Pearl Seas Cuba 2017 Cruise...How was it?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:29 AM.
Alabama
970 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Originally posted by juliasurgent
@Ken,
That's great! I will be interested in your experience, as we've never been on Oceania before (being relatively new to cruising).

Twice on Pearl Seas, though! Once on Royal Caribbean to Alaska. Love the small ships.
We've been on Oceania cruises twice and have a few more booked in the coming few years. The two things I can say about Oceania is that their main focus is on FOOD and they cater to adults. Simply put, if you bring children along, it will be up to you to entertain them as they have no children facilities onboard. But if you love to eat quality food, whether you enjoy eating in the MDR, their specialty restaurants of which there is no extra charge, or at their buffet where you can have steak and lobster every night if you'd like, you definitely want to check out Oceania. In addition as they now have 6 ships, their itineraries are getting a lot more inyteresting.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Previous Cruises
HAL (9), Celebrity (2), Oceania (2), Crystal (2), Princess (2), RCI (2), Disney (1)
Future Cruises
2017 Celebrity (Canary Islands/TA) - NCL (Caribbean)
2018 HAL (Antarctica) - Oceania (Cuba) - Oceania (Baltic/Iceland) - Oceania (Mediterranean/TA)
2019 Celebrity (Caribbean) - Crystal (Southeast Asia)
Maryland
4,993 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Thank you for the information. We're going to Cuba in December, so I'm trying to find out as much as I can.

Oceania is a great line, by the way.....love the size, service, food, itineraries, etc.
Chicago suburbs
99 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Just booked a last minute December sailing on the Pearl Mist after our Cuban adventure on the Aegean Odyssey was canceled last Thursday. As my husband and I discovered this cruise company while googling our options, I would appreciate being brought up to speed by Cruise Critic members who have sailed with Pearl Seas to Cuba in 2017.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
PAST CRUISES:
Aegean Odyssey - South Africa - Christmas 2015
NCL Pride of America - Hawaii - January 2015
Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - Christmas 2012
Aegean Odyssey thru the Greek Isles from Athens to Istanbul - September 2012
Crystal Cruises' Serenity from Miami to LA via the Panama Canal - January 2012
Viking River Cruises on the Nile - February 2010
Viking River Cruises' Legend sailing the Rhine & Danube from Amsterdam to Budapest - September 2009
Viking River Cruises' St. Petersburg to Moscow - May 2005
Viking River Cruises' Century Star along the Yangtze River from Wuhan to Yichang China - September 2004
Intrav's Yorktown Clipper's Repositioning cruise along the Inside Passage from Seattle WA to Juneau AK - May 2003
Intrav's Yorktown Clipper from Vancouver BC to the San Juan Islands and return - September 2002
Oceanic's The Big Red Boat from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas and return - July 1987

LOOKING AHEAD TO:
Pearl Mist - Cuba - December 2017