Tour Company To Build Your Own Tour

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Uxmal is 2 hour drive each way from the port. Keep that in mind. You will want at least an hour if not 2 hours to really enjoy it, also. That leaves you very little time to do other activities. Just my opinion as I have been there. Incredible place, but not lots of time for adding on.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 9:04 PM, MississippiMom said:

So glad that I just came across this thread.  Lawson’s might just be what we need, since we are looking for a tour that goes at the slower speed of my 81 year old parents.

I'm in the same situation....75 yr old mom with bilateral knee replacements really wants to see the Mayan ruins.  So really want to make it happen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, divinmule said:

I'm in the same situation....75 yr old mom with bilateral knee replacements really wants to see the Mayan ruins.  So really want to make it happen. 

We wound up booking with Lawson’s, and I am REALLY hoping it works out the way it is planned.  There are a total of 9 of us, who will be traveling to Uxmal.  That ruins visit will be at my parents’ pace.  After that, we will be visiting the nearby chocolate museum, so the kids in the group have some fun, too.  🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

We wound up booking with Lawson’s, and I am REALLY hoping it works out the way it is planned.  There are a total of 9 of us, who will be traveling to Uxmal.  That ruins visit will be at my parents’ pace.  After that, we will be visiting the nearby chocolate museum, so the kids in the group have some fun, too.  🙂

Exactly the tour we booked. Just be sure to communicate your speed preference in advance so the guide is well aware of any limitations.  They bring coolers of water along for the drive.  We paid extra at the pier to get a taxi and get to the meeting point even faster than waiting for the bus, but this is probably not strictly necessary.  The Uxmal site is large but not as large as Chichen Itza and we were able to cover it and climb up whichever structures we wanted to (there is a really tall, steep one that my husband climbed but my daughter and I just watched!) in the available time, plus get through the Choco Museum and still made it back aboard about an hour before "all-aboard" time.  However, we did not stop for lunch or along the drive either way.  Our driver/guide was Jesus Barerra but all the guides are apparently very good. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

• Thanks 1

We were VERY pleased with our private tour through Lawson’s Yucatan Excursions.  Raul was our guide and Martin was our driver to Uxmal and Choco-Story.   I can’t say enough good things about how well they worked with accommodating our group of nine - ages 8 through 82.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

We were VERY pleased with our private tour through Lawson’s Yucatan Excursions.  Raul was our guide and Martin was our driver to Uxmal and Choco-Story.   I can’t say enough good things about how well they worked with accommodating our group of nine - ages 8 through 82.

This is great news; I am glad to hear you had the same great experience we did. I can see how the customized attention is well worth it for a tour with diverse needs rather than a large hoard all trying to follow the set pace of a standard excursion. Thank you for coming back to share this feedback.  I hope you enjoyed the ship as well and the convenience of the departure port you chose.

Might consider a short review of them over on the Progresso site page? I should have done that myself, but alas did not think of it at the time.  I did write an extensive review of them on the other site mentioned, however.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 1:15 PM, KmomChicago said:

This is great news; I am glad to hear you had the same great experience we did. I can see how the customized attention is well worth it for a tour with diverse needs rather than a large hoard all trying to follow the set pace of a standard excursion. Thank you for coming back to share this feedback.  I hope you enjoyed the ship as well and the convenience of the departure port you chose.

Might consider a short review of them over on the Progresso site page? I should have done that myself, but alas did not think of it at the time.  I did write an extensive review of them on the other site mentioned, however.

I have not had the chance to stop and write reviews, but plan on tackling that before the end of this month.  I know how much I appreciate people taking the time to share their experiences, and I would like to return that favor.

• Like 1