Our MAGICal B2B with a side of ELATION cruises (with pics) - 10/7/17.

Jamman54

I really enjoyed reading your review of the Elation as we will be on this ship this coming weekend. Can you tell me if with the changes they have made is there still a walking/running track on this ship? I thought I read somewhere that the track was taken out and replaced with something else, but can't remember where I read that at. Thanks for any information you may have.

Glad you enjoyed the review. There is no more jogging track. It was replaced with the Grand Deck cabins, mini golf, and the bocce ball court. :cool:

We will be sailing with you next April on the Conquest! Can’t wait to meet you guys!

That will be fun. What date are you sailing? :cool:

Jeff,

Thank you, and Patti too, for taking the time (and pictures) for another wonderful Jamman review, I always enjoy reading them and they always help with the cruise withdrawals. In our case, it's been two years but we did get to Hawaii for two weeks this past September to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Hawaii was nice and post card beautiful, but my husband and I both love beaches and the water and Hawaii's beaches are much different than those in the Caribbean. Pretty to look at but not the best for swimming and snorkeling. I enjoyed it, but at the same time, I really missed the Caribbean, so we're hoping to cruise again in 2019 with some friends, also CC members, and who knows, maybe even in 2018. We tend to book cruises 3 months out and sooner.

Thanks for coming along for the ride once again! Hope you get to cruise in 2018 and do one of your great reviews. We will be cruising to Hawaii in 2019. We are really looking forward to that one. :cool:

Thank you Jeff and Patti for your wonderful review ,I have really enjoyed following you from day one and giving me some ideas when we reach our destinations next year , you are so informative in every thing you do , I will miss my read each night and I hope I can catch your next review on your next trip in April 2018 .

Thanks for reading and your kind words. We'll be back at it again in five months! :D

Thanks Jeff, for another great review. As always - a great balance of words and wonderful pictures that gives the reader/viewer a sense of being there with the two of you. Thanks for taking the time to write the reviews, they're always an interesting and informative read. But now it's over and I'll have to find something else to do... I've put off the laundry long enough.

Thank you for sharing all these wonderful pictures & your experience. The husband & I (& his family) are headed out on the Magic on the 30th! Glad to have some more insight about that ship. Then the hubs and I just booked another cruise for Nov of next year on the Elation! So glad I got to read about that too. =)

Thanks Jeff, for another great review. As always - a great balance of words and wonderful pictures that gives the reader/viewer a sense of being there with the two of you. Thanks for taking the time to write the reviews, they're always an interesting and informative read. But now it's over and I'll have to find something else to do... I've put off the laundry long enough.

Thanks so much for the kind words. It is why we continue to do these reviews. Now get that laundry done! :D

Bravo, Jeff, Bravo! Thanks again for another awesome review. I did that exact Paradise itinerary out of Tampa last year, and I’m looking forward to seeing what she looks like post dry-dock.

Until April! :cool:

Megan

Thank you so much Megan! You can be sure that we will cover her completely. :cool:

Thank you for sharing all these wonderful pictures & your experience. The husband & I (& his family) are headed out on the Magic on the 30th! Glad to have some more insight about that ship. Then the hubs and I just booked another cruise for Nov of next year on the Elation! So glad I got to read about that too. =)

Thanks for reading. I hope you find them helpful for your next two cruises. Bon Voyage! :cool:

Thank you for sharing another great review! I wish I was at HMC right now after seeing the pictures! One of my favorite ports also!

Thanks for taking the ride with us. :cool:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We can't wait for the Paradise in April. I will be looking forward to seeing her post dry dock. Hope you and Patti are doing well.

Jim and Pat

Thanks guys! Now that the review is over the real planning begins for April. I will be in touch! :D

I just expanded your signature and realize that we will be sailing to Bermuda together in October. Whoot Whoot!!

Cool!!! See you at the Red Frog Rum Bar. :D

This is so awesome, I think I have another review I need to catch up on. When one looses excitement or energy to looking forward to, your reviews shine with the top folks here making it all plan able and relaxing, covering a lot of ground at a leisure pace and documenting it for us all. The tips one picks up are invaluable as well as the trip by vicarious enjoying...you are loved and so appreciated because if you don't go that often and as I age i get just a tiny bit scared again,..then I feel my travel feet again and pampered adventure a calling at the perfect doable pace and so many new places seem fabulous in the mostly new to me tropics side....hey...I am a 10/20 as well??!! Was that Patti's Day?? Thanks so much... you sure are loyal and honest with Carnival...thanks for helping them help us all go at any level on all ships!! Love to you..K for sweet Kevin...Sarah

