B2B on Allure of the Seas - however Allure is from FLL from May 2019 onwards?

js4rq

Hi,

We have a B2B on Allure of the Seas in April 2019 departing from Miami. We were looking at swapping our first leg to after the second leg, which would be in May 2019, as this would save us a few hundred dollars per person; however we notice that Allure of the Seas will be departing from Fort Lauderdale then.

I checked and the ship arrives back in Miami after our second leg. Would the ship then go to Fort Lauderdale, for the next cruise which is on the same day?

Would our cruises still be considered a B2B if departing from different ports?

Thanks for any input!

Not sure what they are going, but if they are going directly from Miami to Port Everglades the same day, you're going to have to disembark and re-embark in Port Everglades. You may also be required to pack up all your items take them to Port Everglades yourself. Not much of a B2B in my opinion. More of a side to side, even though it's the same ship.

I also note that the departure time from Port Everglades for the May 5th 2019 cruise is 8pm, so they are giving extra time for the ship to travel from Miami to Port Everglades.

Oh bummer. We may have to stick with our original cruise bookings! We wanted to do a B2B, that way we don't have to pack or check in all over again.

I assume we would have to check in all over again, if doing a side to side?

Oh bummer. We may have to stick with our original cruise bookings! We wanted to do a B2B, that way we don't have to pack or check in all over again.

I assume we would have to check in all over again, if doing a side to side?

You normally would have to check-in again if doing a side to side with different ships. This situation is different, so I don't know for sure. The logical thing would be to call the company and ask, but I have zero confidence that you would get an accurate answer.

You normally would have to check-in again if doing a side to side with different ships. This situation is different, so I don't know for sure. The logical thing would be to call the company and ask, but I have zero confidence that you would get an accurate answer.

Wouldn't not rechecking in and making their own way to FLL put them in violation of the PVSA.

Wouldn't not rechecking in and making their own way to FLL put them in violation of the PVSA.

Certainly staying on the ship would put them in violation.

We might need the Chief to weigh in on this. I don't know what the law would consider a different cruise. Would they have to stay off for more than 24 hours? Or would changing the embakration port make it a different cruise?

Certainly staying on the ship would put them in violation.

We might need the Chief to weigh in on this. I don't know what the law would consider a different cruise. Would they have to stay off for more than 24 hours? Or would changing the embakration port make it a different cruise?

I think that since the embarkation port changes and Royal shows that they had a zero count of passengers then it would be an acceptable combination. I don't think there is any time limit.

I think that since the embarkation port changes and Royal shows that they had a zero count of passengers then it would be an acceptable combination. I don't think there is any time limit.

I could see the change of port possibly making a difference, but I don't think the zero count is significant. Otherwise the folks on Radiance from Hawaii to Vancouver could just get off for a few hours and get back on for the trip to Seward.

I could see the change of port possibly making a difference, but I don't think the zero count is significant. Otherwise the folks on Radiance from Hawaii to Vancouver could just get off for a few hours and get back on for the trip to Seward.

I was thinking more a combination of the 2 factors together. The different ports and the zero count showing that there was no one aboard to continue on to the next embarkation port.

I don't believe so as they would have permanently disembarked in MIA and then re-boarded in FLL. The cruises would be considered two distinct cruises, MIA-MIA and FLL-FLL. The ship wasn't the vehicle that transported the passengers between two US ports.

I don't believe so as they would have permanently disembarked in MIA and then re-boarded in FLL. The cruises would be considered two distinct cruises, MIA-MIA and FLL-FLL. The ship wasn't the vehicle that transported the passengers between two US ports.

I still think there's got to be more to being considered two distinct cruises. How far would the ship have to move to be considered a new cruise? Could it move from one pier to another pier to be considered a new cruise?

I tend to agree with Bill, the operative wording of the PVSA is when a passenger "permanently disembarks" the ship (settle the bill, take luggage off the ship). This wording was added back in the 80's to allow ships to have more than one US port call during a cruise, since even getting off in a port of call could be considered to be "transportation between US ports". I believe that with a move from one port to another without revenue customers, would constitute a "break in voyage", and therefore legal under the PVSA.

So, I agreee that the only way to do this would be to check out of the ship, make your own way from Miami to PEV, and then check back onto the ship.

I still think there's got to be more to being considered two distinct cruises. How far would the ship have to move to be considered a new cruise? Could it move from one pier to another pier to be considered a new cruise?

No, pier to pier would not work. The ship clears out of Miami, and clears into PEV, so there is a record of a "voyage" between the two. Moving from pier to pier is a "harbor or berth shift.

I tend to agree with Bill, the operative wording of the PVSA is when a passenger "permanently disembarks" the ship (settle the bill, take luggage off the ship). This wording was added back in the 80's to allow ships to have more than one US port call during a cruise, since even getting off in a port of call could be considered to be "transportation between US ports". I believe that with a move from one port to another without revenue customers, would constitute a "break in voyage", and therefore legal under the PVSA.

So, I agreee that the only way to do this would be to check out of the ship, make your own way from Miami to PEV, and then check back onto the ship.

No, pier to pier would not work. The ship clears out of Miami, and clears into PEV, so there is a record of a "voyage" between the two. Moving from pier to pier is a "harbor or berth shift.

Thanks much Chief, I hope we didn't make you spend too much time perusing the PVSA.