Spencer Ambrose or Celebrity excursion to the Pitons - need help deciding please!!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:07 AM.
Central NY
21 Posts
Joined Aug 2016
Just recently returned from a Celebrity Cruise that included St. Lucia. Didn't care for the ship's excursion to the Pitons. It was on a big boat (maybe 40 people?), had loud music, horrible rum punch, no beach time (they anchored in the water off shore and you swam to the snorkeling site), snorkeling was only so-so. I wouldn't do it again.

On the other hand, we saw some of Spencer Ambrose's boats, and others, and they were pretty small, not much shade, etc.
UK
1,745 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
We were at Jaloiuse beach last week, not on a Spencer Ambroise tour, but we hired a catamaran from another company. Our whole day was amazing, but I wouldn't want to spend too long on that beach. The area which isn't used by the resort is small and cramped, and the beds aren't very comfortable. The snorkeling would have been great, but everyone was getting little stings/bites from something in the water. I think they were baby jellyfish, because I saw a couple, but the locals call them 'sea lice'
If you are going to snorkel there consider a long sleeved swimtop, to at least protect some of your body from the stings. (they do go off after a couple of hours, and the little marks on my skin had gone by that evening)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruise Summary

Cunard Crown x 1 - Hurtigruten x 1
Star Clippers x 2 - RCCL x 2
NCL x 2 - Seabourn x 1 - Oceania x 2 - MSC x 1 - HAL x 6