Opinion on packing cubes please.

vegasgal47

Got my cubes on Amazon 3 years ago, 5 for $20 I think. Very thin. Problem is we tend to pack more when using the cubes. I organize by putting daytime t shirts and cargo pants in one, all formal wear in another Everything is made out of jersey so it makes for easy packing. Bathing suits, hats, beach cover ups in another and lingerie items fit in one.

Love my packing cubes. I have the Eagle Creek Spector cubes. Super lightweight, they’re made of parachute-like material.

When packing for a trip, I pack my cubes ahead of time. Packing day, I put them in my suitcase. They take up no extra weight or space. A couple of my cubes are compression cubes.

When I unpack my bag, I just toss the cubes in the closet. Super quick and easy.

When packing to go home, I pack dirty clothes in a cube or two, then pack the others a day or so early. The day before disembarkation, I relax and finish packing the cubes and putting them in my suitcase. Takes the stress off packing.

021754a7e63c0bca5f39e7933fd53e4a.jpg

Love my packing cubes. I have the Eagle Creek Spector cubes. Super lightweight, they’re made of parachute-like material.

When packing for a trip, I pack my cubes ahead of time. Packing day, I put them in my suitcase. They take up no extra weight or space. A couple of my cubes are compression cubes.

When I unpack my bag, I just toss the cubes in the closet. Super quick and easy.

When packing to go home, I pack dirty clothes in a cube or two, then pack the others a day or so early. The day before disembarkation, I relax and finish packing the cubes and putting them in my suitcase. Takes the stress off packing.

021754a7e63c0bca5f39e7933fd53e4a.jpg

Love the idea of putting cubes in closet! Keep the clothes more organized. I ordered some with Prime. Cant wait to get them. I leave in a week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

These are the ones I've had for 5-7 years and they look as good as new still. I've never had a problem with a zipper either. https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/packing-cubes-6pc-value-set/288518?productid=10346308

I agree! I have some of these from ebags and love them.

I had ordered some less expensive packing cubes from walmart.com to see if I liked using cubes before making more of an investment. They were of cheap quality but served their purpose. I found that I liked using them for packing.

I did some research and ordered these packing cubes from ebags. I was so impressed with the quality that I immediately ordered more. I am still using them today (years later). They are strong but yet still lightweight and quality. Money well spent.

Have packing cubes and love them.

One use I have for them is putting one in my carry on suitcase for clothing worn after I put my main suitcase out for disembarkation the night before. It means that the cell keeps those items together in one place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also use eagle creek packing cubes as well and swear by them. I use the compression cubes, but only compress for the trip home! This usually gives me enough space for anything I purchased. I also use their garment folders. It gives you a bit more space, but mostly just for organization. I think it keeps my clothes much less wrinkled. I use eagle creek brand roller space bags for bulkier items like sweaters. They are very heavy duty, easy to compress and can be re used for many trips!

Their luggage is great as well, and is designed to fit their cubes, but they would work in any luggage.

If you have not tried packing cubes yet, I think you will love them. Most packing cubes fit into the cupboard or nightstand on board the ship, and they make unpacking a breeze. It's so much easier to find the items you brought, and it eliminates that feeling of desperation when you have to dump out the contents of the entire suitcase to locate one item that seems to be "lost". They are a great way to stay organized. -- EBC

I have had my cubes for years,they are very lightweight,I find them more useful when we are on a road trip with a couple of days here and there,all shorts in one tops in another etc never unpacking the suitcase.

We took our first cruise and I wondered how useful they would be in comparison and found them just as useful,cubes straight out of the suitcase and in to the cupboard/drawers ,do not know how I managed without them,,,,,,well yes I do total chaos,”where is my.....where did you put the.....

Cheers Carole

I am a massive convert of packing cubes. It's not about space saving for me, it's about organisation and ease of unpacking. One cube can contain all your underwear, or t-shirts, or swimwear- just unzip and pop on shelf. Job done in 10 seconds that would have taken much longer if taking out each item individually to place on the shelf.

It's also useful because when the suitcase is packed, if you need to go in for something you can easily lift out the cubes, find the relevant one, remove item and pop cubes pack in. No need to rummage through the whole thing making a mess. This is especially useful when you have a husband who is guaranteed to 'need' something from the suitcase the minute it is packed.

On our honeymoon recently we did 5 different hotels and a cruise- the packing and unpacking would have been so annoying if not for the cubes. Another purpose is once a large one is empty (or pack an extra empty one), you can use this for dirty laundry.

There's a long thread on I think the NCL boards about packing cubes, and on there someone said the TSA actually love them because it makes unpacking, checking and repacking suitcases much easier.

The ones I have now are ebags and they are great. Previously I had some very cheap ones off ebay which were OK for one use but very flimsy and started to break. They barely weigh anything.

I just bought some - I bought ebags: https://www.ebags.com/hproduct/ebags/packing-cubes-6pc-value-set/288518?productid=10346312&cat=packing-aids&country=US&currency=USD&couponid=94790994&sourceid=ADWPRODUCTH&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_8vlhdyY2QIVWLjACh2x9AkEEAQYASABEgL_-PD_BwE

I have bought some travelon from Eddie Bauer fro smaller things (electronic cables, etc..). If you belong to their rewards program, you get $10 coupons all the time and I use them at the store:

http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/travelon-packing-squares---set-of-3/82203632?showProducts=111&color=152&sizetype=&size= These are sold at eBags and Amazon also. I have used the travelon quit a bit and they make larger ones also and may buy these also.

