QM2 Specific Questions

CynthiaRI

Only 2 weeks to go till our first QM2 and Cunard experience! I have a few questions I was hoping the group would be able to help answer.

1. In another thread, I've heard people state they are able to order room service on embarkation day. Does anyone know the specific times that room service is available?

2. We are planning to skip dinner in Britannia on the first night so we can be on deck for the departure. (We have the early sitting.) I know that there are special dinners in Kings Court in the evening. Is the regular buffet still available as well?

3. On average, how early will we need to leave our luggage out the night before disembarkation?

4. For those who have utilized kids club, have you tipped at the end of your voyage? If so, how do you decide whom to tip? Just curious on this one!

Thanks for your help!

1. Not sure about this as we have never used it so early on in our voyage. Not before departure I would imagine.

2. Yes, every night.

3. Last week it was midnight, sometimes it’s 11pm - for the last piece of luggage.

4. Not used personally, but I would think hand it in at the Club on the last day. I am sure they would pool tips.

Have a great time.

I recommend to do self-help disembarkation. This will save you from searching for your bags at the terminal. Also you can keep your suitcases in the cabin and don't need to repack for the last night.

Why don't you have a word with the Maitre D' and see if they can accommodate you on the second sitting for one night?

Luggage needs to be out by midnight (maybe 11 PM) on the night before disembarkation if you're not doing self-disembarkation.

Only a small section of Kings Court is given over to specialty dining, leaving plenty of room for buffet dining.

Leaving from New York? If departure is on time you might pass under the Verrazano Bridge before 6 PM. You can arrive a little late on the first night (certainly up to 6:15 or so) without disrupting service too significantly.

Cynthia,

I think we've all been following along as you've been preparing for your trip. So many GOOD questions. Please report back afterwards!

- Mark

Thanks! I think! :-) Needless to say, we're a little excited about this trip! With so many variables with 4 kids and my mom, I need to plan as much as possible ahead of time. So I am able to relax when I'm there!

Yes, it was meant as a compliment. Your questions have always been well-considered. Perhaps that's what I've enjoyed most - watching you pull together the trip through the way your questions developed.

Bon voyage!

Mark