Pan Pacific Hotel Accessibility

Mikeyto

Good Afternoon, has anyone that uses a wheelchair/scooter stayed at the Pan Pacific Hotel on top of Canada Place? My parents and I will be taking a YVR round-trip next year on the Crown and are hoping to stay here. Please let me know your experiences. Thanks!

Good Afternoon, has anyone that uses a wheelchair/scooter stayed at the Pan Pacific Hotel on top of Canada Place? My parents and I will be taking a YVR round-trip next year on the Crown and are hoping to stay here. Please let me know your experiences. Thanks!

We have stayed there twice. You will have no problems whatsoever.

How is the pool at this hotel?

We are booked for September and I'm wondering what we will can in the morning before boarding the ship, say for 2 hours 9-11 am.

Maybe it won't be warm enough to go in the pool though :/

September is usually still quite warm for Vancouver. I haven't stayed in the hotel but been there several times for work functions and work just down the street. You might be able to use the pool still it shouldn't be too chilly. Still shorts and tshirt weather here then.

Even though in my personal opinion we are well on the way to becoming a third world country we can handle wheelchairs and scooters in a decent hotel. You won't encounter any problems.

When I travelling, I found Vancouver to be one of the leaders for accessible city. Sidewalk ramps, taxi's and public transit are big examples of this. Many will thank the local "Rick Hansen" to bring awareness to the challenges.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Hansen

With regards to the hotels in general, elevators are everywhere. However a dedicated accessible room means wider doorways and bathing facilities for the mobile challenged.

I am not yet in need of accessible accommodations, but the Pan Pacific is very accessible. I want to confirm that there are elevators from the ground level to whatever level one requires and the employees of the Pan Pacific are very helpful and pleasant.

I have not used their pool, thus cannot speak to the situation there. I would imagine that there is a chair lift from poolside into the pool, if that is needed. A phone call to the hotel ought to answer that question, if it needs to be.

Best hotel I have ever stayed at before a cruise. Just an elevator ride away from the terminal. We left on 21 Sep and it was cool and rainy. We wore jeans and sweatshirts for 2 days.