Love them! When I first bought them (@ 3 cruises ago) my wife thought I was bonkers and called them a 'stupid' idea. That was before she actually used them and realised how great they were - not just for making the most of packing the suitcase but ease of pulling them out and popping in drawers, keeping bathers, undies, casual vs dressy tops etc all organised.

Now when we go away she is the first one to ask if I’ve got the 'stupid' bags ready.....and also now buys them as gifts for travelling friends and family [emoji1][emoji1360]

P.S. They are widely available now but we have the Ebags bought on Amazon. Great quality, strong zips etc. I recently bought their 'pack it flat' toiletry bag...my favourite 'stupid' bag of all!

https://www.amazon.com/eBags-Pack-it-Flat-Toiletry-Kit/dp/B004C11192

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone use packing cubes? I'm considering buying some but wanted some opinions.

Do they save space or just organize?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My three grandchildren had no need for them. They just used the desk in the mini suite to pick out what to wear each day.

24402925028_00dfd6e780_b.jpgTheir Cabin

Howard

I love my packing cubes. I have eagle creek and Shacke Pak

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00R280UQM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518148766&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=shacke+packing+cubes&dpPl=1&dpID=51xG4-Jzs6L&ref=plSrch

One thing that I have and I don’t know how I ever lived without it is my eBags Pack-it-Flat toiletry kit.

https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/pack-it-flat-toiletry-kit/54638

I use the Ebags brand of packing cubes also. I must agree, the Pack-it-Flat toiletry kit is the best!!

Love them! Allows me to pack without having the luggage taking up space until I’m ready to put everything in there. It also allows me to take cubes out and place them in drawers/cabinets so my clothes never touch those surfaces in hotels or my cabin on the ship. No clothes busting out all over the place.

My three grandchildren had no need for them. They just used the desk in the mini suite to pick out what to wear each day.

Howard

lol Call me OCD, but that "hurts my hair" just to look at that mess! How did the cabin steward ever get around that?

I love my packing cubes. I have eagle creek and Shacke Pak

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00R280UQM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518148766&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=shacke+packing+cubes&dpPl=1&dpID=51xG4-Jzs6L&ref=plSrch

One thing that I have and I don’t know how I ever lived without it is my eBags Pack-it-Flat toiletry kit.

https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/pack-it-flat-toiletry-kit/54638

Love my packing bags! Have 2 sets both purchased 1 from Amazon & other from ebags. Both were off brands selected for #of bags in set, variety of sizes & price. They are 4 yrs old & in good condition. I use them 5-6 times a yr for both cruising & air travel. I also have 2 of the eBags Pack-it-Flat toiletry kits. I use 1 for toiletries & the other for cosmetics. Also have a jewelry organizer & laundry bag. I never have to really unpack as I can just put the bags in drawers or on shelves on a cruise. Makes packing to go home a breeze. If I have a pre/post hotel stay I can pack the items I need in a separate bag so I do not have to disturb the rest of the packed items. BTW The compressed air bags may allow you to pack more but weight is the same & you will have more wrinkling. IMHO these are best for storage, not travel.

Howard

This reminded me:

Last Christmas I bought all my grandchildren (and their parents) a set of Ebags. Everyone having a different color. My DIL can not believe how organized the kids were on the last trip. At least they could find their own clothes by themselves...They labelled each of the four cubes with ..pants, shirts, socks/undies, pj's. Great when kids and parents in the same cabin and limited space. They also brought a pop up laundry bag for dirty clothes. Anything to take the stress out of traveling with kids. I think she also labelled my son's cubes , too LOL

LOVE packing cubes! We originally got them 6 years ago for a 2 week trip to Alaska (cruise + interior on our own.) I was not paying for more than one bag per person. Each member of the family has their own 3-piece set in the color of their choice. We have since found that the medium size cube is the most helpful to us, so I've purchased more of those.

My DD studied abroad last year, and took an entire semester's worth of clothes and other stuff using packing cubes. She was still limited to the 50#, but could fit so much more into that one suitcase. She uses them all the time. In fact, we just returned from a cruise last week, and while we were packing for it, I noticed all of my medium cubes were gone. Turns out she "acquired" them while she was home for the break. I have a new shipment of medium cubes coming today. Oh, and we use the ebags ones. Did I tell you that we love them?

I’m an Aussie and picked a few sets up in Ikea a couple of years ago. I travel a lot for work and live four hours drive from the airport. I tend to stay in a hotel the night before flying and pack a cube with what I need in the morning pre flight. Means I can just grab that cube and don’t have to disturb anything else.

When I get to my destination take the cubes out, unzip, fold the top back and put them in the drawers, unpacking complete!

We do the same thing cruising.

I tried to pick up more recently at IKEA but couldn’t find them, but really only had a girls look where I ‘thought’ they were in the store. I didn’t look around though.

I thought about getting them, until I saw a set a friend had. I realized rolling clothes in jumbo zip lock bags works best for me. I use 6 bags, 6 items in each. I take long cruises, end of this month 30 days, varying climates, this works best for me.