Panama canal

tottenhamfc

November 28 for CC members, Nov 30 open to the public.

HI a question, when you say the advanced bookings are open to CC members two days in advance, what does this actually mean? Do you mean Captains Club member? So when I go in to make a booking do I just give my CC number and go from there? What if I already have a booking # and I want to change the sailing date?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Generally, in order to see the bookings during the Captains Club early booking dates you need to be logged into your account on Celebrity's web site. If you have a general idea of date and ship you could call the Captains Club or the Celebrity Vacation Planner for sailing info. I've never used a TA so don't know how that would work with early bookings.

In 2019 the Infinity (which has done the Panama Canal for YEARS) is in Europe. According to the naturalist onboard Infinity currently all the S class ships are too tall to get under one of the bridges. Maybe they will have the Summit do the PC from San Juan?

In 2019 the Infinity (which has done the Panama Canal for YEARS) is in Europe. According to the naturalist onboard Infinity currently all the S class ships are too tall to get under one of the bridges. Maybe they will have the Summit do the PC from San Juan?

While the height issue is a problem, the offending item is an antennae. This was addressed on the Solstice so that it can clear the Lions Gate Bridge in Vancouver by fitting her with a collapsible antennae . The LGB has a clearance slightly less than the Bridge of Americas on the Pacific side of the Canal. I assume that the remaining S class could benefit with the same fix.

I would like to see an S class ship sail the Panama Canal.

Celebrity Infinity 17 Night Panama Canal Cruise Aqua 1 Deck 11, view from 1125. We got to see the bottom of the canal about 3 days before they filled it in.

New Lane Panama Canal Oct 1, 2015.

22971222566_7d10075956_b.jpg

CaptDave

The naturalist currently onboard Infinity said the issue with the Solstice was the smoke stack being too tall. He claimed that the ship was fitted with a removable smoke stack. Sounds like a collapsible antenna mast is a MUCH simpler fix than removing the smoke stack. Eclipse would have to receive this fix in order to sail Alaska in 2019 anyway. So it would be ready for the new Panama Canal. Hope it does a B2B PC between going from Valparaiso to San Diego and sailing Alaska !!!

November 28 for CC members, Nov 30 open to the public.

While it is advertised that CC Members get early booking, my experience is that their great programmers have never been able to figure out how to limit booking to CC members only. In previous years I have played with the booking and was able to book during the early sign up period, even though I was not logged in and had cleared my cookies before trying it out.

Generally, in order to see the bookings during the Captains Club early booking dates you need to be logged into your account on Celebrity's web site. If you have a general idea of date and ship you could call the Captains Club or the Celebrity Vacation Planner for sailing info. I've never used a TA so don't know how that would work with early bookings.

While it is advertised that CC Members get early booking, my experience is that their great programmers have never been able to figure out how to limit booking to CC members only. In previous years I have played with the booking and was able to book during the early sign up period, even though I was not logged in and had cleared my cookies before trying it out.

I know. Given the problems with Celebrity's web site that's why I said "Generally". Doesn't always work that way.:rolleyes:

• 3 months later...