The Pitons

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:09 PM.
Trois-Rivieres,Qc,Canada
63 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
Countdown begin for our 2019 Caribbean cruise! St Lucia will be one of our stop. Not really interrested to do The Pitons excursion but love to take pictures. It is possible to see it from the ship?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future cruise
Celebrity Reflection - 10 Nights Caribbean -February 2019

Past cruise
Celebrity Equinox - 7 Nights Mediterranean - June 2015
Celebrity Reflection - 10 Nights Italy and Greek Isles - June 2016
Indiana
435 Posts
Joined May 2008
We did not sail by them. They are a long way from port.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

6/16/08 Navigator of the Seas
5/30/10 Navigator of the Seas
9/24/11 Voyager of the Seas
7/19/13 Enchantment of the Seas
3/23/15 Brilliance of the Seas
6/3/16 Explorer of the Seas
pickering ontario
67 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
We just came back from St. Lucia and did a 5 to 6 hour tour of the island with Cosol Tours. It was great and I would highly recommend it. We did the tour with CJ and we have many good memories of our day in St. Lucia. The tour is $75.00 per person and is well worth it.
Virginia
4,170 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by captain99
Countdown begin for our 2019 Caribbean cruise! St Lucia will be one of our stop. Not really interrested to do The Pitons excursion but love to take pictures. It is possible to see it from the ship?
I don't know what your exact itinerary will be, but it may depend on where your ship will be the day before and after St. Lucia. On our past two cruises on the southern itinerary, we have sailed out of San Juan on Carnival. I noticed from your signature that your cruise will be on Celebrity. Carnival has a set itinerary out of San Juan to: St. Thomas; Sea Day; Barbados; St. Lucia; St. Kitts; St. Maarten. So, we were in Barbados the day before St. Lucia and in St. Kitts the day after. I don't know if all cruise lines take the same route, but when on Carnival after leaving Barbados we sailed up to St. Lucia from the south and were able to see the Pitons from the ship both times. Our arrival time in Castries, St. Lucia was 8AM and we were passing the Pitons at 5:30AM but you can still see them after. They were on the starboard (right) side. If you have a telephoto lens, I'd recommend that. When we sailed out of St. Lucia up to St. Kitts, we were heading north and did not go past the Pitons. Of course, mother nature has to cooperate with fairly clear weather. If there were thick, low clouds, I don't know if they'd be visible or not. I have seen in reviews that some cruise lines will sail to the area of the Pitons when leaving St. Lucia for photo ops for passengers, but that may be if the next port is to the south.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CARNIVAL LIBERTY - September 20 - 27, 2015 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan); LIBERTY 2015 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275573
CARNIVAL LIBERTY - April 5 - 12, 2014 (Western Caribbean: Miami, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman...missed port, Miami); LIBERTY 2014 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039919
CARNIVAL VALOR - May 5 - 12, 2013 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan); VALOR 2013 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1917645
CARNIVAL GLORY - May 9 - 16, 2010 (Eastern Caribbean: Miami, HMC Bahamas, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, Miami)
CARNIVAL MIRACLE - March 12 - 19, 2006 (Western Caribbean: Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya, Tampa)
Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas - January 16 - 23, 2000 (Mexican Riviera: Los Angeles, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Los Angeles)
CARNIVAL FESTIVALE - June 14 - 21, 1992 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, Martinique, San Juan)