On page 18 on this one so will just say,,,,so neat to me you did the newer ship and the Redone Older one..can not wait to get there because I LOVED the Paradise on a 1a inside, ....so I know I would like it all...happy planning on next one..ok back to your review...gotta get to bed by 12..lol... the menus looked full of enough variety you enjoyed as well...thanks so for posting. So glad to see those cold fruit soups...they seem like such decadence to me. I could have that for my Birthday Dessert with one for fridge for the following AM..happy planning your next...again..prayers, good thoughts, Merry Christmas..Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Well how about 3 comments in a row!!! I just had to give up at 1:30 am..remember I said bed at 12 and....get up at 5:30 to finish. I fell in LOVE with the Elation,,,servicing and polishing the older wonderful whimsical decor and adding to the ship with these new venues and keeping the best of some favorites..in dining. The cabins are beautifully redone..I have liked the pics always of decor in Elation and Paradise the best...all new or polished and resurfaced in many ways keeping those cool Fantasy atrium's..LOVE the now "smaller ships" even though my big ship so fat I love too...Star Princess when new. I have a wonderful Enrique lover pen pal in Jackson so much put that area on list. Thank you for your fabulous trip and tips on ways to do it. I love how much you work in , but in a sane relaxed manner...I love your seeing so many resorts and all inclusive ideas..after you see some special Island things...that is great. Your whole trip looked fabulous and just as excited for all ships and all classes again...thank you, you both are looking fabulous and sincerely relaxed. Thanks so much...one day I hope to be on a ship with you and thanks for reminding us of our pictures. I love the new organization here..have a wonderful plan phase for the next ones..they sound fabulous...Sarah

Wow - great, great review all around. Can't wait to read your reviews for the April sailings. Thank you so much for all the effort you put into writing. It is much appreciated.

Thank you so much for reading and for your kind words! :cool:

Well how about 3 comments in a row!!! I just had to give up at 1:30 am..remember I said bed at 12 and....get up at 5:30 to finish. I fell in LOVE with the Elation,,,servicing and polishing the older wonderful whimsical decor and adding to the ship with these new venues and keeping the best of some favorites..in dining. The cabins are beautifully redone..I have liked the pics always of decor in Elation and Paradise the best...all new or polished and resurfaced in many ways keeping those cool Fantasy atrium's..LOVE the now "smaller ships" even though my big ship so fat I love too...Star Princess when new. I have a wonderful Enrique lover pen pal in Jackson so much put that area on list. Thank you for your fabulous trip and tips on ways to do it. I love how much you work in , but in a sane relaxed manner...I love your seeing so many resorts and all inclusive ideas..after you see some special Island things...that is great. Your whole trip looked fabulous and just as excited for all ships and all classes again...thank you, you both are looking fabulous and sincerely relaxed. Thanks so much...one day I hope to be on a ship with you and thanks for reminding us of our pictures. I love the new organization here..have a wonderful plan phase for the next ones..they sound fabulous...Sarah

Hey Sarah! I was wondering where you were. It's always great to have you along for the ride! ;p

Thank you for probably the greatest review I've ever read here. Glad you had a mostly great time, and Patti is a fantastic photographer! Yours were pretty good too, Jeff, especially considering you had the cheaper camera.

Now I just have to wait for my turn in September 2018 on the Conquest in our aft wrap balcony. If I ever happen to meet you, I owe you a drink, hopefully at Red Frog pub. ;p

Hey Sarah! I was wondering where you were. It's always great to have you along for the ride! ;p

Ahh thanks so much, thanks to you in the last 24 -36 I have been remembering I like older repeated places and ships as well a newer ones and I have been feeling vicariously a months trip enjoying every bit of it !:D

You got me overly wordy and incoherent again due to the bliss factor. Your words and Patti's pics and your pics too and all the details..a true labor of love and if on a ship with you I owe you one of the red whatever kind of beers...lol. Thanks so much for you and yours.:)

Is the Cabana Check-In new? We were at HMC 2 years ago and had rented a Cabana. We got to the island and went straight to our Cabana. We are going back to HMC the second week of January and have a Cabana booked again and want to make sure of the protocol. Thanks!!

We are happy to be back at Half Moon Cay once again…..

IMG_8010-X2.jpg

I get in line to check in for our cabana…..

IMG_8017-X2.jpg

IMG_8026-X2.jpg

After you check in you can be shuttled to your cabana if you want. Being that our cabana is fairly close, I choose to walk. In the meantime Patti is off taking pictures. This is the Rumrunners Bar…..

IMG_8014-X2.jpg

IMG_8013-X2.jpg

IMG_8012-X2.jpg

To be continued…….

Thank you for probably the greatest review I've ever read here. Glad you had a mostly great time, and Patti is a fantastic photographer! Yours were pretty good too, Jeff, especially considering you had the cheaper camera.

Now I just have to wait for my turn in September 2018 on the Conquest in our aft wrap balcony. If I ever happen to meet you, I owe you a drink, hopefully at Red Frog pub. ;p

Thanks for reading and your kind words! Guess you'll have to tune into our Conquest review. :D Enjoy your aft wrap. They are awesome cabins. Looking forward to sharing a TFR with you sometime in the future! :cool:

Is the Cabana Check-In new? We were at HMC 2 years ago and had rented a Cabana. We got to the island and went straight to our Cabana. We are going back to HMC the second week of January and have a Cabana booked again and want to make sure of the protocol. Thanks!!

We've always checked in, but it probably isn't necessary. Just a quick signature. Don't know if the snacks are delivered in the order that you check in. Only takes a few minutes. That line moves really quickly. :cool:

Ahh thanks so much, thanks to you in the last 24 -36 I have been remembering I like older repeated places and ships as well a newer ones and I have been feeling vicariously a months trip enjoying every bit of it !:D

You got me overly wordy and incoherent again due to the bliss factor. Your words and Patti's pics and your pics too and all the details..a true labor of love and if on a ship with you I owe you one of the red whatever kind of beers...lol. Thanks so much for you and yours.:)

Thanks again Sarah. Patti and I would love to see you onboard with us one day! :cool: