I have no clothes

ceb65

We booked through TAP Portugal. I did not book through NCL so I doubt they will help. I will have to give up my sightseeing plans for tomorrow and go looking for clothes. We stopped at a couple stores today and the largest size was a Medium, that is what is worrying me, finding clothes that fit. This is the first time we have ever checked a bag. We always go for less than two weeks and have always managed with just carry-ons. I wanted to cross pack, but DH waited until the last minute,so I just packed my own. Of course his made it though,lol.
I am so sorry you are going thru this. Have you considered second hand stores esp in Rome ? It will help you see the city and you can donate the clothes back when yours arrive.

:)

Here is the link to the contact info to escalate your issue with TAP Portugal - from Chris Elliott’s consumer website -

http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/tap-air-portugal/

Some airlines will give you a stipend on the spot for list luggage to help with incidentals - especially if there’s no ETA for the bag, which seems to be the case here. I’m sure your priority is finding clothes, I understand - but perhaps going up the chain to the VP of customer service will help motivate them to find the bag and get it to one of your ports if it doesn’t arrive before your departure tomorrow.

So sorry! I can only imagine your frustration!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh that is awful! I feel for you! That sounds like a very upsetting experience. Hopefully your bag will show up. Perhaps the concierge at the hotel where you are staying can give you some advice on where to buy larger sized clothing. They must sell it someplace. When you get reimbursed by the airline, the clothes you buy now will become interesting "free" (in terms of cost, certainly not in aggravation) souvenirs.

Do you have trip insurance? If so then call them. Travel guard was great at helping me. They did all the tracking, one assigned contact kept me abreast and arrangements for delivery to me were made. It also helps with making a claim for items needed for purchase. Good luck.

I got into Rome last night, but my clothes did not. We are on the EPIC this Wednesday. If my suitcase doesn't show up tomorrow, I will need to buy enough clothes to get me through until May 8th. What types of shops are available on board?

I am trying to stay positive and enjoy my first trip to Italy, but this really stinks. I pretty much bought an entire new wardrobe for this trip and a new job, oh and I have an interview the next morning when I get home, and the outfit I was going to wear is in this suitcase :(

That is awful...but why wait until you are on board....not a lot of choice. You are in Rome...fashion fashion fashion....ask the hotel staff, for shopping stops and deals. Another option....order something online and try and get it same day or next day delivered to your hotel.

Edited by hi2you
more to add

We booked through TAP Portugal. I did not book through NCL so I doubt they will help.

No, contact NCL anyways. They may not be liable, but that doesn't mean they won't help. This happens often enough so they have experience and there may be some stuff they can do. If only to make it known to the airline where you will be and that the airline can send the bag to them and they'll get it to you. That takes the excuse out from the airline.

My luggage just arrived! Thank you all for your advice! I am so happy and relieved!

:') Now, that calls for a party ... dancing in the middle of Rome, maybe ??

Glad to hear & thanks for updating. Are the original (bar-coded) luggage tags still attached - maybe, you might be able to "decode" its journey, around the globe in 48 hours ?? ... airline's contracted messenger services delivered.

You are going to have quite a story to tell onboard at your CC Meet & Mingle, now go enjoy the city, do some sightseeing and get ready for sailing.

My luggage just arrived! Thank you all for your advice! I am so happy and relieved!

Glad to hear it and congrats! We are on Epic now and just left Naples 2.5 hours ago heading to You for tomorrow! We were a little late departing due to a passenger not making it back to the ship in time but the Captain announced we are good and will arrive just before 6am.

So glad your luggage arrived. When we did the Escape TA a friend that was traveling with us had her luggage not show up with us in Heathrow. Luckily we arrived on Sunday and would be in London until Wednesday morning before heading to Southampton. On Tuesday she got the call that her luggage would be delivered to our hotel later that day. I'm just glad she had packed a smaller bag with the clothing she needed for London.

Now enjoy Rome!