Fort St Catherine’s Beach

df5250

Hi has anyone been to Fort St Catherine’s beach lately? I am wondering about whether or not the construction is still on going? Also thoughts on whether or not it impacted your beach experience?

TIA!

Debbie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am also wondering about this beach. Are there amenities, like chairs and umbrellas for rent? Restrooms? Thanks for any information!!

There are no amenities there now. No chairs, no umbrellas, and no restrooms. There is ongoing construction in the area of a new hotel.

• 4 weeks later...

Also would like comments from anyone who has been to this beach in the past few weeks. Have been to Bermuda many times and explored numerous beaches, but for some reason never made it to Fort St Catherines Beach yet. Will be in Bermuda next week and trying to think of a new beach to visit. Is it still worth visiting or does the ongoing construction ruin the experience?

• 2 weeks later...

we were just there last week. The new condos are not up yet... They were still working on the foundation it looked like. Less noise than expected so the construction didn't really detract from a nice day at the beach.

we were just there last week. The new condos are not up yet... They were still working on the foundation it looked like. Less noise than expected so the construction didn't really detract from a nice day at the beach.

Glad you had a nice day. Thank you for an posting an update on the actual current situation there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
These condos are not finished yet but this rendering is what St. Catherine’s beach at Gates Bay will look like when completed. (spring 2121) The condos were put on the market today.

348b06cbcc336f46c2034d90bef359cc.jpg

I was just asking on another thread about progress and noticed this posting. A little sad to see how developed it will be one day with hotel and condo cause one of my best moments in 2017 was swimming on that beach and watching my family run around the fort. Construction was just beginning and we knew one day this area would not look the same and as serene.

I was there last week (Wednesday). Construction is barely happening. As seems to be the case for all construction in Bermuda, it moves at a snail's pace with seemingly only 2 or 3 workers on site at a time. It didn't detract from the beach experience at all.

There's a restaurant there now called "Blackbeard's hideout" so to some degree there are "amenities" in that you can eat and go to the bathroom.

If you like this beach I would go now because I'm sure the experience will be significantly different once the construction is complete and that beach is being used by people who are staying in the housing being built there.

I was there last week (Wednesday). Construction is barely happening. As seems to be the case for all construction in Bermuda, it moves at a snail's pace with seemingly only 2 or 3 workers on site at a time. It didn't detract from the beach experience at all.

It is best to have a healthy dose of skepticism about any projected completion dates for Hotel projects in Bermuda. Not unknown for construction to stop and be abandoned. The slow progress you report makes me somewhat skeptical it will be completed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk