Hotwire Pitons Zipline Reviews Requested

soleil1995

We will be visiting St. Lucia in April via RCCL Adventure of the Seas and are considering the ship's Hotwire Pitons Zipline tour. We would appreciate any details/comments that you can share with us.

Another option is the ATV Tour, but we are undecided at this point.

Thank you in advance!!

:cool:

We will be visiting St. Lucia in April via RCCL Adventure of the Seas and are considering the ship's Hotwire Pitons Zipline tour. We would appreciate any details/comments that you can share with us.

Another option is the ATV Tour, but we are undecided at this point.

Thank you in advance!!

:cool:

Well, we did it in 2013 throught RCCL on Adventure. We loved it. First time ziplining. I don't know if it's the same one but the people helping with the zipline were wonderful and we felt very safe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok we completed this tour today. My feedback:

I wasn’t aware we were to take a boat to the zipline. I guess I didn’t read the description. This wasn’t a problem but just thought I’d share.

The boat ride took a solid hour from port to Soufries. It started pouring rain about halfway into the trip. Sputtered and restarted a few times. It was pouring when we finally arrived and they kept us on the boat for another 10 min or so to see what the weather would do. A call up to the zipline where they said it was clearing so off the boat and on to a bus for the ride up. That took about another 10 min.

Zipline crew suited us all up super quick and off we went. Very short training session. Having ziplined before, this want an issue for me but make make newbies nervous.

We did a total of 7-8 lines. Once done we were rushed back to get our gear off and get back to the boat. We left Soufries at 4:30 for the hour ride and all aboard at 5:30. We pulled up along side the ship and climbed out onto the pier and directly to the boat due to our late arrival.

The boat crew was fun and started a dance party on the way back. The zip guides were good and I did feel safe. The views were beautiful. I just felt very rushed due to our delayed departure from port and then rain delay. I’m not sure if we got all the lines or if it was shortened due to time constraints. Overall I have mixed feelings about it. I wasn’t prepared for such a long trip and then being rushed through the whole experience. It was fun though and I don’t regret doing it.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.

Ok we completed this tour today. My feedback:

I wasn’t aware we were to take a boat to the zipline. I guess I didn’t read the description. This wasn’t a problem but just thought I’d share.

The boat ride took a solid hour from port to Soufries. It started pouring rain about halfway into the trip. Sputtered and restarted a few times. It was pouring when we finally arrived and they kept us on the boat for another 10 min or so to see what the weather would do. A call up to the zipline where they said it was clearing so off the boat and on to a bus for the ride up. That took about another 10 min.

Zipline crew suited us all up super quick and off we went. Very short training session. Having ziplined before, this want an issue for me but make make newbies nervous.

We did a total of 7-8 lines. Once done we were rushed back to get our gear off and get back to the boat. We left Soufries at 4:30 for the hour ride and all aboard at 5:30. We pulled up along side the ship and climbed out onto the pier and directly to the boat due to our late arrival.

The boat crew was fun and started a dance party on the way back. The zip guides were good and I did feel safe. The views were beautiful. I just felt very rushed due to our delayed departure from port and then rain delay. I’m not sure if we got all the lines or if it was shortened due to time constraints. Overall I have mixed feelings about it. I wasn’t prepared for such a long trip and then being rushed through the whole experience. It was fun though and I don’t regret doing it.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.

Thank you for posting the review....it was very helpful!