money.

9 specialties is alot. We find the MDR food to be quite good.

I agree that the Main Dinning Room food is quite good.

Since it is the OP's honeymoon, however, she might want to book one reservation in each of the main specialty dinning offerings, which, on the Breakaway would bring her to six (seven if you include the Cirque show and dinner). If she finds a favorite she wants to return to, she could book a second reservation at that venue on board.

I have not been a fan of La Cucina in the past (Gem and Epic). I was so pleasantly surprised on the Breakaway that I went back twice. Everything I ordered was delicious. They still can't get an affogato right (not enough espresso and the gelato was icy) but the bread, steaks, angel hair pasta, polenta, salad, etc. were all really good. I was disappointed in Le Bistro, it was just sort of bland. For a break from the specialties I enjoyed the noodle bar and O'Sheehan's. I don't have the patience for the MDR.

I'm a little bit of a picky eater, and can't handle anything with spice, not that i'm aware of French food being spicy, but I like to know what I'm walking in to.. I was hoping to find a thread here with menus, but no such luck. I'll try the google search also.

French food is anything but spicy. Expect a lot of cream, butter, and herbs.

Le Bistro is great. As others have said, the full menu for any of the specialty restaurants is easy to find.

Edited by MikeBTN

Hi all!

TIA!!

Sample menus from the Breakaway can be found on https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2504449

Thank you all so much. The last time we cruised NCL, there were no MDR reservations, and I hated waiting on line for a table, so that's why we booked so many specialties. Had i known, we wouldn't have booked so many.

I don't have the patience for the MDR.

On our recent Gem sailing, we ate in the Main Dinning Rooms four times. Only once was service a bit slow. Otherwise, it was excellent.

In fact, the slowest service we received was the night we went to Le Bistro.

We think the food at Le Bistro is among the best on the ship. And if you are ever served food not to your liking in one of the sit down venues, just tell your server and they will remake it or help you find something else!

Hi all!

TIA!!

Don't know about Le Bistro on the Breakway (but I'll be on her in August) but I loved Le Bistro on the Jewel last yr. on Valentines Day. I thought the French venue seemed most "romantic" for Valentines day! The food was very good (not spicy) and the chocolate fondue dessert was delicious and romantic! The best food/dessert I had on the cruise. I recommend it!