Nice beach

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:05 AM.
Germany
579 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Castro , we will be in St Lucia April 11. Can you reserve 2 loungers for us?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Have a nice day,

Ute

Sailed:
Serenade of the Seas 04/16/2011 Caribbean Sea
Serenade of the Seas 03/31/2012 Caribbean Sea
Serenade of the Seas 04/07/2012 Caribbean Sea
Rhapsody of the Seas Mediterranean Sea 10/12/2015
Jewel of the Seas 04/02/2017 Caribbean Sea
Jewel of the Seas 04/09/2017 Caribbean Sea
Adventure of the Seas 04/07/2018 Caribbean Sea

83 Posts
Joined May 2016
i come here to say good bye, then i read these nice comments about the good time people have had with me but i will not change my mind. as of today i will no longer be making booking here. I'm still on the beach the boards are still up and the chairs always available feel free to come rent from me.
New York, NY
112 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by castro1n3
i come here to say good bye, then i read these nice comments about the good time people have had with me but i will not change my mind. as of today i will no longer be making booking here. I'm still on the beach the boards are still up and the chairs always available feel free to come rent from me.
Oh, no, i was looking forward to seeing my name on your boards! Will be on The Gem, arriving 3/22 in St. Lucia. Pls reserve 2 chairs for me and hubby, Castro.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian Gem 3/17/18 - Eastern Caribbean

Cabot, AR
1,768 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Is WiFi available anywhere at Vigie?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
March 2018-- Fascination-- St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Maarten
March 2016--Valor--Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya
March 2015-- Jewel of the Seas-- St. Thomas, St. Croix, Antigua, St. Lucia, Grenada
March 2013--Victory--Nassau, Half Moon and Freeport
March 2010--Victory--Southern Carib
March 2009-- Destiny--Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios
March 2008-- Fascination-- Key West & Cozumel
March 2007-- Elation--Grand Turk, Half Moon, Nassau
March 2006-- Fascination--Key West & Calica

Save a life, adopt a pet
329 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Hello everyone, I was in St. Lucia on 3/1 on the Norwegian Gem. We had to tender in bc there was no dock space. I set up a reservation with Castro for the taxi, chairs and a couple of beers. We get there go through the welcome shops and head outside looking for our driver. Didn’t see our name anywhere with a driver... we wait a half hour then decided to just take our own taxi to vigie beach. One we get there the taxi dropped us off at the end and I saw Castro’s sign in the middle of the beach. We walk to the middle and we meet Castro. Castro is a very nice guy and catered to us the whole day. I asked him what happend to the cab/driver and he said he went to the wrong spot and picked up different people and brought them to the beach.... we got chairs from Castro and he set us up right in front of the water. It was a cloudy day and the water was rough but im sure if it was a nice day this would have been a great beach and the water would have been more calm. So Castro brought us out some beers and set us up in front of the water. It then started raining and Castro immediately set us up with an umbrella which was very nice. We then asked him where the restroom was and he showed us. This part I didn’t like - $1US each time you have to use the bathroom. Every island I have been on in the Caribbean I have never paid to use a restroom. I think it was kind of their loss because i would have drank more if I didn’t have to pay each time I used the restroom. Again I know beers here are only $2US but it was just the point that I had to pay every time I used the restroom that I didn’t like... Overall Vigie beach was a nice beach and Castro was a legit and nice guy. I wish we had a nicer day there but I can’t control Mother Nature. If anyone has any questions let me know... to the poster above me I did not see any WiFi on vigie beach. I also have some pictures and videos but I am not sure how or if I can post them on here from my phone...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Victory- 7/8/04
Carnival Triumph-7/7/05
Norwegian Dawn-8/12/06
Norwegian Dawn -5/5/07- One Night CTN
Carnival Imagination- 6/28/07
Norwegian Spirit-10/27/07- One Night CTN
Norwegian Spirit- 8/17/08
Norwegian Gem- 1/24/09- One Night CTN
Enchantment Of The Seas- 7/16/09
Carnival Sensation- 7/15/10
Carnival Glory- 7/25/11
Norwegian Jewel- 1/7/12
Norwegian Jewel- 1/18/13- Weekend Cruise
Norwegian Gem- 2/23/13
Carnival Glory- 8/3/13 - Weekend Cruise
Norwegian Gem- 11/15/13- One Night CTN
Carnival Splendor-1/4/14
Norwegian Gem- 11/9/14
Norwegian Breakaway- 1/16/15- Weekend Cruise
Norwegian Breakaway- 5/10/15- Bermuda
Norwegian Breakaway- 12/11/15 Weekend Cruise
Norwegian Epic- 2/25/17

