Live from the Whisper

Lois R

Hi everyone, thanks for the good wishes...…...now the bad news...…...my washing machine seems to have broken:eek:……...rinse and spin cycle are not working:(……..my sister helped this morning. I went to her place to finish it...….but now I need a washer:eek: grrrrrrrrrr

Most washing machines have a filter accessible at the bottom front of the machine. If this gets blocked, usually with something small like a child's sock or a lady's handkerchief, then the machine will neither rinse nor spin.

Worth checking out.

Good morning...…..it is early here for me (for a Sunday) maybe my body clock is still in Italy;)….

Watching The Open but the leaders don't go off until later.

As for the washer, I went out yesterday and bought a new one. It is a Maytag and will be delivered on Saturday.

Not sure if something is blocking anything but I tried multiple times to get the rinse cycle to work but nothing happened. Not worth me getting someone to come in.....the machine is close to 15 years old.

Have a good day ya'll.

Good morning...…..it is early here for me (for a Sunday) maybe my body clock is still in Italy;)…. Watching The Open but the leaders don't go off until later. As for the washer, I went out yesterday and bought a new one. It is a Maytag and will be delivered on Saturday.

Good luck, Lois, with your body clock adjustment "re-cycling". From when we were in SE Asia earlier this year, there was a 12-hour time zone difference and it took me more than a week to get back to "normal". YES, will be tuning in later this morning for the British Open. Should be an exciting and dramatic finish. Glad your washing machine situation is working out. But, not a cheap solution to buy a new one.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.! Just completed a Jan. 21-Feb. 20, 2018, first adventure through Southeast Asia with stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before traveling all over Vietnam and Cambodia. This includes seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 28,849 views. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! See more at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

Had a similar situation with my washer, and fortunately the machine gave me error codes. A little research on the Internet as to meaning of error code that was displayed, then on to YouTube video of how to fix it, and a half hour later the errant sock was discovered.

It was surgically removed, the machine put back together and voila!

No need for someone to come and fix it, or a new machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My machine has no digital things on it...…..it is the old fashioned washer......pull the knob out/push it in type...……

As for the new one, I feel very good with the price I am paying and I have no idea how much a repair person would charge. I don't have one of those home warranty plans. Maybe now I will go look for one. Last year I got a new frig and now the new washer.

I have lived alone for 99% of my adult life and so far I have been pretty good with keeping things in tact but major appliances?......Sometimes we have to do what is best for ourselves and buying a new one is best for me at this point.

Of course Lois!

I was merely echoing the sock experience.

You know what's best for you.

Sounds like you got your money's worth on that washing machine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Spins:)……..no problem:)…..usually Maytag machines can be quite expensive but this was really good...….

including tax, delivery and they set it up and take the old one away...…..less than 600.00.

Lois,

Did you find your Whisper thread yet? I see that your “Missing Thread” that you started yesterday is even gone now. WTH???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, if you go down about 4 or 5 threads the review has been put back on here.:)