Changes to Bliss Panama Canal itinerary

Oceansaway17

May 10th the first one. got email from NCL only doing 5 ports instead of 6. No Manzanillo but they added Mazatlan

We were in Mazatlan last year on a Canal transit. It's charming. Plenty of info over on the Mexican Riviera board if you are looking for things to do.

We were in Mazatlan last year on a Canal transit. It's charming. Plenty of info over on the Mexican Riviera board if you are looking for things to do.

why thanks very much for your reply. I just have to get my money back for Mananzillo. oh well. But now the Bliss will do 2 of the 3 main ports of call that is Mexican Rivera out of LA. so could be good.

I sure hope they don't change the Nov 3, 2018 itinerary. I am already going to Mazatlan this upcoming week and I am looking forward to Manzanillo

you might luck out. See if you can find out the cruise port schedule of ships for that stop and then you might have your answer sooner than later. I have to get my money back now and I had a nice tour that was 7 hours with lunch. oh well

why thanks very much for your reply. I just have to get my money back for Mananzillo. oh well. But now the Bliss will do 2 of the 3 main ports of call that is Mexican Rivera out of LA. so could be good.

You're welcome. Our Canal transit last year was also our first time visiting the Mexican Riviera. We enjoyed the ports much more than we thought we would. (It did not hurt that we were in Cabo at the height of the whale migration season and had a fabulous morning on a whale watching excursion with a private tour operator.) As for Mazatlan, I highly recommend seeing the old city, and also taking a tour for a couple of hours in a pulmonia.

Enjoy the new Bliss and your cruise!

enhance

May 10th the first one. got email from NCL only doing 5 ports instead of 6. No Manzanillo but they added Mazatlan

I am on the May 10th Panama Canal cruise - still no word about the changes from NCL and MYNCL has not changed. It shows the same schedule as always. I have been wondering aboutthat

I am on the May 10th Panama Canal cruise - still no word about the changes from NCL and MYNCL has not changed. It shows the same schedule as always. I have been wondering aboutthat

Did you book with a travel agent or PCC? If so, they will get the email and inform you. I received the email directly from NCL about 2pm MST. We are not going to 2 ports (Puerto Chiaps and Manzanillo) and adding Mazatlan. I am happy about the additional sea day as there is so much to see on this ship (and we will get an OBC for our port fees for one of the ports).

Did you book with a travel agent or PCC? If so, they will get the email and inform you. I received the email directly from NCL about 2pm MST. We are not going to 2 ports (Puerto Chiaps and Manzanillo) and adding Mazatlan. I am happy about the additional sea day as there is so much to see on this ship (and we will get an OBC for our port fees for one of the ports).

Having been to Puerto Chiapas, I think a sea day would be far better!

I was already planning on making Puerto Chiapas a 'sea day at port' so no change for me :) Have you been to Mazatlan? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Yes, see my comments above (post #8 in this thread). We loved the old city, including the Cathedral with its unique stained glass windows. (It's the only Catholic church in the world with Stars of David in its windows.) For more details, I have a full blown review of our Canal cruise last year on the NCL Jewel at this link, including what we did in each of the ports:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2456255

Unfortunately, without adding an extension to your browser, you can no longer see most of my photos in that thread (Photo Bucket is holding them hostage, as it is the photos of so many others who have posted here on CC) ... I did post one above here in comment 8. And here's some of the Cathedral in Mazatlán, as well as the wonderful lunch we had sitting outdoors in one of the lovely squares in the old city, and new Mazatlán from an overlook.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

(photos by turtles06)

• 3 months later...

I booked my March 30 Bliss Panama canal through Costco. Yesterday I received an email from them:

Costco Travel has received the following itinerary change in regards to your Norwegian Bliss sailing on March 30, 2019.

April 10, 2019: The port call to Manzanillo, Mexico has been replaced with a Day at Sea.

April 11, 2019: The port call to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico has been replaced with a port call to Mazatlan, Mexico from 8:00am to 5:00pm.

April 12, 2019: The Day at Sea has been replaced with a port call to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico from 6:00am to 3:00pm.