Little French Key questions

bluejay555

I visited LFK last summer and LOVED it. I just went to the website to book it again, but noticed there were some additions. I'd love to get more info about some of them...

Have any of you ordered the pizza? Says it's made in a brick oven right there at the beach, but there's no price. I wonder if it would be cheaper to not pay for a lunch and just get pizza. My kids would sure prefer that! And I see nowhere to pre-order, so I guess you just order when you get there? I'd sure hate to not pay for a lunch and then not be able to get pizza!

There is a mangrove tour with wine and appetizers now. Anyone done this? Sounds kinda nice, but it doesn't give specifics, like how long the tour is. A 30 min tour would be good, but I don't want to waste precious beach time if it's gonna be an hour or more!

It also says they opened up a new stretch of "white sand" beach called kingston beach. Does this mean there is a larger sand entrance to the water? There's only one picture and all I see are rocks by the water.

I wrote to them about the food and this is what they told me: "We have a recently installed Pizza oven on the beach and the prices per

pizza are from $17 to 25 and we have at least 5 different flavors.

Our extensive food items start from $6 (kids food) up the $35 party

platter that includes chicken wings, steak bites and much more."

I asked them quite a few questions and they were always quick to reply. Unfortunately we never made it there so I don' have a real experience to answer your other questions.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it! Duh, It never occurred to me to email my questions directly to them...I will do that :)

I would still like to hear real-life experiences with these new things though, and see some pics if anyone has any!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We love this place and have been 3x now. The pizza place is located over in the new beach section (Kingston). There's several places to enter the water over there and a nice big beach area. It's awesome.

IMG_3688%20copy-M.jpg

IMG_3689%20copy-M.jpg

IMG_3691%20copy-M.jpg

P2240511%20copy-M.jpg

P2240512%20copy-M.jpg

P2240505%20copy-M.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We were there 3 years ago and it was super quiet and really nice.....I read on the boards here that it has gotten extremely busy and especially on a day when two cruise ships are in, as will be the case when we are back there this upcoming October....eek. I had made reservations again for us and our two kids but now I am very wary.......they say now they can take up to 400 people, omg!! I don't think there were more than 40 or 50 the day we were there and it was lovely......

May move on to a Plan B......

Leah

I will be in Roatan next week and there will be 2 cruise ships in port that day as well, one being the Getaway which I think is a large ship. I have wanted to visit LFK for a long time but am now concerned and I am traveling with some that don't do well w/crowds. I have now been thinking about going to Havana Beach Club which is supposedly a quiet beach w/horseback riding. Has anyone been there? Those that have been to LFK should I just go and not worry about the crowds? Not a lot of time left for me to decide!!