Victor Bodden - those who have been can you chime in

TEGL

My husband, myself, and our 3yo son will be stopping in Roatan in about 3 weeks. I contacted VB back in June but never confirmed my reservation as I wanted to keep looking around at excursions. Well time got away from me and now im in a rush trying to figure out what we want to do.

We want to do a beach/relax day and have been thinking about VB, Little French Key (although Ive been reading more about the inhumane activity with the animals and steering away from them now), or an AI resort.

If we just do a beach day at West Bay with a stop at Monkey Business do they only offer private tours? I don't mind going with a group but I wasn't sure if that was offered. And if they do only offer private tours is it worth spending the money for a private tour if were just going to be going to the beach all day - with a stop at Monkey Business on the way back to the ship?

Don't get me wrong we would love to do more around the island but having a 3yo kinda limits you.

Also the different beaches at West Bay can anyone share insight on those? Would prefer something a little more private and not crazy busy. Would also prefer non venders, if possible. Just want to be able to relax, play in the water, maybe paddle board or play on one of those ocean obstacle courses. A resort pool would be nice to have too but not a must. Also would like to have a place near by to get food, especially for the little guy.

Gran Roatan Resort

Mayan Princess Resort

Infinity Bay

Foster Resort

Bananarama Resort

The Beach Club

Las Palmas

Edited by TEGL

My husband, myself, and our 3yo son will be stopping in Roatan in about 3 weeks. I contacted VB back in June but never confirmed my reservation as I wanted to keep looking around at excursions. Well time got away from me and now im in a rush trying to figure out what we want to do.

We want to do a beach/relax day and have been thinking about VB, Little French Key (although Ive been reading more about the inhumane activity with the animals and steering away from them now), or an AI resort.

If we just do a beach day at West Bay with a stop at Monkey Business do they only offer private tours? I don't mind going with a group but I wasn't sure if that was offered. And if they do only offer private tours is it worth spending the money for a private tour if were just going to be going to the beach all day - with a stop at Monkey Business on the way back to the ship?

Don't get me wrong we would love to do more around the island but having a 3yo kinda limits you.

Also the different beaches at West Bay can anyone share insight on those? Would prefer something a little more private and not crazy busy. Would also prefer non venders, if possible. Just want to be able to relax, play in the water, maybe paddle board or play on one of those ocean obstacle courses. A resort pool would be nice to have too but not a must. Also would like to have a place near by to get food, especially for the little guy.

Gran Roatan Resort

Mayan Princess Resort

Infinity Bay

Foster Resort

Bananarama Resort

The Beach Club ,

Las Palmas[/quote

This next cruise will be our third time to Roatan and Victor Boden. We have always taken the private tour, Monkey Business and the Iguana preserve. I have never noticed inhumane treatment there. It is way worth the money, you can spend as much time there as you want.

They will take you where you want to go on the private tour, and take you somewhere to eat.

We have been to Haddies Place, twice, its a private little house where the lady makes homemade food, awesome stuff.

Your three yr old will love Monkey Business, they have monkeys, Toucans, McCaws, Blue Crown Conures, we are not beach people so I cant really speak to the good beaches to go to.

We are leaving in a few weeks and one of our stops is in Roatan. We have been with Victor Bodden 2 other times and have booked again with him as we are taking our granddaughter with us who will turn 4 the week prior. We enjoy the private excursions-- especially with a little one in tow. It will give you the freedom to spend as much or as little time as you want at each place. We will go to his house for the monkeys, have planned for the iguanas and then will spend some time at the beach. His drivers always know where the crowds are light and how to avoid the beach vendors. We will also eat at a local place sometime during the day. Victor runs a great company and we always look forward to the day!

Bodden offers a Fun-N-Sun non-private tour. It's a limited time at the beach (2 hrs), as they spend 1.5hrs touring the island, and about 45mins @ Victor's Monkey Business, first. We did the Bodden Zip-N-Dip last week. After ziplining we saw the animals @ VMB -- probably spent only about 30 mins, then they drove us to Bananarama @ West Bay. It poured rain so we didn't sit on the beach. I was actually fairly underwhelmed, the beach area is very narrow, the water cloudy (probably due to weather), and there were vendors everywhere. So West Bay may not be your best bet!