Vista questions!

Samanthamelody3

Does the Serenity area get busy?

Is there a pool here (OR an adult pool anywhere on the ship)? Included snacks/meals?

Are the Havana pool/areas only for guests booked in those staterooms? Is it worth it to upgrade?

Does the ship seem crowded with the amount of people on it?

Have done cruises before and they never seemed crowded, but the past few years have done more all-inclusive resorts.

Thank you everyone, I feel so out of the loop!

Is there a pool here (OR an adult pool anywhere on the ship)? Included snacks/meals?

No pool. There is a salad bar. I've heard it is really good.

Are the Havana pool/areas only for guests booked in those staterooms? Is it worth it to upgrade?

Havana pool area is private until 7PM each night. Then it opens to everyone. I can't afford it so it's not worth it to me!

Does the ship seem crowded with the amount of people on it? It didn't feel any more crowded than other ships.

Have done cruises before and they never seemed crowded, but the past few years have done more all-inclusive resorts.

Answers in red.

Answers in red.

Thanks! I didn't feel like the other ships I was on were super crowded anyways.

I was debating the Havana rooms, but honestly I'd rather spend my money on a few tours!

All other cruises I've been on, I never once hung out in my room. I'm fine going to check it out after 7pm.

Serenity was very crowded when we sailed the 13 day transatlantic. It's set up differently from other ships. There are glass walls and fake palm trees all over so Serenity is really broken up. There was no where for our large group to sit all together.

There is no pool on Vista's Serenity. There was a wonderful salad bar, though.

Yes, Havana pool is for Havana cabin guests only but it opened to the public at 7:00 PM. Only you can decide if it's worth the extra money.

Does the ship seem crowded with the amount of people on it?

We waited in lines everywhere. Vista always felt crowded to me.

We loved the transatlantic. We went to amazing ports and we cruised with friends we had met on other cruises.

But Vista herself is my least favorite ship out of 17 different ships sailed. Bigger and newer isn't always better.

In fact, we had booked Horizon transatlantic but transferred to a different cruise because she will be too much like Vista.

Thanks! I didn't feel like the other ships I was on were super crowded anyways.

I was debating the Havana rooms, but honestly I'd rather spend my money on a few tours!

All other cruises I've been on, I never once hung out in my room. I'm fine going to check it out after 7pm.

We were on the Vista in August and never went to the Havana area. But I made it a point personally to see as much of the ship as I could. And I did.

We only went to Serenity twice. Once during the day on a sea day, and it was a bit crowded. Left after about 20 minutes. There's alot of plexiglass around Serenity so it was hard to catch a breeze. Wasn't really for me. The next time was during the Serenity party, which started at midnight. It was jam packed. Impossible to get bar service, so after about 15 minutes, we left again.

The rest of the ship honestly never felt crowded to me. The longest line I encountered was the skyride. Waited about 30 minutes on a port day to do that. Food lines were never longer than a few minutes. But we always go at non-peak times just from experience.

I loved the Vista and would book her again in a heartbeat. Lots to do, all kind of stuff to eat. I had no complaints. If you don't like big ships, don't go on it. It is big and I was amazed and annoyed at the number of people complaining about its size including some of the people I traveled with. As if you didn't know the size ahead of time. ;)

Everyone has a different view. We sailed it in August and thought it did seem crowded lots of times because of its layout. The buffet line always looked long but we never ate their anyway. I did go to Serenity one morning until 9am and it wasn't crowded but like someone said, not a lot of breeze there.

We checked out the Havana pool after 7 one night and it was nice. I don't think many realized that you could go there after 7. And everyday when we looked over the railing to see how crowded it was, it wasn't real crowded. At least not compared to the pools on the lido deck. Just depends on what you prefer.

Doug

The Salad bar in the Serenity area is very good, be sure and try it (lines are always long)

The Serenity area was always very crowded when we were on the Vista.

I wasn't impressed with the Havana area & pool. Quite frankly, IMHO it is over-rated. It's been my experience that those with cabins in the Havana area have that same "attitude" that many Platinums & Diamonds exhibit (having tried different type cabins on different decks in different areas - like Lido Deck balcony the most - that's where you'll find us)

As far as lines, there will always be lines on a cruise ship because almost everyone on board is trying to do the same thing at the same time:

When it's mealtime, most everyone wants to eat = lines

When the shows are on, many want to attend the shows = lines

When any scheduled event is happening, if it's at all popular, many want to attend = lines