MEET & MINGLE

blackpool belle

No P & O do not host a get together they rely on passengers doing for themselves.

You go on to P & O website and then put a message on Cruise Connections saying what cruise you are on (F420 example Adonia) and hope that others will get in touch. You then decide between yourselves which day and time and place you will all meet up.

Rex

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Blackpool Belle

I met you on the Jewel earlier this year when I was traveling with my sister Marge,I am going on P&O Auroa 18th December I posted a call for any fellow cruisers months ago and much to my disapointment have had no replies.As you know chatting before the trip and meeting aboard is so much fun and adds to the cruise experience.

Hello johardy,

Have you tried the P.O. official website.They have message board there under the banner of cruise Connections where you can ask and comment about P.O. Cruises.

Also you might consider looking at http://www.welovecruising.co.uk.This is a site on the yahoo groups section.This site is run by a P.O.fanatic who lives up in your part of the country in Cockermouth.He cruises P.O. 4 or 5 times a year,nothing else just P.O.Lots of P.O. cruisers on this site.

Hope this might help you to meet some fellow cruisers on your cruise.

Regards,

Iain

Hi Jo,

Just read your message. Nice to hear from you again. How are you and Marge doing? Wasn't you going on a cruise last month as well? or am I getting mixed up with your Christmas cruise? Have received a few e-mails from Marge & Dick (New York). In fact they are half way through a back to back cruise at the moment on board the Jewel. Happy memories of everybody. Wish it was us again on the Jewel.

hi guys,

Nice to hear from you Jo, hope you are both ok, not long till your cruise in Dec (lucky devils......) Gail & I did speak with a couple of fellow cruisers on a post cruise chit chat for a while, but it sort of died a death. Gail & I now keep in tough by email.

Gail hope you & Roger are ok.

I haven't looked on the cruise sites for ages, but I'm stuck in hospital at the moment and just last week all the rooms were fitted with the internet (how lucky are we cystic fibrosis patients), I'm able to log onto my own computer at home, so I can read my emails, buy on ebay (much to Graham's disgust) and generally keep up with the outside world. so I was just surfing arround and I stumbled on your postings.

Take care

Love

Chez.

:-)

Hi Cheryl,

Just read your message. Sorry to hear you are laid up at the moment. Do hope it will be only a short stay. Today is Rogers birthday but we are only going for a drink a bit later on as tomorrow is Rogers mum's birthday so we are taking her out for a meal. She is 81 and you just don't know what to buy her. There is nothing she needs, well apart from a new set of "pins".

Katie back from another long week-end in York with stars in her eyes. Actually just thought, I will e-mail your home address rather than bore everybody on cruise critic.

Speak to you later,

Gail

Hello Gail and Cheryl

It was great to hear from you both , I am starting the count down to my December cruise 6 weeks to go,I've realy missed the cruise critic chats, P&O passengers don't seem to look at these boards and I've not had any response to my call for any fellow passengers.Cheryl sorry to here your in hospital and hope your feeling better ,I know what you mean about ebay I had a phase myself where I bought quite a bit from the site but have been keeping off recently.Have either of you any cruises planned ?I have another two in the pipeline,Marge and I plus our other sister and 4 more friends have booked a girlie trip for May, only 4 nights Southampton,Amsterdam,Guernsey and Disney cruise in October with Marge again but we are taking husbands this time and Marges daughter ,son inlaw and granddaughters(3).Marge took her husband on his first cruise a few months ago they did the Baltic capitals and loved it, her husband is now hooked just like the rest of us.

wow you're well sorted for you holidays, I'm well impressed. Michelle came up the hospital yesterday and we were looking for next August. We saw a P&O one which went down the canaries, or an altn. one was to the med again, but went to a few ports we'd already been to, so I think the p&o one is fave, even though Graham & I have been to lisbon and vigo before, we could always stay on the ship and have it to ourselves. So our next step is to get in touch with cruise-in to get some prices.