Norwegian Gem- 2/24/18
Carnival Sensation - 6/28/18
Carnival Horizon - 9/13/18
Cabot, AR
1,768 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Just back from Vigie. Loved it. Very pretty and relaxing beach with chair rentals, natural shade and food/drink. It is also closer to the cruise port than other beaches. Would go back there again in a heartbeat.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
March 2018-- Fascination-- St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Maarten
March 2016--Valor--Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya
March 2015-- Jewel of the Seas-- St. Thomas, St. Croix, Antigua, St. Lucia, Grenada
March 2013--Victory--Nassau, Half Moon and Freeport
March 2010--Victory--Southern Carib
March 2009-- Destiny--Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios
March 2008-- Fascination-- Key West & Cozumel
March 2007-- Elation--Grand Turk, Half Moon, Nassau
March 2006-- Fascination--Key West & Calica

Save a life, adopt a pet
Lawrence, KS, USA
5,215 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Ok folks we are confused. My wife and her daughter will be in St. Lucia later this month and the Vigie Beach seems to be getting huge, positive reviews. We looked at Trip Advisor but they only had one option. Did you folk arrange a private tour to the beach or how did you schedule it and with whom?

Any thoughts are reeeeeeealy appreciated.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob & Joan
Lawrence, KS

Washed in the Ocean...Dried in the Sun.

St. Lucia, West Indies
4,120 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by rharvey999
Ok folks we are confused. My wife and her daughter will be in St. Lucia later this month and the Vigie Beach seems to be getting huge, positive reviews. We looked at Trip Advisor but they only had one option. Did you folk arrange a private tour to the beach or how did you schedule it and with whom?

Any thoughts are reeeeeeealy appreciated.
You don't need a tour or to schedule anything. As you can see from the multiple comments in this thread, it's just a few minutes from port. $10/10 minutes cab ride or 20-30 minute walk.
Chairs available around $5 or so a chair, no umbrellas needed due to all the natural shade, Boardwalk with restaurants and bars for drinks, etc. Absolutely no tour or organized anything needed just head on over. Be sure the driver takes you all the way down to the Boardwalk..
massachusetts
63 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
I was very frustrated the last time I was on St. Lucia. I told the taxi guy that we wanted to go to Vigie beach, but he talked us into another beach, I think its Redondo??? HATED it. It was a long ride, there was no natural shade, the sea was so rough they wouldn't let you swim, and the vendors were relentless. I had to tell the guy selling pot to F*** OFF a few times. Do NOT let them talk you out of going to Vigie if you want to go to a beach close by.
Minneapolis
3,183 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by castro1n3
reedprincess bless up, yes i had to stand out. but thank you so much for just mentioning it. im personally there on saturday n sundays.

We will be in St. Lucia Sunday May 6th will plan to check out your location and rent a few chairs. We have been to St. Lucia around 10 times but this will be our first time at Vigie beach
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

LONNIE AND BARB
PAST CRUISES !!!

ROYAL CARIBBEAN 14
PRINCESS 10
CELEBRITY 6
NORWEGIAN 5
CARNIVAL 3
East Longmeadow, MA
541 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Originally posted by Gopher1934
We will be in St. Lucia Sunday May 6th will plan to check out your location and rent a few chairs. We have been to St. Lucia around 10 times but this will be our first time at Vigie beach

Gopher, Did you enjoy it? It is something we are considering for our October cruise and I would love to hear your thoughts. We are a large group (12 to 14) so I plan on arranging for group transportation rather than struggle with cabs/vans at the port.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Chris
Western Massachusetts

Sovereign 7/92
Voyager 7/01
Sovereign 4/02
Adventure 8/02
Navigator 7/03
Explorer 7/04
Empress 5/05
Voyager 7/05
Freedom One Day 5/06
Mariner 7/06
Explorer 5/07
Caribbean Princess 10/07
Liberty 8/08
Freedom 10/08
Jewel 9/09
Oasis 1/10
Freedom 10/10
Oasis 8/11
Allure 10/12
Jewel 10/14
Oasis 7/15
Anthem 10/16
Freedom 10/18 - 10 year cruis-a-versary
Oasis 5/19
St. Lucia, West Indies
4,120 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by lovebears
What is the route from the cruiseport to walk to Vigie Beach? Is it a safe walk?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app
It's a safe easy flat walk.
If at Pointe Seraphine, head out of cruise port following access road. When you get to the main highway (next to gad station) hang a left, walk towards airport. When you get to the airport, turn right, follow sidewalk to roundabout. Turn left around end if airport, follow it around, left again down road and walk on down - past graveyard, etc till you reach the Boardwalk area (across from entrance to airport). Usually around 20-30 minutes, give or take .

From LA Place Caranage, exit two story shopoing area, hang a left, walk along road and follow the and if the bay, veering to your left. When you get to where the road splits (4 way traffic light, but the light doesn't work), keep to the left, following the bay. One side Bay, one side Castries Craft market. Follow the road along the bay till you get to gas station as listed above... And follow above directions. At least 30 minutes from LA Place Caranage..

It's virtually impossible to get lost - the airport is a major landmark . Lol..