When Do You Do This...

geocruiser

But, do you trust your local gas station attendant or waiter?

Being from NJ, I actually have a gas station attendant. [emoji618][emoji618][emoji618]. I always trust any waiter that gets me a bone dry martini [emoji483][emoji483][emoji483]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t have to decide between oceanview and balcony!

Or spending money for a specialty restaurant when you already paid for dinner in the dining room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And the food and service in the MDR was better than any specialty restaurant now. The first balcony I had was on the original Crown and it was about a foot wide, you had just enough room to step out and lean on the rail.

I think Oregon is the same way.

Yes in Oregon the attendant has to pump the gas. I was visiting there a few years ago and stopped at a gas station to refill the car. When I got out and grabbed the pump handle, the attendant let me know that was not legal.

In answer to the OP, yes, I fill out the information soon after booking but not quite as fast as the OP. However by the end of a week, it is filled out. As for printing out the boarding pass, I usually accomplish this about 4 weeks or so before we sail along with all the other documents needed like hotel reservations etc.

I always feel weird when I travel and an attendant pumps the gas. Like I shouldn’t just sit there.

Riding in any vehicle without seat belts make me feel the same way.

I fill out the cruise personalizers for myself and my husband as soon as we get the booking summary from our travel agent. We usually book cruises very close to or slightly after final payment date; however, for the first time we booked a cruise departing a year and a half from now. This is a cruise departing December 2019! But, that did not deter me from filling out the cruise personalizers already!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

i normally sail Royal Caribbean and they used to allow you to do your Online check in immediately, now they switched to 90 days out and would prefer to do it as soon as I can. Daughter & I will be cruising next March and liked the ability of being able to fill out our information right away for our Emerald cruise.

I always feel weird when I travel and an attendant pumps the gas. Like I shouldn’t just sit there.

Actually, don't feel bad. It's a job that wouldn't exist otherwise. Plus it's so nice not having to get out of your car in bad weather.

Every time the issue comes up to permit self service (from the oil companies of course), the outcry against it has won out. I'm hoping that continues.

When I was young I pulled into the gas station and the attendants jumped into action. They checked my oil, checked my water, checked the pressure in my tires, washed my windshield, and pumped the gas. I always got mid-grade (I had my grandfather's credit card :o) and paid 24 cents per gallon. Regular was cheaper and sometimes available for 19 cents per gallon if there was a "gas war" going on. They even gave me Green Stamps or Blue Chip Stamps that could be redeemed for gifts. (I gave those to my grandmother.) These days it feels weird when I'm in Oregon and have to sit while someone pumps my gas. (I actually know someone who once said, "If gas ever gets to 50 cents a gallon I'll just quit driving!" The odd thing is that he was true to his word and hasn't driven for many years.)