I wonder why the p&o board is so slow, maybe it's more of an american thing to do and with p&o being an english ship, but I guess the more people know about these boards the more popular they will get. Have you joined any groups for the disney cruise yet, I bet that will be fun, where does it goes.

Yesterday one of my nurses at the hospital went on the p&o Adonia, 14 nights to the carribian, then fly back. I was sooooooooo envious.

Chezza

Hello Cheryl - please forgive me for jumping in here but just to send you a get well message. We met briefly this year on Constellation and then after the Cruise Critic get together we didn't see you again on board. Hope you will soon be up and about and booking cruises again. BTW we have also booked P & O for the Canaries next year (Artemis ex. Royal Princess - was this the one you were thinking of?)

Best wishes,

Marge M.

Marge, how nice to hear from you. how are Dave & Sian. Did you have a nice school break last week. You are right we never did see you again after the meet & mingle on the connie. We kept bumping in a few of the couples from America, but they were all on our dinning sitting, so they were often in the same places at once. We met Paula & Hubby in the Ocean Liners resturaunt one night, wow what a dinning experience, can't remember if you were going in there.

How did you like Russia. We loved it, didn't get to the department store shopping as our guide said that one was a bit dangerous and took us to some arcade, but we couldn't buy anything as they didn't take dollars etc. She did take us to some "off licence" type store and we bought lots of chocs etc and russian vodka.

We loved copenhagen and wished we had done the cruise the week before ours as it went to Tallin and stayed overnight in Copenhagen. Our waiter was great and both Michelle & I are still in touch with him via the ships email, it is just sailing down to the caribean now after doing the Newyork run for several weeks.

Unfortunately we won't be on the same cruise next year, as we are bound by Michelle's working withing a school for the hols (having said that what date does your ship sale). We have been looking at two Aurora and a Sea princess one.

When I get out of hospital and get back to work (docs been round today and hopefully wed for big homecomming day), I will put my works phone no. on the board then I can exchange email address with both you & Jo, (that's if you'd like to).

Hi to everyone else, and hope you all had a good weekend.

Chez

Hello again Chez - yes would love your e-mail if you can organise that. Hope you're feeling OK. It's lovely to hear from you.

We did enjoy Constellation very much - all of the places were brilliant and loved them all. St. P was extremely interesting. We went to the ballet in the evening and it was gorgeous - we would recommend anyone to do that. Dave enjoyed it very much too!!!Sian had a nasty insect bite and had to go to the ship's hospital a couple of times for treatment as her leg swelled badly etc etc but they were very good and looked after her well. It didn't spoil the holiday but she just had to take it easy for 2/3 days.

Yes we did get to Ocean Liners - what an experience! We were thoroughly spoilt.

Will sign off now hoping Graham & Michelle are well - get them to look after you, (I'm sure they do.)

BTW our cruise is dated the 24th August - my school goes back later than most so that's perhaps why it wouldn't fit in for you.

Take care,

Marge.

Would love to keep in touch, cann't think why we didn't exchange email addresses when we were on board,hope your out of hospital now and feeling better ,I spoke to my sister last night and told her we'd been in touch she sends her love,I am going down to visit her 19th November to have what I call the pretend christmas,as we will be away for christmas we get together and have a christmas with them early,we have the meal,play games and open our presents it's just like christmas day then two weeks after that we do it all again with my husbands family and after all that we still have the real christmas on the ship!

Hi Jo, just a quick message to say have a great pre-xmas day. Just got out of hossie yesterday and the dam computers there went down for over a week so couldn't get on line.

Back at work next week hopefully as still doing home i.v. drugs, but was desperate to get out of that hossie bed, so agreed to do another week at home.

Have a great time......

Chez

Pleased to hear your out of hospital, it must of been boring for you with no computer to use.

I'm heading down to Marges tomorrow all being well, the weather up hear has turned quite bad today ,no snow in Penrith yet but have heard reports on the radio that the road we take to scotch corner has snow and it can get blocked ! but I'll worry about that tomorrow,I spent £30 on cumberland sausage to take with me it would be a shame to waste all that.Take it easy over the weekend and get strong for more cruising next year.

