Anyone been to Vigie Beach lately?

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:12 AM.
Scotland
201 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Hi, has anyone been to Vigie beach lately? Did you like it and did you feel safe?.
We are going in May aboard Freedom.
We have been to Reduitt beach, but it was far too crowded for us.
We have also done an island tour.
I know we are the only ship in port that day, so the beach won't be crowded.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pamela
Scotland
Diamond Member
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,904 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by pamela27
Hi, has anyone been to Vigie beach lately? Did you like it and did you feel safe?.
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show...423026&page=10
Lots of recent comments from recent visitors there..
It's a lovely beach, long, long uncrowded beach. Minimal vendors. No watersports. Boardwalk with local food and drinks...
Scotland
201 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Originally posted by reedprincess
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show...423026&page=10
Lots of recent comments from recent visitors there..
It's a lovely beach, long, long uncrowded beach. Minimal vendors. No watersports. Boardwalk with local food and drinks...
Thank you reedprincess
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pamela
Scotland
Diamond Member
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,904 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by 19pamela68
Did you go to Vigie beach? How much was a taxi there? Chairs?
As in the thread above in many if the comments, Vigie Beach is around a 20-30 minute walk, or $10 one way 5-10 minute cab ride.
Chairs run $5 or so.
I've been many a time, given that I live here, most recently two weeks ago when picking up a friend off Royal Princess. Great lunch, cheap drinks, and good beachfront..
florida
7 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Will be there in May 2018, is this the closest beach to the cruise port? Looking for somewhere close so husband and son can join us after their fishing trip for a drink or two.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

St. Lucia, West Indies
3,904 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by cruiserinlove
Will be there in May 2018, is this the closest beach to the cruise port? Looking for somewhere close so husband and son can join us after their fishing trip for a drink or two.
Yes, this is the absolute closest beach to the port. 20-30 minute walk or 5-10 cab ride..
East Longmeadow, MA
491 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Originally posted by pamela27

Pamela227, please let us know if you in fact did go to Vigie Beach. We are looking for a beach for our Oct Freedom cruise. We have heard that the Island tours are way too touristy and crowded for us. Just looking for a nice relaxing beach day with a bar, some chairs, restrooms and food.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Chris
Western Massachusetts

Sovereign 7/92
Voyager 7/01
Sovereign 4/02
Adventure 8/02
Navigator 7/03
Explorer 7/04
Empress 5/05
Voyager 7/05
Freedom One Day 5/06
Mariner 7/06
Explorer 5/07
Caribbean Princess 10/07
Liberty 8/08
Freedom 10/08
Jewel 9/09
Oasis 1/10
Freedom 10/10
Oasis 8/11
Allure 10/12
Jewel 10/14
Oasis 7/15
Anthem 10/16
Freedom 10/18 - 10 year cruis-a-versary
Oasis 5/19
Lakeville, MA
1,184 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Originally posted by MA cruisers
Pamela227, please let us know if you in fact did go to Vigie Beach. We are looking for a beach for our Oct Freedom cruise. We have heard that the Island tours are way too touristy and crowded for us. Just looking for a nice relaxing beach day with a bar, some chairs, restrooms and food.
Sounds like Vigie is the place to go.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Jacksonville, FL
203 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
Reedprincess - Could you tell me if this beach has a dropoff making it difficult getting in/out? I am looking for a beach with beach chairs/umbrella, lunch or snacks and wifi for hubby. We will be there in November but I like to plan . Thank you for your thoughts or suggestions.
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,904 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by bbfgator
Reedprincess - Could you tell me if this beach has a dropoff making it difficult getting in/out? I am looking for a beach with beach chairs/umbrella, lunch or snacks and wifi for hubby. We will be there in November but I like to plan . Thank you for your thoughts or suggestions.
Do you mean a drop-off / steep entry or exit from the water? If so, nope. It's a pretty gentle slope/entry..
If you mean for the cab drop-off, nope - it's quite easy, flat, short ride and open drop off area.
Enjoy.
Cabot, AR
1,743 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
I went to Vigie Beach in March. I was solo as my DH was scuba diving. It was a very nice beach and I felt completely safe. Hope to go back one day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
March 2018-- Fascination-- St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Maarten
March 2016--Valor--Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya
March 2015-- Jewel of the Seas-- St. Thomas, St. Croix, Antigua, St. Lucia, Grenada
March 2013--Victory--Nassau, Half Moon and Freeport
March 2010--Victory--Southern Carib
March 2009-- Destiny--Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios
March 2008-- Fascination-- Key West & Cozumel
March 2007-- Elation--Grand Turk, Half Moon, Nassau
March 2006-- Fascination--Key West & Calica

Save a life, adopt a pet
Plainfield, IL
216 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by 2PinaColadas
I went to Vigie Beach in March. I was solo as my DH was scuba diving. It was a very nice beach and I felt completely safe. Hope to go back one day.
I might end up doing the same thing if my husband decides to scuba dive. It's our first time on the island. Can you tell me who your husband used for the dive and what he thought about diving there?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Celebrity Reflection - 02/19/18; 11 days: Celebrity Reflection - 01/21/17; 7 days: Independence of the Seas - 01/14/17; 5 days: Celebrity Reflection - 02/27/16; 7 days: Norwegian Sky - 09/15/15; 4 days: Celebrity Reflection - 02/07/15; 7 days: Celebrity Equinox - 01/31/14; 10 days: Crown Princess - 12/03/11; 7 days: Liberty of the Seas - 11/22/09; 7 days: Freedom of the Seas - 11/30/08; 7 days: Emerald Princess - 2/24/08; 10 days: Carnival Festivale - 6/2/91; 7 days Honeymoon