French Door Interior Cabins PRIDE

nremtb90

Has anyone booked a french door interior on the PRIDE? My last cruise on the PRIDE we did an extended balcony and never went out side. I have done a regular interior before and enjoy the darkness but would also like to see outside of our cabin?

Sailed these cabins on some of her sisters.

Get a cabin between the lifeboats for a bit of a view. These cabins won't get as dark as a true interior but like your balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I almost did but I need to have a window or a balcony otherwise I feel claustrophobic and interior is way too dark for me. My pride in July is a ocean view for the amount of time I stay in the room it will work.

I almost did but I need to have a window or a balcony otherwise I feel claustrophobic and interior is way too dark for me. My pride in July is a ocean view for the amount of time I stay in the room it will work.

This the 4K " interior " cabin you are missing out on, lots of light and fresh air with these that's not included in your typical interior. This view is of a 4K between lifeboats and is the way to go when booking this category. These cabins are the best value and we have sailed in them many times on most of the Spirit class ships.

imv4hf.jpg

We've had a french door interior twice on the Pride and loved it! You can open the doors for fresh air and even though there's a lifeboat in the way, you still get plenty of natural light. My wife enjoys darkness and the curtains made the room very dark. As much as we like a balcony, the savings of getting an interior room that still gets a ton of light and fresh air is the way we'll go any time we're on the Pride or a sister ship.

I just got off the Legend last week (sister ship) and went with a 4K. We usually choose a balcony room but this room was over $1,000 cheaper. We did not regret our choose one bit. Still could open the doors to get fresh air and still had a decent view since we were between lifeboats. This is 4194...12c54ad2d9f4f76d787009356fe2a101.jpg

Love, Love, Love these cabins. Have another 4K booked for our upcoming 14 day Pride cruise. We weren't able to get one between the lifeboats but that is ok.

Last time we had one we were offered an "upgrade" to an OV for only 40$ total. No thank you!! That is not an upgrade in my book.

These cabins go fast so if you want one book early!

These are 4-K cabins,,,not in the bow. BEST bargain for any cabin on the ship IMO. Used to be the exact same price as any other inside, but Carnival found out how much folks like me like 'em, so the price went up slightly. Still OUTSTANDING cabins, at a fair price.

"SKY"

We want to cruise out of Baltimore someday and I was looking at these cabins as well. I found a YouTube video of them and would def only book one in between the lifeboats if I decide on one at all.

This video is of the spirit but it's a french door room in between the lifeboats.

Are these 4J cabins in the front of the ship? Does anyone have a list of the cabin numbers that are between lifeboats?

If you go to the Carnival website and get Pride's deck plans, you can see the cabin locations on deck 4 and look at the ones that line up between lifeboats. Then you can also check what is above and below.

• 5 months later...

new to carnival and just discovered these bargains. i love the video above, puts it in perspective

by definition do all the french doors have a catwalk outside them? i dont mind the boats blocking my view but i gotta say i like my privacy and wouldnt want someone walking out there

new to carnival and just discovered these bargains. i love the video above, puts it in perspective

by definition do all the french doors have a catwalk outside them? i dont mind the boats blocking my view but i gotta say i like my privacy and wouldnt want someone walking out there

Yes. The catwalks are needed for the maintenance crew to maintain the lifeboats and the equipment which operates them. I have sailed in 4k's 5 times and only once have I seen crew working where I could observe them. This was in the early afternoon and they were there for 90 minutes greasing the cables. If this ship safety necessity concerns you it is best to not book one. We have never felt unsafe and in fact find it reassuring that the crew regularly maintain the lifeboats. These work routines are not scheduled at night.

The doors bolt shut and the floor to ceiling drapes keep away lookie loos FWIW.

i checked the pricing difference on the Pride. 20 bucks the week for the french doors vs the interior for my potential sailing. would the general thinking be theres zero risk getting one of these because you can just keep the drapes closed all the time and its the same as an interior if you never open them?

the upside for 20 bucks is you have a 'room' balcony with potential for some views and air. i have read in the thread where you do have to move the bed if you want the doors open all the way though. no biggie.

a real balcony is 264 more.

also are there any issues being above deck 3 on the mid forward set of cabins? looks like chapel and piano bar on port and nothing to worry about starboard

We've always been portside between 4122 and 4114 no noise from the piano bar but the more forward you go on main deck you may hear the main lounge activities but they close by 11pm usually.

If the bed is configured as a king no problem moving door. Actually there's a sign on the door advising it remain closed due to air circulation through the HVAC system. The air circulates through the vent in the bathroom and leaving the doors open to the outside interferes with the system. Not to say people don't open them here any more or less than the door to a balcony. Someone will be along shortly to say NEVER open that door! Eh.

Google Carnival 4k and look at the images there and then count how many cabins show the drapes closed.

We have our first 4K booked on our upcoming pride journeys cruise next month another plus is it’s bigger than a inside cabin, you get that couch and extra space!!

i was not aware of this difference. i watched a youtube video of the french doors and how someone had them open and i just noticed the bed position relative to the french doors. guess ill have to go back and see where that sofa is.

edit: zoinks..watched inside and french video. you'd be nuts to get inside if both are around the same price !

DH and I have a French door cabin booked on our March bounce back cruise on the Miracle. I have never seen them before and the cheap bounce back offer is for interior cabins. We just did one on the Paradise in November and the regular interior cabin was claustrophobic somewhat. When I saw that the Miracle had the French door cabins for the same price as a regular interior, we jumped at it and I think we will be pleased. We normally book balcony cabins or suites.