Thanks for the good wishes. I do hope you get away to Marge's otherwise you will be sick of the sight of sausages at meal times, (how many dishes are there you can make with sausage).

Whilst i've been at home "recovering" I been actively looking for our holiday for next year, were looking at a cruise to the Azores & Canaries next August, with my sister & family, we just normally book with cruse-in, but as i've had time on my hands (and strick instructions not to do any housework - thats mums for you), I've contacted 2 other travel agents, one being cruise control (who are based in America, even though I dialed an english number) and they have come back to me with a price of £46 cheaper, who do you use for your "many" cruises. I always thought we got a good deal from cruise in, but never bothered to check elsewhere, as my sister & I always book there.

Speak to you soon.

Chez

• 2 weeks later...

Had agreat time last weekend although it was cold we didn't see any snow after all.Today my friend and I are going for our yearly pamper day we have one each year as a chritmas treat to ourselves we have two beauty treatments, lunch and use the leisure club we are realy chilled at the end of it and can bearly make our way home.

Back to cruising I mainly use Cruise Options,Atlantis Cruising or Save n Sail but I'm not loyal to any it depends who has the best price Cruise Options always seem to be able to beat any price quotes I've already had.

Am I right in thinking you have been on the Aurora before ? do you remember if they have english electric sockets in the cabin ?

Hi Jo,

You may be tucking into your turkey as I am posting this message. Wishing you and Marge an early "Happy Christmas". Think of us all here in England on Christmas day probably shivering and also running myself ragged. There will be 12 of us for Christmas dinner with my sister and I doing the cooking. (Making sure I have plenty of Alka Seltzer on stock) Not long now to your cruise. Did you get any takers for meeting up on board? Whether you did or didn't no doubt you will have a fab time.

All the best,

Gail.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like your going to be busy over christmas, we have started the countdown only 4 more days at work then 22 days of chilling out, what bliss, I did my last bit of shopping yesterday (I always like to buy some last minute outfits) then went to a tree lighting ceremony at the hospice,myself and a small group of friends held a fundraising event in the summer for them we raised £2,360 I think it's terrible that places like these have to rely so much on donations and fund raising when there is such a need for them.I'll get off my soap box now and wish you a very enjoyable and blessed christmas time.

much love Jo

hi Jo, hope I'm not too late to wish you a happy christmas and best wishes for 2005 and more importantly have a great cruise and let us know all about it when you get back.

I haven't been on line for ages as my laptop has been playing up, Graham's been off work for a couple of days with flu so he's had time to fix it for me.

Gail will email you shortly.

chez

Good to hear from you and many thanks for your good wishes,only one more day at work, this will proably be my last look on the internet before we leave.

Wishing you an enjoyable and blessed christmas, will be in touch in the new year.

Jo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Jo, Firstly a happy new year to you.......

How was the christmas cruise, I bet you are so glad that you're not on the ship now, we sort of know how those people are feeling from when our Millie cruise was cancelled 4 days before we were due to join in Barcelona 2 years ago, not quite the same though as ours was just for two weeks not 3 months.

We just had last week off work and went in a Villa at the De'vere hotel in Hexham, it was a nice week.

As promised my works telephone no is 01132 778211, I start at 11.00 and finish at 17:45, give me a call and I will give you my email address.

Chez

• 1 month later...

Hey what's going on here, no messages since January and it's March tomorrow:eek:

Hope everybody has survived the "big freeze". Luckily we have had no snow at all in Blackpool but certainly cold enough to get brass monkeys worried:D

It was the last chance to get something booked up today at discount prices. All the cruise sites/adverts say that as from 1st March the prices start to go up. Why:confused: . I've never seen the logic in that. Surely as a cruise gets to sail date it would be better to drop the price to fill the ship rather than charge full brochure price with no takers.

Still holding out for the Arcadia. If that proves unsuccessful we would like to try Cologne/Amsterdam/Paris by rail. Been looking on Octopus Travel. Really good prices.:)

Archived