Amenities in Mini Suites

stevenr597

We do know that Princess, like many of the other cruise lines, has a shampoo and body wash dispenser in the shower area. Do Mini Suites provide Shampoo, Body Wash, and Conditioners in the standard dispenser, or in upscale bottles like many hotels.

We have done a mini suite only once.

I did not think that the shampoo/conditioner was any different to the other rooms. We don't use it so I don't use so I don't know how good it is.

It is on the wall of the shower along with the body wash.

I think the towels were different to the other rooms but a didn't think they were all that fluffy.

You will get a tube of hand cream that I find great. Same as the other rooms.

We do know that Princess, like many of the other cruise lines, has a shampoo and body wash dispenser in the shower area. Do Mini Suites provide Shampoo, Body Wash, and Conditioners in the standard dispenser, or in upscale bottles like many hotels.
All cabins on all Princess ships, regardless of type, provide body wash, combination shampoo/conditioner and bar soap. No extra amenities in mini-suites (excepting Club Class) other than a glass of (bad) sparkling wine for sailaway.

The mini suites are listed as having upgraded bathroom amenities, but no such amenities exist. At least not on the Regal Princess.

The easiest way to think of a mini-suite (not Club Class) is that it is a big room. The toiletries are the same junk as in the regular cabins.

If you stay in a full suite, you are not going to get the dispensers on the wall with the shower gel and combination shampoo/condition.

You will get them all in separate bottles from the Lotus Spa and they will keep supplying them through out the cruise. Seems like there is also lotion provided too, as the first day there was a spa bag will all of this, some washing sponge, and a couple other things.

33113018736_885b369dea_z.jpgP1060500 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

I always say that the mini suite description should not have the word 'suite" in it. :rolleyes:
I agree. The equivalent cabins on P&O ships that are the same as the grand class and royal class on Princess such as Britannia are called superior deluxe balcony cabins and not mini suites.

However you do get a bottle of champagne and box of chocs, upgraded toiletries, bathrobes and slippers and canapes a couple of times on P&O in this category but nothing much extra on Princess in a mini suite which is disappointing.[emoji852]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

I agree. The equivalent cabins on P&O ships that are the same as the grand class and royal class on Princess such as Britannia are called superior deluxe balcony cabins and not mini suites.

However you do get a bottle of champagne and box of chocs, upgraded toiletries, bathrobes and slippers and canapes a couple of times on P&O in this category but nothing much extra on Princess in a mini suite which is disappointing.[emoji852]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

I think you might be missing some of this somehow on Princess. We get canapes every formal night (you do need to fill out the form the day before indicating which ones you want). We always have robes and have asked for slippers.

I think you might be missing some of this somehow on Princess. We get canapes every formal night (you do need to fill out the form the day before indicating which ones you want). We always have robes and have asked for slippers.

You might get these things in the Club Class Mini Suite. I could be wrong, but my understanding is the OP was asking about a Mini Suite, not Club Class.

You might get these things in the Club Class Mini Suite. I could be wrong, but my understanding is the OP was asking about a Mini Suite, not Club Class.

We won't pay for the Club Class as we are elite and the only perk is the food. Just not worth it to us.

My comment was relative to a MB (MA are now mostly M1s except on the Royal class) mini suite.

I think you might be missing some of this somehow on Princess. We get canapes every formal night (you do need to fill out the form the day before indicating which ones you want).

That is an elite benefit, not a mini-suite benefit.

We won't pay for the Club Class as we are elite and the only perk is the food. Just not worth it to us.

My comment was relative to a MB (MA are now mostly M1s except on the Royal class) mini suite.

When you get a club class mini suite you are getting location and great dining

We sailed in a Mini-Suite on Majestic Princess last summer (our only one so far). I definitely enjoyed the additional room and the bathtub--not so much for the tub, but having all that room to shower was luxurious! That said, I had also expected "upgraded" bathroom amenities, but they were the same as we get in balcony and inside cabins. Aside from the extra space you would expect for a mini suite, the only thing additional we received were the 2 glasses of really bad champagne, warm. The robes might have been better than we've had in the past, but I chalked that up to the ship only being a few weeks old. We did not have club class.

If you are unhappy with the wall mounted shampoo and conditioner you can ask your cabin steward to provide individual bottles. I have some problems with skin allergies and Princess has been more than willing to do this for me. We have sailed in mini suites both with and without club class. Other than the option of having club class, I think a balcony room is just as good as a mini suite.

I asked our steward about the upgraded bathroom amenities, and even showed him the verbiage on the website, but nothing ever became of it. Princess either needs to correct the room description or start providing the upgraded amenities as described.

No benefits.

They are in a dispenser. I say use with caution, if you want all natural oils stripped from your hair then knock your self out otherwise take your own, your hairdresser and pocket book will thank you.